Former Legendary Game Compressor
Modder
Donor
Compressor
Mar 16, 2019
A New Beginning [Ch. 1-7] JJsworld

Original Size Win/Linux: 744 MB

Compressed Size Win/Linux: 126 MB: -

This compression is unofficial. Compressing process reduces image/audio/video quality and can break the game, be aware of that.

You can find all of my Walkthrough Mods content here:

Or you can:

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
so it's just 'consolidated'? no new content???
Chapter 7 is all new. 156 renders relate to Chapter 7 (a few are recycled). If you already have the previous two releases, there's an option at the beginning of the story to skip directly to Chapter 7. Just hit 'start' and you'll see the cues to skip chapters in the first couple of clicks. You'll still get the option to assign the name of your choice to the protagonist at the start of the story.

The plan is to release future chapters as 'patches' as well as updating the full release. The story was consolidated this time around to allow people to get the entire story so far in one single package, so the two previous releases were combined with the new chapter. A few people requested this, hence why it was done.

There were a number of changes made under the hood with the coding and pic numbering to enable this option for future updates. I assisted JJsworld with the coding for this update, hence why I'm answering here.

The next (uncompressed) update should be a lot smaller package size wise, and you'll be able to 'drag and drop' it into the main story folder.

Last edited:

VN..reader

Aug 28, 2020
Chapter 7 is all new. 156 renders relate to Chapter 7 (a few are recycled). If you already have the previous two releases, there's an option at the beginning of the story to skip directly to Chapter 7. Just hit 'start' and you'll see the cues to skip chapters in the first couple of clicks. You'll still get the option to assign the name of your choice to the protagonist at the start of the story.

The plan is to release future chapters as 'patches' as well as updating the full release. It was done this time around to allow people to get the entire story so far in one single package, so the two previous releases were combined with the new chapter. A few people requested this, hence why it was done.

There were a number of changes made under the hood with the coding and pic numbering to enable this option for future updates. I assisted JJsworld with the coding for this update, hence why I'm answering here.

The next (uncompressed) update should be a lot smaller package size wise, and you'll be able to 'drag and drop' it into the main story folder.
thank you .. i don't remember where i left off. and really liked this game. had a couple hd failures so previous copy gone. i will gladly start over for new stuff. this one is worth it. i have NO complaints.. that i remember... damn drugs... (for medicinal only)

• Haha
Reactions: OhWee

Rindarion

Apr 26, 2019
JJsworld At certain parts the game scrollback automatically a bit before going forward again, that's something you should look into, and why those borders?

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
JJsworld At certain parts the game scrollback automatically a bit before going forward again, that's something you should look into, and why those borders?
(answering here as I'm involved on the coding end).

I haven't seen the 'automatic scrollback' behavior on my end. At which point in the story did you observe this?

As for the borders, this has to do with the interface originally being set up for 1280 x 720, while the images aren't that wide (989x921), and automatically resize to fit the height of the window. The background was added to hide the transparent background at the edges of the images. Note that Rollback Side is currently set to respond to clicks on the left 11% or so of the screeen, which corresponds with the 'border' size.

JJsworld is new to the whole Renpy/VN thing, and since Renpy resizes images dynamically based on the size of the window, the 'default' interface size vs. pic size isn't that big of a deal, since people can resize the window to fit their available screen area anyways by dragging the corner/edge of the window (the aspect ratio is maintained of course). It's possible to reduce the default width of the window in the code options on the coding end, but yeah it's a 'default window size set to 1280 x 720 and pics not being that wide' thing currently...

Note that Rollback Side is enabled by default currently, and clicking on the left margin area will allow you to scroll backwards in the story (to a point). I'm curious if you are on a touchscreen. If so, try disabling Rollback side in the options, I'm curious if that might resolve your scrollback issue... Also, if you aren't a fan of Rollback, again you can disable it in options.

Last edited:
Reactions: JJsworld

Rindarion

Apr 26, 2019
(answering here as I'm involved on the coding end).

I haven't seen the 'automatic scrollback' behavior on my end. At which point in the story did you observe this?

As for the borders, this has to do with the interface originally being set up for 1280 x 720, while the images aren't that wide (989x921), and automatically resize to fit the height of the window. The background was added to hide the transparent background at the edges of the images. Note that Rollback Side is currently set to respond to clicks on the left 11% or so of the screeen, which corresponds with the 'border' size.

JJsworld is new to the whole Renpy/VN thing, and since Renpy resizes images dynamically based on the size of the window, the 'default' interface size vs. pic size isn't that big of a deal, since people can resize the window to fit their available screen area anyways by dragging the corner/edge of the window (the aspect ratio is maintained of course). It's possible to reduce the default width of the window in the code options on the coding end, but yeah it's a 'default window size set to 1280 x 720 and pics not being that wide' thing currently...

