fkrfxr

Nov 9, 2019
Thank you for the wonderful christmas present. AOA has become one of my favs. Please keep it up as it is a wonderful story.

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
Christmas event feel kinda somber given things, as if there was a falling out. Then again it's not canon to the story so... Don't know why people are whining about it. It was a nice little treat.

Larry2000

Dev/Head Writer of Unexpected Opportunity
Game Developer
May 9, 2017
Quick question. Well, My initial question was "what is the extent of the rape in the story?" because that is something that bothers me in stories, but MAN, as I read more and more posts I'm just thinking I walked into a depressed-no-hope-yet-still-brimming-with-sex kind of game. There are dark things in the past of characters, I get that, but I play to escape some of these (Rape/Rape Victims/NTR etc) how bad is the emotional baggage in store? Can I refuse to engage with said women with troubled pasts? I don't like the reminder. On the surface the game looks really good and the story from an objective non biased perspective looks just as good, I'm just worried about my nerves :/

Reactions: Kond

MaviusJones

Mar 23, 2019
Quick question. Well, My initial question was "what is the extent of the rape in the story?" because that is something that bothers me in stories, but MAN, as I read more and more posts I'm just thinking I walked into a depressed-no-hope-yet-still-brimming-with-sex kind of game. There are dark things in the past of characters, I get that, but I play to escape some of these (Rape/Rape Victims/NTR etc) how bad is the emotional baggage in store? Can I refuse to engage with said women with troubled pasts? I don't like the reminder. On the surface the game looks really good and the story from an objective non biased perspective looks just as good, I'm just worried about my nerves :/
Honestly I didn't notice any 'darkness' besides Valerie having some trauma in her past. But the way it plays out is interesting, hooks you in looking for answers rather than throwing it in your face.

The opening has your father dying but after that it opens up into an interesting and, in my opinion, bright world.

I don't recall any rape at all. Possible I didn't get that scene due to my choices though. It's possible that tag is only there because the MC is 'forced' to be a pseudo slave with the cleaning arraignment but I doubt it.

Give it a shot, I doubt you'll regret it!

Larry2000

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
Honestly I didn't notice any 'darkness' besides Valerie having some trauma in her past. But the way it plays out is interesting, hooks you in looking for answers rather than throwing it in your face.

The opening has your father dying but after that it opens up into an interesting and, in my opinion, bright world.

I don't recall any rape at all. Possible I didn't get that scene due to my choices though. It's possible that tag is only there because the MC is 'forced' to be a pseudo slave with the cleaning arraignment but I doubt it.

Give it a shot, I doubt you'll regret it!
I don't know if there is "rape" in the game, but I was talking about the characters backstories and the like. I try to stay away from characters with traumatizing pasts because it makes me uncomfortable. But yeah, the Valerie stuff would count in that.
What I don't want is a long character speech and days focused on the MC hearing about it and wrapping his head around it in a sombre way with plenty of tears and sharing of vulnerabilities. That gets to me. I heard about child prostitutes and uncle sexual abusers.
But you make it seem like it doesn't focus on that very much. Can you confirm? Cause if that's the case, I'm willing to try it out :)

HeroicLegend

Jan 13, 2019
I don't know if there is "rape" in the game, but I was talking about the characters backstories and the like. I try to stay away from characters with traumatizing pasts because it makes me uncomfortable. But yeah, the Valerie stuff would count in that.
What I don't want is a long character speech and days focused on the MC hearing about it and wrapping his head around it in a sombre way with plenty of tears and sharing of vulnerabilities. That gets to me. I heard about child prostitutes and uncle sexual abusers.
But you make it seem like it doesn't focus on that very much. Can you confirm? Cause if that's the case, I'm willing to try it out :)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Larry2000

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
One of the reasons why I ask these kinds of questions is 1: People (like you) are super helpful and respond kindly; 2: It helps prepare me for the content and compartmentalize such issues.

Thank you so much! That helps a lot. Even just saying that Jade owns it and takes it as the past makes me feel better about such content. As for Valery, it's a bit harder, but I feel like I could handle it now that I know. I don't hate on characters in either real life or fiction because of such events, but it truly scars me so I avoid it. I normally look at rape to be a bad plot point/device for a character, but if there was a place where it didn't feel arbitrary it's in a home full of wayward girls.
Like I said, I really appreciate it you taking the time to answer my question, it has reassured me more than even the other person :D

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

4.10 star(s) 231 Votes