v1900

Apr 21, 2020
I already know how to optimize textures and models...I am using an example where people don't do that.
Yes, I was talking about speed and scene complexity. 1060's will take a long time rendering anything halfway decent...
A long time for you maybe. Check rendering times of famous benchmarks like blender classroom for the 1060 and you will get 7 minutes give or take for a render, while it is a lot more than a 3090 it also is a scene more taxing than most VN renders here. A scene from evermotion will be done in 3 or 4 minutes with a 1060.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
If 4 minutes to render a scene like that at 1080p is too much for you I will accept your answer and stop bugging you. :censored:

Last edited:

Antonie van Leeuwenhoek

Mar 30, 2019
A long time for you maybe. Check rendering times of famous benchmarks like blender classroom for the 1060 and you will get 5 minutes give or take for a render, while it is a lot more than a 3090 it also is a scene more taxing than most VN renders here. A scene from evermotion will be done in 3 or 4 minutes with a 1060.
If 4 minutes to render a scene like that at 1080p is too much for you I will accept your answer and stop bugging you. :censored:
Dear v1900 you think my buddy cigzag don't know anything about it that now you want to stop bugging him. I refuse to accept it.

• Haha
Reactions: Cigzag and v1900

Antonie van Leeuwenhoek

Mar 30, 2019
This is DAZ studio, buddy. DAZ assets chew vram like crazy. a 1060 is not good enough hardware for DAZ studio at all. 2 fully clothed models with hair alone can use close to 8gb of vram. A 1060 has 6gb...I would know because I have been using DAZ studio daily for over a year now and monitor how much VRAM it uses.

You absolutely could not push out 3000 good looking renders in 7 months with a 1060.
C'mon cigzag you think you have been using it since doesn't mean it's universal right, your accusation against my bro v1900 is preposterous. I think you guys should fight as long as there is conclusion,

• Haha
Reactions: Cigzag and v1900

Cigzag

Feb 20, 2020
A long time for you maybe. Check rendering times of famous benchmarks like blender classroom for the 1060 and you will get 7 minutes give or take for a render, while it is a lot more than a 3090 it also is a scene more taxing than most VN renders here. A scene from evermotion will be done in 3 or 4 minutes with a 1060.
Is this a scene rendered from Daz Studio? It honestly doesn't look that complex or demanding to me, the lighting is fairly simple, it's outdoors, there's no 3d models/characters with hair and clothes to render in the scene...try filling this scene with more complex lighting and a few models and then see if it still takes four minutes. Or better yet, try an indoor scene with characters in it. That scene looks straight up like an HDRI map almost which is why it would render so quick. An environment with not much going on in it like that is obviously going to be an easy and fast render...

This argument is probably not going to go anywhere however, since we both have a difference of views/opinions/experiences and I respect yours, so to save us both the hassle I am just going to agree to disagree with you and wish you a nice day :).

Last edited:

DenHarrie

Sep 5, 2017
I'm playing episode 10 on a Mac and experiencing a weird problem. I save regularly, and as long as I don't quit, I can go back to earlier saves without a problem. But from the moment I quit the game, I'm unable to pick up where I left. All the episode 10 saves give me this problem:

<< An exception has occurred. / While running game code: / File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 452, in__call__ / renpy.load(fn) / Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way? >>

The saves made during episode 9 and before are not touched by this problem.

Anybody knows what's wrong here? Thank you!

Antera

Nov 19, 2017
Newbish question. once update comes out should I overwrite game or simply delete old version and extract new one?

Antonie van Leeuwenhoek

Mar 30, 2019
Newbish question. once update comes out should I overwrite game or simply delete old version and extract new one?
It's your choice really, want to start fresh then delete old ver. (with save files). Overwrite it, then again no problem (mostly), previous saves do work for this one though. At least for me.

Reactions: Antera

Regardie

Jul 27, 2017
I really wish the update language was correct. "Please bear with me" not "Please bare with me" be patient with me not get naked with me, unless that is the dev's actual intent. Hmmm...

SilentRunning

Feb 19, 2021
On so many levels this is an amazing game, however, the actual sentence construction can be so terrible.

