Ren'Py Abandoned A Million Dollar Idea [v0.5] [Light_FeniXXX]

3.00 star(s) 1 Vote
May 30, 2017
Nah, I'm just way less invested in this argument than you are. It was less the point you were trying to make and more your attitude about it that I had issue with, and even still; they weren't intentionally deceptive, they used an online translator, that always means that nuance and clarity will be an issue.

there's two ways to think of patreon, the way you describe, and as a tip jar.

Everything after I tagged the dev in my original post wasn't about you, I just didn't want to double post.

Not getting paid for hobbies, in this economy?
Patreon campaigns set up as a tip jar look very, very different to this one. Look at Akabur's for instance. If it was set up as a tip jar I wouldn't have complained at all, I would've probably commended the dev on having a generous patreon campaign. Good behavior should be praised, just as bad behavior should be called out. Like I said, every time this the dev made a change I'm pretty sure I've noted it, praised the improvement and criticized the issues that are still there. If something starts out with a bunch of really problematic issues and one of them is fixed, that's a good thing and it makes the thing better, but it doesn't erase the need to fix all the other issues.

But fair call on the not being invested, I left it alone 3 months ago, I forgot about it entirely, I just respond to the notifications of people quoting me. I felt like you misrepresented what I was saying and so felt the need to clarify myself. Sorry if I acted more aggressively towards you than I should've, it's not often you find people online who are receptive to polite logical argument as you seem to be.

Anywho, have as good a day as you can in our present hellworld, haha :)

PS. the in this economy meme is pretty funny. You a fan of chilledchaos? Seen him use that one a bunch.

Tigerdiamond thank you for seeing everything as it is. I didn't want to continue this discussion. Vengefulspirit insulted me by calling me a fraud. But I understand that I have to speak out, it's just not ethical to observe. Although I'm sure my words will be misinterpreted again.
vengefulspirit I don't understand why you didn't like my Patreon and why you want to ruin it. But let's look at the facts:
- Do you and others have the opportunity to play the game without sacrificing anything?
- Are the words donation and sale different for you? If you donate to the Church will you also demand a guarantee of getting to heaven?
- I try to make the game as best I can. I post updates that are completed in the sense of the word. If I made one picture and one dialog, but posted it every couple of weeks, would that suit you better?
- Patreon has an unsubscribe button. If the patreon is dead, then it is not difficult to press it. Moreover, several people signed up and unsubscribed after a few days. I might think it's just a one-time thank you for playing. In my country, where people are quite poor,$ 1 is about the cost of a can of beer or a Cup of coffee in a cafe. Please do not treat it as a purchase, but as if you treated the developer to a beer for his efforts.
- Yes, it's a hobby, like most adult content developers I've seen. You can't earn a lot on adult content to support your family. And like tigerdiamond said, it's more of a tip.
- Even professional developers of my favorite games here, with large sums, do not always post an update once a month. Tell us if a person, say an architect, designs and makes calculations. A large object takes him several months. According to your logic, he should not receive a monthly salary before he passes it?
Knowing you I say right away it's just an analogy. I don't consider patreon a salary.
My entire Patreon is similar to most of the others. I think I can tell from the established economic system here.
I don't think I called you a fraud, if I did I apologize. I believe what I said was your patreon is deceptive and seems scammy to me. Those are quite different. I don't know you, maybe you really just don't comprehend the things I am saying, what I do know is that your actions are deceptive, you've refused to incorporate what you say here about release dates and you being a hobbiest on your patreon, and your arguments seem disingenuous and belie a lack of care for the value you are giving your patrons.

All of those things would indicate you might be a scammer, or at least dishonest, but I don't know you and I can't say that is true for sure.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
TLDR: Good on you for making stuff, just be honest on your patreon, otherwise - intentional or not - you are scamming people, and that is bad.

Last edited:
Reactions: ben_sylar

Light_FeniXXX

Game Developer
Jun 16, 2020
Patreon campaigns set up as a tip jar look very, very different to this one. Look at Akabur's for instance. If it was set up as a tip jar I wouldn't have complained at all, I would've probably commended the dev on having a generous patreon campaign. Good behavior should be praised, just as bad behavior should be called out. Like I said, every time this the dev made a change I'm pretty sure I've noted it, praised the improvement and criticized the issues that are still there. If something starts out with a bunch of really problematic issues and one of them is fixed, that's a good thing and it makes the thing better, but it doesn't erase the need to fix all the other issues.

But fair call on the not being invested, I left it alone 3 months ago, I forgot about it entirely, I just respond to the notifications of people quoting me. I felt like you misrepresented what I was saying and so felt the need to clarify myself. Sorry if I acted more aggressively towards you than I should've, it's not often you find people online who are receptive to polite logical argument as you seem to be.

Anywho, have as good a day as you can in our present hellworld, haha :)

PS. the in this economy meme is pretty funny. You a fan of chilledchaos? Seen him use that one a bunch.

I don't think I called you a fraud, if I did I apologize. I believe what I said was your patreon is deceptive and seems scammy to me. Those are quite different. I don't know you, maybe you really just don't comprehend the things I am saying, what I do know is that your actions are deceptive, you've refused to incorporate what you say here about release dates and you being a hobbiest on your patreon, and your arguments seem disingenuous and belie a lack of care for the value you are giving your patrons.

All of those things would indicate you might be a scammer, or at least dishonest, but I don't know you and I can't say that is true for sure.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
TLDR: Good on you for making stuff, just be honest on your patreon, otherwise - intentional or not - you are scamming people, and that is bad.
I pointed out to Patreon that updates are released as soon as they are ready. Maybe now I can concentrate on the game in peace.

