VN Ren'Py Completed A Petal Among Thorns [v6.0.2-RE] [Lockheart]

4.50 star(s) 114 Votes

Dietzz

Nov 17, 2018
I agree.

Any dirty talk from the girl like, "Oh incest used to be so taboo, but now it's been normalized by society so we can have intercourse despite the genetic risks to our baby," will melt my boner faster than butter in a microwave.
Definitely same here. I've been wondering if other people thought that too. That's kinda where DMD went south for me, and that's the game that got me into adult games. I don't want them to have a secret devoted incestuous relationship. This might sound like it's no less weird to some people, but in my view, it's perfect if the MC and a family member just have a very, very strangely close relationship, and they both acknowledge that it's super weird, but just sort of... don't overthink it. I don't want the MC to, like, be his sister's loving boyfriend or raise a child with her, that's gross, but if they're basically like on-and-off FWB with few personal boundaries who happen to be related and live together? It's just hot to me.

Reactions: com21 and Grelk

TheRealOne-

Oct 19, 2018
It's a really nice first release, liking the visuals and loving the connection between them & can't wait to see where this goes. looking forward to more!

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
I agree.

Any dirty talk from the girl like, "Oh incest used to be so taboo, but now it's been normalized by society so we can have intercourse despite the genetic risks to our baby," will melt my boner faster than butter in a microwave.
It really bothered me in Double Homework when the ending went down this road too. While that game had it's share of strengths and weaknesses, the pregnancy ending really soured me on the whole game. So I hope this game avoids such a storyline.

Deleted member 997153

I am a meat popsicle
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 7, 2018
It really bothered me in Double Homework when the ending went down this road too. While that game had it's share of strengths and weaknesses, the pregnancy ending really soured me on the whole game. So I hope this game avoids such a storyline.
I haven't played that game, so I'm not familiar with the ending. Personally, I love incest pregnancies in these games because it's fantasy so real-world consequences can be ignored. It doesn't matter how few branches the family tree may have, Mother Nature still provides it with endless genetic diversity!

Jstforme

Dec 20, 2019
it's fantasy so real-world consequences can be ignored.
That's something that so many people seam to struggle with for some reason...separating fantasy from reality. This game reminds me a lot of another title that has 3 young adults that aren't related by blood, and they all want him, but he fights them tooth and nail.
This story seems to take up the MC's torch from that, and yet another game where the MC fights away the younger hot girl who has clearly thought things through before making her move.

Reactions: Grelk and botc76

Troz3

Jan 25, 2020
One of the enjoyable aspects of following an in-development game in F95 is watching the dev's skills improve. That was certainly the case with Avalon. Lockheart's rendering and narrative skills now mean that I will check out any of his (her?) games with great interest.

Another - which also happened with Avalon - is seeing how an originally peripheral character like Penny turns out to take on a central role, even if that might not have been the dev's intention.

And FWIW, I like Penny, and her game. While it's not perfect (I find the whole Egypt backstory to be so implausible as to break immersion) I still want to know what happens next. And isn't that the main thing?

Hellster

Engaged Member
May 18, 2019
That's something that so many people seam to struggle with for some reason...separating fantasy from reality. This game reminds me a lot of another title that has 3 young adults that aren't related by blood, and they all want him, but he fights them tooth and nail.
Think you're referring to Single Again ?

Connie W

Jan 25, 2018
The titles of these games are getting so creative. I like to imagine in the game that everyone's personality is thorny in this game except for one person.

Rare77

Mar 19, 2021
you know that PFYT is only multi protagonist in the first introductory chapters right Because next chapters from now on you will either play as Male MC or penny , you wont play as both anymore you will play as the one you choose, Lockhart basically said that last chapter dude
Do you know the purpose of the pilot episodes of a TV series? If the introductory phase of a work presents certain elements or mechanics, it is those that determine whether a user will be captured or not. E.g. (extreme to emphasize the point of view) If you aim at an anti-ntr audience, you don't put an ntr scene in your game's intro. It's a really very simple concept: I try a new game -> the game doesn't meet MY tastes -> I discard that game and try something else.
The fact that later I can choose which MC to play with, only means that I will be able to enjoy half of the game. No thanks, I prefer to devote my attention to something that I may like in its entirety, not something diluted to attract more audience.

