J0K3RXXX

Dec 7, 2018
Would there be any hero who could put all the WIP screenshots of the expected Part 11 that OrbOrigin has shared for his patrons in one same post? I mention it because it seems that there are problems in the thread with the images of the first screenshots.

BorgiaBou

Jul 24, 2021
Maan what a disappointment this dev became it seems he took the path of "working less is good money still comes in" i mean this was a 2 month release schedule for some time then a 4 month which was okeysh but now 14. 02 last update, pffff...

TGafy

May 14, 2020
His mom's ashes?
What? No. She's still very much alive. If you had asked if it was his aunt's ashes, it would've been more believable and understandable. Check exactly four posts above yours.

v1900

Apr 21, 2020
What? No. She's still very much alive. If you had asked if it was his aunt's ashes, it would've been more believable and understandable. Check exactly four posts above yours.
:ROFLMAO:
No it has to do with a running tin foil hat theory that the stuff about the aunt is a lie. It is based on the parents evasiveness about the documents and the whole thing around it. Some say that it is the mother that is dying, others say it is a contract the parents have with John (you know that he has being buffing MC's mom).

Besides I think Abby already has her sister's ashes.

Cigzag

Feb 20, 2020
pretty much august or september my best bet is 2nd week of august i hope it worth 3000 render since he halt the updates almost 7 month
3000 renders?! You're funny. Unless the Dev has something like a 3090 GPU, 3000 renders is absolutely impossible to achieve in 7 months. Updates take time for a reason.

v1900

Apr 21, 2020
3000 renders?! You're funny. Unless the Dev has something like a 3090 GPU, 3000 renders is absolutely impossible to achieve in 7 months. Updates take time for a reason.
Not really, a 3090 GPU does not give you a significant advantage over 3070 or a 3060 for rendering times. A GPU render takes so little time to make that 10% advantage means like 12 or 13 seconds difference.

The big advantage of a 3090 is its monstrous VRAM pool that enables some very complex scenes. If it where CPU renders (20+ minutes) I would agree but GPU renders take a few minutes (2+ minutes). If you want to check a dev that goes into detail check [VN] - [Ren'Py] Artemis [Ch. 1] [digi.B] | F95zone. This dude is pushing ≈3000 renders for a 4 month cycle update rendering on multiple PCs.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: lumley

Cigzag

Feb 20, 2020
Not really, a 3090 GPU does not give you a significant advantage over 3070 or a 3060 for rendering times. A GPU render takes so little time to make that 10% advantage means like 12 or 13 seconds difference.

The big advantage of a 3090 is its monstrous VRAM pool that enables some very complex scenes. If it where CPU renders (20+ minutes) I would agree but GPU renders take a few minutes (2+ minutes). If you want to check a dev that goes into detail check [VN] - [Ren'Py] Artemis [Ch. 1] [digi.B] | F95zone. This dude is pushing ≈3000 renders for a 4 month cycle update rendering on multiple PCs.
I really didn't need the GPU lessons, I know how they work but thanks. You try rendering 3000 renders in a few months without a really good/multiple systems. It isn't easy or quick, trust me. We have no idea what OrbOrigin is working with so it's hard to judge how fast they are able to pump out renders. You also have to remember these are people who have lives outside of developing as well...
You're also quite bold to assume every developer has at least a 3060 or 3070 also. Definitely not the case.

v1900

Apr 21, 2020
I really didn't need the GPU lessons, I know how they work but thanks. You try rendering 3000 renders in a few months without a really good/multiple systems. It isn't easy or quick, trust me. We have no idea what OrbOrigin is working with so it's hard to judge how fast they are able to pump out renders. You also have to remember these are people who have lives outside of developing as well...
You're also quite bold to assume every developer has at least a 3060 or 3070 also. Definitely not the case.
Going by your original post you don't know jack shit and I am not assuming anything about the hardware the dev has (it was illustrative), but even if he has a 1060 from 5 years ago or equivalent from AMD he has good hardware for renders. I should know I am an architect and part of the shit I did is rendering in 3ds Max and VRED using Iray, V-ray and Radeon ProRender.

Read again what you posted and you will see that you stated having a 3090 as being the only way to render 3000 images in 7 months.

Antera

Nov 19, 2017
First chapter looked meh but oh boy how good its gets later on. my only complain will be that animation looks OKish at best. But story? its good very good. glad that relationship and interaction between MC and FMC develops slowly and romantically. Story wise I hope it will get better and better in future updates..

Reactions: Taker Fan

Cigzag

Feb 20, 2020
Going by your original post you don't know jack shit and I am not assuming anything about the hardware the dev has (it was illustrative), but even if he has a 1060 from 5 years ago or equivalent from AMD he has good hardware for renders. I should know I am an architect and part of the shit I did is rendering in 3ds Max and VRED using Iray, V-ray and Radeon ProRender.

Read again what you posted and you will see that you stated having a 3090 as being the only way to render 3000 images in 7 months.
This is DAZ studio, buddy. DAZ assets chew vram like crazy. a 1060 is not good enough hardware for DAZ studio at all. 2 fully clothed models with hair alone can use close to 8gb of vram. A 1060 has 6gb...I would know because I have been using DAZ studio daily for over a year now and monitor how much VRAM it uses.

You absolutely could not push out 3000 good looking renders in 7 months with a 1060.

Last edited:

v1900

Apr 21, 2020
This is DAZ studio, buddy. DAZ assets chew vram like crazy. a 1060 is not good enough hardware for DAZ studio at all. 2 fully clothed models with hair alone can use close to 8gb of vram. A 1060 has 6gb...I would know because I have been using DAZ studio daily for over a year now and monitor how much VRAM it uses.

You absolutely could not push out 3000 good looking renders in 7 months with a 1060.
Again buddy you were talking in your original post about speed, not scene complexity. Also DAZ uses Iray, the same GPU renderer as 3ds Max you just need to learn how to manage and optimize textures and models. You have a long way to go.

Last edited:

Cigzag

Feb 20, 2020
Again buddy you were talking in your original post about speed, not scene complexity. Also DAZ uses Iray, the same GPU renderer as 3ds Max you just need to learn how to manage and optimize textures and models. You have a long way to go.
I already know how to optimize textures and models...I am using an example where people don't do that.
Yes, I was talking about speed and scene complexity. 1060's will take a long time rendering anything halfway decent...

4.30 star(s) 210 Votes