xcribr

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2017
@envixer did you intentionally set this in the options.rpy "define config.save_directory = None"? I ask because I usually just delete the previous version even before opening the new one knowing the saves are backed up at AppData but this setting makes it so the saves only stay in the game folder, deleted along with it. It also means players must manually copy the save files every time a new version is launched. Is this a design choice or just an oversight?

Edit: While playing and when compared to the previous version, I noticed a significant drop in image quality to the point that it's unpleasant on a 1366x768 screen (I can only imagine what people using 4k and 1080p displays feel). In some scenes all your work on the details is lost in a blended, distorted, almost random mess hiding behind a visible grid, like an old TV. While I understand the appeal of heavy compression, you have 345 HD image files averaging 70KB each for a total of 24MB, maybe you can afford to tone it down a bit so we can see the finer details of the art you're creating because, as it stands, you're doing yourself a disservice.
Yes, it's intentional, but I'm going to change it for the next release, though, as it seems to be causing issues with saving on Mac.

xcribr

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2017
Development Update

The next content update may end up being 6-8 weeks away. I know it's a long wait, but there's too much I need to get into the next update. Releasing any of it partially would lead to really weird scene splitting, and that wouldn't be fun.

I'll keep you guys updated (as usual) :D

KillJoy2190

Jul 8, 2017
@envixer
Pretty good so far. (I just started Day 4) I think your renders are really good, and the story is starting to make more sense. My only criticism is that I think you need some more transition shots during some scenes. What I mean by this is, for example, when you're in the pool with Rebb, you're sitting...(flash kissing picture)...you're sitting...you're sitting...(flash kissing picture)...you're sitting...etc. I think if you have more than two pictures for that scene, it could make it look and feel smoother/more natural. Other than that, I like your concept and story and look forward to more. Keep up the good work.

Reactions: xcribr

Carlo S

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
May 20, 2017
Synopsis: Mom asks to MC to leave home to protect him, He gets very rich, and helps and protects his family, but looks for the reasons, because his Mom asked him to leave, the first secret is discovered, but many others will have to be unveiled, the MC itself, has its secrets too, a fascinating story begins. Thanks @envixer ;););) ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------ And in the new versions: Suz, Rebb and twins will have their turn, but MC has to choose the right path with each of them and will have a bonus in each scene chosen correctly. @envixer

EvilMonkey

Aug 20, 2017
whats new from 0.6? theres no changelog or updated info in OP
I'm assuming bugfixes. This dev seems to follow the logical nomenclature for version numbers. The first zero being "not completed", the second digit, "6" being the version/release number and the third digit being the revision of the current version. At least that's what I'm assuming, especially as the last release was last week.

Deleted member 54063

Donor
Jun 4, 2017
I'm assuming bugfixes. This dev seems to follow the logical nomenclature for version numbers. The first zero being "not completed", the second digit, "6" being the version/release number and the third digit being the revision of the current version. At least that's what I'm assuming, especially as the last release was last week.
It's just a basic version, of well, .

First digit (major): Major release (like going from beta to RC, etc).
Second (minor): Feature release or collection of small changes.
Third (patch): Small change or fixes.

Although there are many variations and differing methods on that.

Reactions: xcribr and phreadom

Scrichta

Nov 26, 2017
hmmm, 64mb, on 2 of the 4 links that I checked, I imagine that's the patch, but where do I download the game in that case? (or am I really blind / retarded???)

3.40 star(s) 67 Votes