• We will be performing maintenance to upgrade some of our forum tools. During this time, the site will remain online, but you may encounter some errors until the maintenance is complete. The report and search functions will be unavailable until the maintenance is complete.

Maintenance is expected to last up to 4 hours.

The maintenance window will start on Thursday, 2024/07/04, at: 1:00 PM GMT / 3:00 PM CEST / 9:00 AM EDT / 6:00 AM PDT / 12:00 AM AEDT

Thank you for your patience.

VN Ren'Py Abandoned A Long Summer [v0.04] [Ardanos]

4.40 star(s) 11 Votes

HeroHate

Oct 10, 2019
What I played has not sold me sadly, lots of tedious dialogue, little action of any kind. Early I guess though.

L7Bear

May 29, 2017
Most of what I have to say can be summed up in Elmore Leonard's 10th rule of writing:
Leave out the parts readers tend to skip.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

From the amount of work and beautiful renders, I can tell that someone is putting a lot of love into this game.
From the hints about the future in the genre tag it looks like it will go somewhere very interesting.

I really really hope this becomes a good & even an amazing game.

note: There might be a desire to go back and fix the opening now, but I strongly recommend to just push forward and let the game and characters develop. Maybe in a few months when the people playing have an idea where the game is going the Dev can go back and fix the opening.

Reactions: fortuna95 and pcaf

Amahl Farouk

May 13, 2018
Nice story so far, but ouch getting kicked out of it halfway through a day was a bit rough. If you wouldn't mind a bit of advice, end an update at the end of a day when she goes to bed, hopefully not alone! It is nice when an update ends at a logical place. I know it is a visual Novel, but a few well chosen words are always better than a wall of text. It is a bit like packing a ruck sack for a long journey, pack it, then take everything out and remove half, then repack it. Wait a bit and remove all the stuff and then half it again, what you end up in your rucksack is what you really need to carry with you

Last edited:
Reactions: fortuna95

Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018
I agree, that some dialog felt unnecessary long, but because we have solid English and only a few typos, I dont mind that much. And I dont have any problems with a slow start or build up.

I just hope that the teased LIs i saw will be a thing ... e.g. the dad of her BFF or her brother? ;)

And I really am interested how big the branching can be. Some kind of GGGB style? - not in complexity but in range. So is there a pure path and a really dark one (incl. drugs and stuff) and something in between? Or will we only nudge her a bit to one side or another?

All in all this is a nice looking game with a lot of potential :)

Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018

News about version 0.03

Hello everybody,

Sorry for the long silence. I had a few chaotic days at my day job at the start of the month. On top of that, I was sick last week. But now everything is back to normal.

And of course I started to develop version 0.03 of “A long Summer” and plan to release it at the end of the month. Because of those circumstances, it may be a bit shorter than last month's release. I apologize in advance for that and will try to make it up next month where I will have more time for development.

Also, I would like to welcome my new Patrons and thank you all for your support.

I hope you have a nice day
Ardanos

Windjammer

May 30, 2019
The renders are very impressive, and the characters look great. All those outdoor renders with a lot of props and characters take a lot of time to set up and render. Great job on that part.
The story is taking a bit of time to get started. I hope there won't be too many more university speeches to listen to.

Reactions: fortuna95

afterlights

Jan 31, 2020
I hope the brunette in the white tank top doesn't stay as a background character. She's visually interesting every time she appears. Maybe seen in the showers, hopefully.

Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
nobody?
10$ tier, nothing I consider for a new game and developer. If there is constant quality ouput without excuses (speaking in general not an accusation against this dev) and the pacing of the story is good, with all the incest variants, then I will consider to pay 120$ a year :) But curious what is to see on the picture I am too :)

4.40 star(s) 11 Votes