There are times when the sentences are written in such a way as they say the exact opposite of what I know the characters are trying to say.

When I play it I often have to translate the sentences into something understandable. With most games I would never put up with these horribly distracting sentences, but I love this game so much I have just come to understand that I am playing a very poorly translated game.

Is there a plan to have someone go over the text of this to fix all the insane number of grammatical mistakes?

This could easily be in the top 5 games in this genera if the sentence construction received some love.

Still, an amazing game.

Nicole is amazing, obviously, but Marilyn is also really great.

Reactions: Tor7

Raminita

Only in madness, do you find beautiful death
GFX Designer
Donor
Jun 11, 2017

Hey everybody! Here are two WIP/screenshot of the developments modding from Part 11.

There is no prediction yet of the release date, so do bare with me as I do my best to deliver the next update as soon as I have it done.
Thank you all for your patience and as usual, see you soon :)

Latex224

Engaged Member
Mar 28, 2019

Hey everybody! Here are two WIP/screenshot of the developments modding from Part 11.

There is no prediction yet of the release date, so do bare with me as I do my best to deliver the next update as soon as I have it done.
Thank you all for your patience and as usual, see you soon :)
Thank you 4 the share. :)

v1900

Apr 21, 2020
Is this a scene rendered from Daz Studio? It honestly doesn't look that complex or demanding to me, the lighting is fairly simple, it's outdoors, there's no 3d models/characters with hair and clothes to render in the scene...try filling this scene with more complex lighting and a few models and then see if it still takes four minutes. Or better yet, try an indoor scene with characters in it. That scene looks straight up like an HDRI map almost which is why it would render so quick. An environment with not much going on in it like that is obviously going to be an easy and fast render...

This argument is probably not going to go anywhere however, since we both have a difference of views/opinions/experiences and I respect yours, so to save us both the hassle I am just going to agree to disagree with you and wish you a nice day :).
Oh, man! I went on a fucking quest, Mario style. You know, the ones where you clear the castle and fucking Peach isn't there. My purpose is to know if rendering time is a mayor obstacle with middle of the road hardware. You might get a laugh at my bad luck.

First I dusted up my office keys (haven't been there for 3 years) and drove into town. When I retired and sold my business, I kept some PCs and was sure I had a 1060 there. No luck, found some Radeon RX 480s though and an old Nvidia 970. Left the 970, I would have hanged myself rendering in that POS and you would have pissed on my grave. Took the 480s seeing as they are almost the same as a 1060 (well the 480 does have 8 GB VRAM vs the 1060's 6 GB) and I don't feel like paying 1800 US Dollars for the one 1060 I found for sale.

Returned to my home and swapped my GPU. Then I downloaded Daz 3D and got the surprise that you need an Nvidia GPU or you are fucked, I could export it to another program but fuck it, so Blender it is. Downloaded Blender and started learning to use it. Started rendering and my PC turned off :ROFLMAO:. Thinking I burned the 480 I swapped for another 480 with no luck turning my PC on. Swapped in my RX 5700 and the same shit. Turns out I had been using my PC with a busted AIO pump :p. Drove into town again and turns out the malls have being closed again because the pandemic rebound so I had to return and order it from Amazon :mad:. Any way it arrived today and I have finished my testing.

I tested the classroom benchmark for blender (it is a scene that is freely available). The only changes I made were to turn on GPU rendering and change the rendering tile size from 32 pixels to 512 pixels. The time for completion was 6:36 minutes. I forgot to put proof of the RX 480 in the first renders but it is there on the later ones and I covered over my name at the bottom. The times to finish the render and VRAM usage (it is accurate) are at the top left corner of the rendering window.(y)

Next up I added background models (you know those crappy ones to fill a scene, still 3D but with bad hair) and deactivated the depth of field to make it easy to see the crappy models. The rendering time was 6:53 minutes (just 17 seconds more).

Now we get to the meat of the test. I added a model with nice hair. Completion time 8:25 minutes WTF! It is the hair dude trust me. Also the second image has the first proof that I am indeed using an RX 480.

