pougie

Apr 26, 2020
Hi
Sorry if I'm missing something obvious and this is a boneheaded question but I've just finished the brilliant first chapter and started the second but unfortunately every choice is presented in the form of a walkthrough and as well I noticed in the notes that you should always pick the top choice. I'm just wondering if anyone knows of a way to switch of the walkthrough indication of what will result from any choice as I couldn't find any way to do this? and if so is there also is there any way to randomise which choice appears as the top one because it definitely makes for far less fun in the current mode.

Thankyou very much in advance for any replies

xcribr

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2017
Hi
Sorry if I'm missing something obvious and this is a boneheaded question but I've just finished the brilliant first chapter and started the second but unfortunately every choice is presented in the form of a walkthrough and as well I noticed in the notes that you should always pick the top choice. I'm just wondering if anyone knows of a way to switch of the walkthrough indication of what will result from any choice as I couldn't find any way to do this? and if so is there also is there any way to randomise which choice appears as the top one because it definitely makes for far less fun in the current mode.

Thankyou very much in advance for any replies
I coded in the walkthrough because people kept asking for a walkthrough last time.

Unfortunately, there's no way to switch it off.

BartPS

Oct 21, 2020
Just to let you know, the Linux version does not have the shiny new Christmas Special button. Thanks for the Chrissy prez. anyway! Watching via VirtualBox for now - a little slow but still enjoyable. Can't wait to see it in all its glory.

xcribr

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2017
Just to let you know, the Linux version does not have the shiny new Christmas Special button. Thanks for the Chrissy prez. anyway! Watching via VirtualBox for now - a little slow but still enjoyable. Can't wait to see it in all its glory.
Odd... It should be in the same place. The file name was "ANewHomeII-0.08cs-pc.zip" yes?

jstreet

Engaged Member
Jan 7, 2018
envixer the Christmas Special is a nice short background before MC reunited with his family. The little interaction with your character Maya and you at the start of the Special was a little funny. It's nice to see the old look for the twins make a come back even if it was for a short time.

Reactions: xcribr

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017
here is my unofficial android port of A New Home Volume 2 v0.08cs.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

from now on my android ports of Ren'Py games have a 2nd, persistent save location like windows. if you uninstall an app, the save files and persistent data remain intact.
therefore the app needs the permission to access the public external storage, because it has to read and write outside its own external storage directories.
you have to grant the permission or the app is shut down.

have fun and please report problems (you can reach me ).

BartPS

Oct 21, 2020
Odd... It should be in the same place. The file name was "ANewHomeII-0.08cs-pc.zip" yes?
Sorry my post was a bit unclear. Yes it's the same DL file, but after extracting the zip, and opening the .exe file in Windows, the extra menu item appears, whereas on opening the .sh file in Linux, there is no extra menu item. Perhaps this is a bug in Ren'Py.

xcribr

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2017
Sorry my post was a bit unclear. Yes it's the same DL file, but after extracting the zip, and opening the .exe file in Windows, the extra menu item appears, whereas on opening the .sh file in Linux, there is no extra menu item. Perhaps this is a bug in Ren'Py.
That does sound like a Ren'Py bug... Very weird!

CLDꝜ

̷ ̷ ̶ ̴ ̴ ̴ ̷ ̸ ̸ ̷ ̵ ̸ ̸ ̴ ̵ ̷ ̵ ̴ ̶ ̴ ̶ ̵ ̶ ̴ ̵
Staff member
Community Liaison
Jul 7, 2017
Had to check myself, cause I've never heard of Linux and Windows working differently on the same build, and i do see the Christmas Special button on Manjaro Linux (using the .sh of course) so your problem might be unique to your machine:\

BartPS

Oct 21, 2020
That does sound like a Ren'Py bug... Very weird!
Had to check myself, cause I've never heard of Linux and Windows working differently on the same build, and i do see the Christmas Special button on Manjaro Linux (using the .sh of course) so your problem might be unique to your machine:\
So now the icon has appeared, and I'm beginning to doubt myself! Whatever was causing the glitch seems to have righted itself anyway. Sorry for any disruption.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: xcribr and CLDꝜ
3.40 star(s) 67 Votes