Note that Rollback Side is enabled by default currently, and clicking on the left margin area will allow you to scroll backwards in the story (to a point). I'm curious if you are on a touchscreen. If so, try disabling Rollback side in the options, I'm curious if that might resolve your scrollback issue... Also, if you aren't a fan of Rollback, again you can disable it in options.
Thanks for the answer, didn't even think of checking the rollback side option since it's usually not activated but everything is working as it should now.

megaplayboy10k

Apr 16, 2018
Why isn't this kind of scene in basically EVERY game with a "harem" tag? It's a "harem" if:
1. There's 3 or more love/sex partners in it
2. They're aware of each other and at least tolerant of the arrangement
3. The MC is at least hypothetically capable of having sex with all(or several) of them at the same time

Too many games with a harem label where only #1 is true, the MC spends the whole time lying to all of them about dating other people, and if a threesome happens, it's just as likely to not involve more than one core member of the harem.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: JJsworld and OhWee

megaplayboy10k

Apr 16, 2018
My only quibble is that whenever I see a buff male mc with slick pointy hair my mind immediately thinks "Jersey Shore".

robbaniak

Jul 17, 2019
Could there be my favorite point: old saves don't work?
...for that we get a set of Mr. Weed saves :confused:

Fortunately, you can start a new game by selecting the chapter you want to start with (y)

Last edited:

JJsworld

Game Developer
Jun 17, 2018
Why isn't this kind of scene in basically EVERY game with a "harem" tag? It's a "harem" if:
1. There's 3 or more love/sex partners in it
2. They're aware of each other and at least tolerant of the arrangement
3. The MC is at least hypothetically capable of having sex with all(or several) of them at the same time

Too many games with a harem label where only #1 is true, the MC spends the whole time lying to all of them about dating other people, and if a threesome happens, it's just as likely to not involve more than one core member of the harem.
Actually been working on a few scenes to put in that involves all the girls at the same time... Got to have the right situation to insert it...

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017
per request, here is my unofficial android port of A New Beginning Chapters 1-7.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

from now on my android ports of Ren'Py games have a 2nd, persistent save location like windows. if you uninstall an app, the save files and persistent data remain intact.
therefore the app needs the permission to access the public external storage (or a new one on Android 11 :FacePalm:), because it has to read and write outside its own external storage directories.
you have to grant the permission or the app is shut down.

have fun and please report problems (you can reach me ).

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Could there be my favorite point: old saves don't work?
...for that we get a set of Mr. Weed saves :confused:

Fortunately, you can start a new game by selecting the chapter you want to start with (y)
Wait, my saves (which are supposedly saved to a different hard drive) are showing up in the package? If so, I need to hunt down and kill those. Lord Wee is a 'silly joke' name that I use.

Edit: Yep, just checked, there's a save folder in the package there. With my saves... DOH!
For those that want to delete those for now, you should be able to safely delete them if you so wish. They are here:
\ANewBeginningCh1-7v1.0-pc\game\saves
No sense repackaging the entire VN for that, but I'll see to it that those won't be in the next full release for Chapter 8 when it comes out.

And yes, since the pics had to be renumbered to eliminate duplicates, I was pretty sure previous saves might not work, which is one reason why the 'skip to chapter' mechanism was added. That and some people have already read Chapters 1-6...

Last edited:

cubba

Jul 12, 2018
Feedback time:
(Please note that I like the game so far, otherwise I wouldn't bother. Also the feedback is purely from a consumer point of view... because I lack the patience to learn DAZ or HS :ROFLMAO:)

The biggest issue I have is with the "novel" part of the VN:
Grammar and punctuation are repeatedly wrong.
Numbers should be written out (this is also repeating)
e.g. use "It seems, that three of the four, doesn't seem to mind." instead of "It seems, that 3 of the 4, doesn't seem to mind." You are writing a novel, not doing math or posting in a chatroom (also looks lazy) ;)
Choose a different font/format for internal dialogue. Just write in italic or somthing. The dialogue is hard to follow sometimes.

Now for the "visual" part:
Can't say that much here because i know this is your first VN.
Also I am pretty sure the render quality is restricted by your hardware right now.
Some renders had the wrong ratio (the sports car got compressed and looked like a NOT sports car)
Renders are fuzzy, at some of them I can't even recognize a face (again, probably hardware related).
Speaking of face, there are not much facial expressions (not very important righ now because fuzzy and all but maybe worth mentioning)

There are some scenes where the text doesn't fit the actual scene we are seeing.
e.g. this one and some of the following text/scene:
screenshot0001.png

Maybe some (or all) of it has been said, but I didn't read the comments for now so the dont't influence my feedback :)

• Thinking Face
3.00 star(s) 21 Votes