botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
And if some people treat their Patreon subscription like others treat their gym-memberships, that is not your concern. How other people spend their money is up to them, no matter how wasteful you think it is.
Sure, but I can make fun of them, that's my prerogative. :cool:

To be fair, you are right about Patreon on paper, but in reality most people think of it as an exchange of money for privilege. Getting exclusive content, getting time-gated content first.
You could even say that the way Patreon handles this is just due to legal reasons, because no one can sue or demand their money back, if it is all treated like a patronage and not an actual deal where you exchange one good for another.
It's like with a lot of video game companies, they want to basically loan us the right to play their games, but we still believe we buy the games and own them afterwards, and sometimes both views clash and depending on where (due to different laws in different countries) and how it happens, either the company or the gamers win.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
A lot of people feel this way lol. I'm not sure about if it was intentional but Chloe comes off like Scrappy Doo and even in her loyal playthrough gives the MC a lot more grief than affection. I still like her though and would like to spare her the smelly, hairy, unwashed, misshapen penis of her perverted history teacher. So why is my favorite playthrough one where he is dicking her down? The world may never know.

I would prefer the possibility to end it with Chloe at some point, WITHOUT her starting anything with the disgusting Beeman.
I think ending it early in the relationship with Nicole would probably put an end to that as well, because Nicole still tells herself she does it for her daughter, but once the real romance between MC and Nicole starts, it should be fine to gently break it to Chloe that it's over.
I mean, I can't stand seeing her with Beeman, but I hate that I do actually miss out on Nicole content due to not going the NTR route.

• Haha
Reactions: cxx

Barretto24

Feb 15, 2021
who is Palmer and what does he have to do with the game?

He was brought up as a response to another user. You'd know that if you took the time to read the thread. He was the Developer of Dessert For Daughter.

Ah. you enter the role of troll. You just randomly ask questions without any due diligence. As George Thorogood would say "Last call for Alcohol"

Thought that said Guybrush Threepwood then was gonna say what has Monkey Island gotta do with anything lol.

Barretto24

Feb 15, 2021
Was he though? :)
Yes him and Ricky joined in 2015 and formed Love Joint. They started work on D4D. They were the two main devs on the game. Ricky and the rest of the LJ team finished the game when Palmer passed. Anyways this isn't a D4D thread. Was just answering a users question and kinda spiralled.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
I would prefer the possibility to end it with Chloe at some point, WITHOUT her starting anything with the disgusting Beeman.
I think ending it early in the relationship with Nicole would probably put an end to that as well, because Nicole still tells herself she does it for her daughter, but once the real romance between MC and Nicole starts, it should be fine to gently break it to Chloe that it's over.
I mean, I can't stand seeing her with Beeman, but I hate that I do actually miss out on Nicole content due to not going the NTR route.
Well, the irony of Chloe getting fucked by Beeman is that it is all Nicole's fault. Well, kind of.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
That's why the Chloe is Strange storyline is my favorite. There is actually hope that one day she is going to be able to make her own decision about what is happening.

EndlessNights

Jun 18, 2022
That's why the Chloe is Strange storyline is my favorite. There is actually hope that one day she is going to be able to make her own decision about what is happening.
That's really fascinating stuff...thanks for posting. I've never played the Chloe is Strange path and now feel like I've missed out on a big part of the story. It gives me new hope that my preferred ending might just be possible if the game ever gets finished. I'm one of those weirdos who wants the MC to end up with Chloe rather than Nicole, but I've never been able to envision Chloe figuring out what's been going on between the MC and Nicole and forgiving it. However, I didn't take into account the power of MAGIC.

J0K3RXXX

Dec 7, 2018
Well, the irony of Chloe getting fucked by Beeman is that it is all Nicole's fault. Well, kind of.
Very true. I wonder how Orb will get Marilyn and the MC to find out that the ring she created has backfired in Chloe submitting to Beeman (NTR path) or the MC (Non NTR path).

I personally think that will have to do with...

I agree with you. It would be nice if the MC broke up with Chloe in some way without the need for Beeman to end up fucking her as a substitute for his unrequited love of youth.

