Darkdevil66

Apr 16, 2020
Perhaps the game did not pay off his expenses. He bought a lot of assets. In addition, prices for electricity, gas and utilities have risen in Europe, and therefore it was more profitable to just find a job rather than do a novel.
He had more pledges on patreon than MrJet and OceanLab combined. I doubt a random job would be more profitable.

StingerWolf

Sep 5, 2017
Just before getting that scene finally with Vicky...This will be painful. Guessing Ocean Lab is the next on the "list". That is life, meh.

• Sad
Reactions: HanBoston

abcde

Apr 30, 2017
Those things don't just creep up on you in 2 weeks, the electricity prices and stuff didn't change much in a month. He's probably dead, RIP :cry:

Discord profile pic also gone.
I checked earlier he still had his discord pic on his profile damn this sucks i really liked this game dev most likely deleting everything and abandoning the game.

Reactions: qaywsx and mitymity

abcde

Apr 30, 2017
Pretty fucked up if the dev really abandoning the game i get that he could be having personal problems but he could just have paused his patreon and wrote a post explaining what's happening to just delete his patreon and now today delete his discord pic kind of just makes me think he's abandoning the game definitly this is such a big fuck you to fans and people who supported the game.

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
This is the shittiest thing you could possibly do. The game has thousands of fans and hundreds of patrons who at least need an explanation so they can "mourn" their loss and get some closure. Just vanishing without a trace... man that's so fucked up. This game had around 800 patrons, the next update was allegedly finished after 5 months (I emphasize the adverb "allegedly".) It is the weirdest case I've seen among all the adult games that I've followed.

One thing I'm convinced of: he's physically OK; it's not that he passed and someone else shut his accounts for him. I've read he had his Discord account active until a while after his Patreon was already cancelled.

abcde

Apr 30, 2017
This is the shittiest thing you could possibly do. The game has thousands of fans and hundreds of patrons who at least need an explanation so they can "mourn" their loss and get some closure. Just vanishing without a trace... man that's so fucked up. This game had around 800 patrons, the next update was allegedly finished after 5 months (I emphasize the adverb "allegedly".) It is the weirdest case I've seen among all the adult games that I've followed.

One thing I'm convinced of: he's fisically OK; it's not that he passed and someone else shut his accounts for him. I've read he had his Discord account active until a while after his Patreon was already cancelled.
Yeah it's a pretty shitty thing he did just abandoning without a word and yeah he's clearly ok when just like 4 hours ago he had his discord profile pic still up and now he deleted it so clearly he's just deleting everything and leaving.

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
Curious and suspicious none the less... Give it a month or so before seeing how things truly play out.

Sad that I did like the game somewhat (characters and how well they looked/written)/HATED the story and constant typos)

-Shakes in typo hell ptsd-

Sep 3, 2020

One thing I'm convinced of: he's physically OK; it's not that he passed and someone else shut his accounts for him. I've read he had his Discord account active until a while after his Patreon was already cancelled.
exactly this game meant so much to me I mean

there was moments between Jenny and MC that was so beautiful

it's actually made me cry and to have it end like this with no closure

skater555

Feb 22, 2021

With you there Vidal, especially with Jenny on their first date, looking out into the sea, the moon shining and the beautiful music, that scene made me shed some tears, hope he comes back to finish CH6! :cry:

CrazyRabbit

Engaged Member
Oct 30, 2019

Yeah.... She had so much on her mind, so much help she wanted to give without getting anything in return...
I was to give her a little of this kindness with MC...

Reactions: cate.archer

SidoRu

Aug 31, 2022
He either got hacked or this smells of mental breakdown. The last 1-2 posts someone linked here really sound like someone with mental health issues.

Possibility is that the Update wasnt even close to where he claimed, he had issues for months and ultimately couldnt keep up developement anymore. Not everyone can live with their conscience when it comes to "milking" people. He already delayed Part1 of the Chapter months ago and also the last Chapter was more than 5 months ago, pretty sure it has been 6-7 since the Beta Ch5 release.

Whatever it is, unless he got hacked its insane stupidty what he has doing, since he would basically destroy all his reputation over night, while he could have just finished Chapter 6, called it the end of the game and then take a break, knowing he can come back to another game with a very good rep. We will see if there is a follow up to this or not, losing 4.5k Dollars (and it would have gone to 5k - 6kafter the Chapter easily) per month is a fairly big issue for most people and finding a job as secure as that is fairly difficult.

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2021
Calm down folks, all is not lost, this could just be a phase, maybe something really bad happened in his life and in the heat of emotion, he took these attitudes, so you can have an idea of what I'm talking about, once I was accompanying a developer of a visual novel that I liked a lot, and out of nowhere he deactivated his patreon page, after a short time, I think a few days, I went to see it again to see if he had come back and yes, the page he had come back, he had reactivated, then he released another update, but then he abandoned the game, from what I could see from his posts, and what he broadcast on his patreon page, he probably had depression, his first game he finished and it was a game that dealt with this theme, then in the second he abandoned it, I was sad for the game and for him, because I could see that he was not doing well, but after a while I got to know other games and it ended up that today I have much more knowledge about this industry VNs and I know that unfortunately it is common for these things to happen, that being said, we will only make sure that it has been abandoned, when it is flagged on the page or when it spends a longer time without news, it is still too recent to draw any conclusions

4.10 star(s) 231 Votes