May 30, 2017
vengefulspirit, damn, you're strongly giving off a lawyer vibe. Are you by any chance a lawyer IRL? :ROFLMAO:
His name tag is vengefulspirit, of course he´s a lawyer!!!.:ROFLMAO:
He does have some points though. :unsure:
Nah, not a lawyer, just a nerdy dipshit who knows how to debate, has too much time on their hands, and has what seems to be a masochistic inability not to try to raise and fix issues when I come across them.

I pointed out to Patreon that updates are released as soon as they are ready. Maybe now I can concentrate on the game in peace.
It is an improvement. Well done. Still worded dishonestly though. You say you are doing this as a hobby here, but nowhere do you use that word on the patreon. Instead you say: "I'm working on the game alone. I try to spend time developing a new version of the game every day."

Most devs on here work alone, that doesn't have anything to do with whether this is a hobby to them or not. You know that. Then you muddy it further by saying that you try to work on a new version every day. That doesn't sound like the behavior of a hobbiest.

Then you say: "So I can't guarantee that the updates will be monthly. I will strive for this. But when becoming a Patron, please keep this in mind."

That means that you intend to release monthly updates, when you have said on this site, very clearly, that you can't and won't be doing that without more monetary support. So that is a lie on your patreon. Just tell people the truth that "updates are released as soon as they are ready" like you said here, and NOT on your patreon. Then say that you estimate each update will take 2-3 months, because that seems to be the estimate you are working with here. Your one update took you three and a half months to complete.

"I will make posts about how the game is being developed."
That last bit is good, but only if the updates are available to the public and non patrons. It does no good if they are behind a paywall like they are at the moment.

You could also ideally make it clear that patrons are welcome to subscribe on the months that you release updates, and that you will tell them which months those will be so that you won't be ripping anyone off.

Again, what you say here overtly contradicts what you say on your patreon. That means you have to be lying to at least one of the groups. Which is it? I think that it is the one you are asking money from, because what you have said here matches up better with your actions. So if you are lying to make it seem that patrons will get better value than you intend to provide, because that means you will make more money, that would make you a... what's the word?

Every comment I have made here has been, "say what you say here on your patreon". You have used the word hobby in every response to me. But you have changed your patreon a number of times and NEVER used that word there. That, to me, is more that enough evidence to say that you know what you are doing, you know that you are deceiving your patrons. If the word falls so easily off your tongue here, why doesn't it there too?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: ben_sylar and edenz

caxhub

Engaged Member
Aug 22, 2019
Download android v0.2 APK
P/s: Request Link Android Game at my

Reactions: Light_FeniXXX

Famescua

Donor
Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
I tried this game and was ok till the house map. That is horrible I hate having to click so many times to get to a room. If you fixed that it would improve the game.

Light_FeniXXX

Game Developer
Jun 16, 2020
I tried this game and was ok till the house map. That is horrible I hate having to click so many times to get to a room. If you fixed that it would improve the game.
If I understand you correctly, this was improved in version 0.3. There the main character moves around the house without any extra words at once.

Ikarius

Compressor
Nov 13, 2017
A million dollar idea [v0.3] [Light_FeniXXX] - Compressed

Original PC Size: 596.51 MB
Original MAC Size: 579.12 MB

Compressed PC Size: 57.8 MB
Compressed MAC Size: 40.8 MB

This compression is unofficial and may break the game.

LeakAngel

Milk junky
Donor
Jun 20, 2018
Hey,
Just found out aboutyour game, I will watch its development.

Overall, I also agree with vengefulspirit about the Patreon thing. Don't make a big deal out of it, think of it as a tip jar and not a way to finance the project (and future projects as well) for now, while you still need to create a game and build a community.
I'm not a lawyer, I'm more of a marketing guy and trust, money in first stage, even if it's an issue, consumer doesn't care. Especially in the gaming industry. You may take 2 years to find a viable economic model that will lend stable paychecks, and it'd be pretty standard ;)

Keep up the good work at developping and have fun!

Light_FeniXXX

Game Developer
Jun 16, 2020
Hey,
Just found out aboutyour game, I will watch its development.

Overall, I also agree with vengefulspirit about the Patreon thing. Don't make a big deal out of it, think of it as a tip jar and not a way to finance the project (and future projects as well) for now, while you still need to create a game and build a community.
I'm not a lawyer, I'm more of a marketing guy and trust, money in first stage, even if it's an issue, consumer doesn't care. Especially in the gaming industry. You may take 2 years to find a viable economic model that will lend stable paychecks, and it'd be pretty standard ;)

Keep up the good work at developping and have fun!
Thanks! Two years is an optimistic period, and I would be happy if that were the case. Being able to do what you love all the time is a dream. I enjoy the process. The main thing is not to burn out! :)

Reactions: LeakAngel

Light_FeniXXX

Game Developer
Jun 16, 2020
so this as turned into another creepy MC who likes to install cameras to spy on girls
No. The game does not necessarily impose anything. These are optional actions. Role-playing game. You can play the role of a good romantic guy. Or bad, schemer. I am a little surprised by such messages. As for me, this is the same as saying that GTA is a game about how to crush people and shoot passers-by. Or the Elder Scrolls game about where you only need to steal from everyone you meet. After all, these games provide such an opportunity.

Last edited:
3.00 star(s) 1 Vote