Personally I think the best option would be the following: in the Non NTR path, I think the ideal intention of this MC would be to take advantage of the fact that Chloe is going to a university far from home to break up with her amicably, claiming that a long distance relationship will not work (after all, John has said this directly to the MC). However, the most logical thing is that Chloe catches them red-handed at some point.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Very true. I wonder how Orb will get Marilyn and the MC to find out that the ring she created has backfired in Chloe submitting to Beeman (NTR path) or the MC (Non NTR path).

I personally think that will have to do with...

I agree with you. It would be nice if the MC broke up with Chloe in some way without the need for Beeman to end up fucking her as a substitute for his unrequited love of youth.

Personally I think the best option would be the following: in the Non NTR path, I think the ideal intention of this MC would be to take advantage of the fact that Chloe is going to a university far from home to break up with her amicably, claiming that a long distance relationship will not work (after all, John has said this directly to the MC). However, the most logical thing is that Chloe catches them red-handed at some point.
The sad thing is that even catching MC and her mom red-handed may not be enough to break the spell. The spell is having a really odd effect on her state of mind. It is kind of like that scene where she cannot differentiate between her mother and boyfriend fucking or the two teenagers who she really caught. There are also several times where they are fucking perilously close to her and she is completely oblivious like the cuck in an NTR story. In the bathroom and behind the couch are two especially egregious examples. This moronic obliviousness and ability to swallow bullshit explanations with a smile despite the fact that she is so suspicious that she is hallucinating their liaisons when nobody is around could be a result of the spell. As a result of this, she may not be able to refute any explanation that they do give why she isn't seeing what her lying eyes are telling her.

Reactions: EndlessNights

J0K3RXXX

Dec 7, 2018
The sad thing is that even catching MC and her mom red-handed may not be enough to break the spell. The spell is having a really odd effect on her state of mind. It is kind of like that scene where she cannot differentiate between her mother and boyfriend fucking or the two teenagers who she really caught. There are also several times where they are fucking perilously close to her and she is completely oblivious like the cuck in an NTR story. In the bathroom and behind the couch are two especially egregious examples. This moronic obliviousness and ability to swallow bullshit explanations with a smile despite the fact that she is so suspicious that she is hallucinating their liaisons when nobody is around could be a result of the spell. As a result of this, she may not be able to refute any explanation that they do give why she isn't seeing what her lying eyes are telling her.
One thing is that the spell makes her submissive and gullible about their affair, and another is that it doesn't affect her if she catches them red-handed. After all, look what her first reaction was when she thought she caught them in the dance party at the high school: she was outraged and furious.

It's true that the spell will probably get stronger as time goes on (we can see it in any of the NTR routes, where Chloe points out that she hates the library because that's where she met MC and they started their relationship), but I don't think it's powerful enough for her to accept their affair or whatever lam excuse MC and Nicole might give her if she catches them red-handed. Also, surely the first thing Chloe would do after discovering their affair would be to tell Beeman and/or her father, generating a real mess of hardly predictable results.

As for the situations you mention where she was able to catch them (the sofa and the fuck on the washing machine), she was distracted enough not to delve into the situation (on the sofa, she wanted to talk on the phone to her lover (MC en Non NTR route; Beeman in the other routes) and in the other, if I'm not mistaken, she was studying but with the headphones on). It's true that these are scenes typical of NTR moments, but within the possibilities, it is not as forced as it happens in other games.

Changing the topic, it's very likely that Orb will announce something in about three weeks. Before you ask, I don't have any proof of this, but based on his previous Patreon announcements, during the last year he's making announcements around the first week of every 3 months, and the last announcement was the first week of May. Following that pattern, he should publish something during the first week of August.

Reactions: g_rambler

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Has this been abandoned? this is one of my favorite games I love story.
The last I heard, the dev has other legal issues to do with a family estate and has been pre-occupied with that. I don't recall anything about him abandoning this game, but rather it is put on hold indefinitely... which could mean it is abandoned, or we could get a surprise and he could start work on it again.

I hold out hope as this is by far my favourite story of all the VN's I played.

It would be nice to see someone else pick up the torch for this if the dev could tell someone else where the story was going and let someone else complete it. <sigh>

4.30 star(s) 216 Votes