StephanieD

Jan 16, 2023
I'm confused, the developer has written version
Vol 1 - 0.95 beta; Vol 2 - 0.5 which looks like two parts i.e. volume 1 and volume 2. Then I go to the developer notes and it says A note on versions:V1.0 will be the merged game, that's why this is at 0.5.

All I know is the first set of links takes me to a file called ANewHomeII-0.5-pc .zip

Then I click something called spoiler volume 1 that takes me to a file called ANewHome-0.95-beta-pc .zip

Do I need to download both of these files or not ? Because I can't understand if the first link is a part 1 of the series or parts 1 and 2 merged.

Last edited:

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
Vol 1 - 0.95 beta; Vol 2 - 0.5 which looks like two parts i.e. volume 1 and volume 2. Then I go to the developer notes and it says A note on versions:V1.0 will be the merged game, that's why this is at 0.5.

So V1 1.0 is both volumes merged and 0.5 is volume 1 only?
Or Vol 1 and Vol 2 are parts 1 and 2? Which is it?
The merged version hasn't been released yet.
Play Vol 1, then Vol 2.

OnlyWorthyDevsMakeMoney

Oct 31, 2021

So V1 1.0 is both volumes merged and 0.5 is volume 1 only?
Or Vol 1 and Vol 2 are parts 1 and 2? Which is it?
It's simple, Vol.1 and Vol.2 are both completed. Now you have to play them separately, the future 1.0 version will be a single game with Vol.1 and Vol.2 in sequence.

DarkDaemonX

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2020
It said you can now earn romance points, yet the game ended with all of them staying at 0, I think this game was supposed to go on for much longer, building romantic relationships with most of the girls, getting them pregnant and seeing them pregnant, but the dev decided to quickly throw a "The End" message on it for some reason, in my eyes this game is not completed but abandoned instead.

kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
It said you can now earn romance points, yet the game ended with all of them staying at 0, I think this game was supposed to go on for much longer, building romantic relationships with most of the girls, getting them pregnant and seeing them pregnant, but the dev decided to quickly throw a "The End" message on it for some reason, in my eyes this game is not completed but abandoned instead.
It's possible however it's also entirely possible the dev planned for it and simply never implemented it but never refactored their code to remove reference to it. I've got loads of mad shit in my code. If the options are remove it and fix the issues or just leave it and let it harm no one, sometimes it's best to just go with the flow.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
getting them pregnant and seeing them pregnant
Pregnancy was never a big thing for this game.

Only 1 girl wanted a baby and was planned to get impregnated and that was his best friend.

None of the family were ever going to get pregnant which then only left about 3 other girls, none of which even talked about it.

OnlyWorthyDevsMakeMoney

Oct 31, 2021
Not abandoned but rushed, I think that the dev started to lose interest and rushed the ending.

DarkDaemonX

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2020
Pregnancy was never a big thing for this game.

Only 1 girl wanted a baby and was planned to get impregnated and that was his best friend.

None of the family were ever going to get pregnant which then only left about 3 other girls, none of which even talked about it.
It was mentioned that some family members could get children with minimal risks, and that would've likely happened if the dev didn't suddenly end it (it made no sense to end it there).

The whole risk is blown out of proportion anyways, unless there has been inbreeding for multiple generations or if one or both of the parents has a defect in their genes, the risk isn't that much higher than from non related parents, society has made it sound like it's a 50/50 gamble whether there is a birth defect or not, just so people don't even try to have kids with their relatives, so the dev didn't quite do their research on the subject.

Not abandoned but rushed, I think that the dev started to lose interest and rushed the ending.
A rushed ending like this made me feel like I wasted my time playing it, it really made no sense to end it there, I don't think I'll ever trust this dev again, he'll probably ruin more games he makes.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
Plus the game changed from what was going on in chapter 1 to something else, lost interest in this VN when that happen.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
How do you mean? IS the game romantic romance game with the family?
Its been to long now since I played.
You should just play it starting with volume 1.
It seems that it was more love and romance with possible more when it finish in volume 1 but when 2 came around its still sex with the family but it seemed to lose some of the romance/love to a degree.

3.40 star(s) 67 Votes