Lastly I tried to take the time down so I did what some devs do, I fucked up the hair. Took down the time to 7 minutes flat (I am a smug bastard like that). I included a second image with proof that I am still using the same GPU (changed from Radeon GUI to Task Manager because Radeon GUI is too big).

After my testing I will say with some certainty that what eats a lot of production time is posing and animating the models for a scene. I tried it (didn't include those renders) and the best I could manage was to make the the model look like a chicken with polio. On the other hand I think that 2.5 hours of rendering for 20 days a month for 7 months (fuck hope it was 7 months:ROFLMAO:) you can indeed get those 3000 renders we talked about. There are other things that take a lot of time from the production of a VN but rendering is not one of them. I have a new appreciation for the work of this and other devs. I take my hat off to all the devs in this site.

sandstorm1872

Sep 6, 2018
Oh, man! I went on a fucking quest, Mario style. You know, the ones where you clear the castle and fucking Peach isn't there. My purpose is to know if rendering time is a mayor obstacle with middle of the road hardware. You might get a laugh at my bad luck.

First I dusted up my office keys (haven't been there for 3 years) and drove into town. When I retired and sold my business, I kept some PCs and was sure I had a 1060 there. No luck, found some Radeon RX 480s though and an old Nvidia 970. Left the 970, I would have hanged myself rendering in that POS and you would have pissed on my grave. Took the 480s seeing as they are almost the same as a 1060 (well the 480 does have 8 GB VRAM vs the 1060's 6 GB) and I don't feel like paying 1800 US Dollars for the one 1060 I found for sale.

Returned to my home and swapped my GPU. Then I downloaded Daz 3D and got the surprise that you need an Nvidia GPU or you are fucked, I could export it to another program but fuck it, so Blender it is. Downloaded Blender and started learning to use it. Started rendering and my PC turned off :ROFLMAO:. Thinking I burned the 480 I swapped for another 480 with no luck turning my PC on. Swapped in my RX 5700 and the same shit. Turns out I had been using my PC with a busted AIO pump :p. Drove into town again and turns out the malls have being closed again because the pandemic rebound so I had to return and order it from Amazon :mad:. Any way it arrived today and I have finished my testing.

I tested the classroom benchmark for blender (it is a scene that is freely available). The only changes I made were to turn on GPU rendering and change the rendering tile size from 32 pixels to 512 pixels. The time for completion was 6:36 minutes. I forgot to put proof of the RX 480 in the first renders but it is there on the later ones and I covered over my name at the bottom. The times to finish the render and VRAM usage (it is accurate) are at the top left corner of the rendering window.(y)

Next up I added background models (you know those crappy ones to fill a scene, still 3D but with bad hair) and deactivated the depth of field to make it easy to see the crappy models. The rendering time was 6:53 minutes (just 17 seconds more).

Now we get to the meat of the test. I added a model with nice hair. Completion time 8:25 minutes WTF! It is the hair dude trust me. Also the second image has the first proof that I am indeed using an RX 480.

Lastly I tried to take the time down so I did what some devs do, I fucked up the hair. Took down the time to 7 minutes flat (I am a smug bastard like that). I included a second image with proof that I am still using the same GPU (changed from Radeon GUI to Task Manager because Radeon GUI is too big).

After my testing I will say with some certainty that what eats a lot of production time is posing and animating the models for a scene. I tried it (didn't include those renders) and the best I could manage was to make the the model look like a chicken with polio. On the other hand I think that 2.5 hours of rendering for 20 days a month for 7 months (fuck hope it was 7 months:ROFLMAO:) you can indeed get those 3000 renders we talked about. There are other things that take a lot of time from the production of a VN but rendering is not one of them. I have a new appreciation for the work of this and other devs. I take my hat off to all the devs in this site.
Appreciate your sincere efforts and also provides a behind the scenes perspective to a scene. I'm sure OrbOrigin would appreciate this experiment as well.

gregonzole

Aug 10, 2017
Did they fix the terrible grammar and spelling errors for the dialogue? They were so bad it became annoying to read through.

4.30 star(s) 210 Votes