Pcdump

Game player
Donor
Mar 21, 2019
Lovely game, renders and the girl looks also nice. (y)
Can't wait for the update to play with Petal. :p
Keep the titties small.

Reactions: Piso Mojado

Vertius

Dec 22, 2019
I really enjoyed the first release and can't wait for new content. I just hope the author is serious in their claim of wanting to accommodate many kinks and fetishes (foot fetish please lol), a lot of games make that claim but leave us with vanilla sex and some dirty talking, I have faith though.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
It's taboo because the child produced by incest has genetic flaws...reduced IQ to the point of mental retardation, teeth size and extra teeth growing in weird locations, webbed toes and fingers, and really bad mental issues to the point of be a psychopath, and etc.
Sometimes the flaws skip a generation but they show up .

I like playing games like these but please do not try to normalize incest.

Lol. The thing is, that whole genetic flaws thing is actually a way of tabooing incest, you would need several generations of incest, all within close family members to actually produce such genetic flaws, which is probably something that happened in some Egyptian dynasties where the practice of the Pharaoh marrying his own sisters wasn't a rare occurrence.

Incest isn't normal, and the taboo is justified, just not because of genetic reasons (see first paragraph), but simply because if we are wired correctly, we feel familial love or storge or perhaps philia, not eros or romantical/passionate love for family members.
That's what makes it sick or rather unnatural fe. for a dad to lust after his daughters.
Incest often happens when for some reasons family members don't grow up/live together, and so the natural emotional attraction towards family gets misinterpreted into romantic or passionate feelings.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to normalize incest, most incestual acts, are really nothing but sexual abuse and often of minors, no way I would condone that ever, but tbh. I do think there might be better ways than criminalizing half-siblings who only met as adults and fell in love with each other, or that in the US step relationships seem to be treated the same as blood relations, at least when it comes to rules on patreon or societies reaction, or even that while many countries allow marriage between cousins, in others they get treated like freaks or sickos.

But enough of that, when it comes to this type of games, it's most important to always keep in mind they are games.
They are fantasies, a fantasy you have, a kink you like in stories or films etc. it doesn't mean you promote it in real life or would want it in real life, so don't get all righteous about stuff like this.
The sentence you quote sets up the possible taboo relationship, because that is exactly the kink many of us are looking for (in games), it's not an attempt to normalize incest at all.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Anyway, I'm really impressed with this first chapter.
I admit I sort of lost interest in Avalon a bit, when Penny took so much screen time away from the actual protagonists, but do plan to finish it sometimes, but before I digress further, this is about Petal, not Avalon.

The dialogue, the writing and the renders are improved, the MC seems less disturbed and Petal is just completely adorable, a bona fide Lolita, if I might say so. As in a criminal temptation for a straight guy like her (relationship undefined).

I normally prefer it in games, when the elder partner is the one taking the initiative (even if he is reluctant to actually act out on his impulses), but the other way around isn't bad either, especially when it is done as well as it is in this game for now.

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
It is not just the supposed genetics. It is being ingrained into society that it is wrong and that starts with religion saying its wrong but then again the bible story contradicts itself right at the start with Adam and Eve being the base for human kind. If it started with only two then without incest there would be only two. If they had a daughter it would have to have been Adam and same for if they had a boy it would have to have been Adam or the son to knock Eve up again. To take it one step further if they had a boy and a girl then it would have been brother and sister or or... so the bible itself as I said contradicts itself and now People today are told it is wrong and our minds after generations stick to that like brainwashed sheep.

Deleted member 997153

I am a meat popsicle
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 7, 2018
It is not just the supposed genetics. It is being ingrained into society that it is wrong and that starts with religion saying its wrong but then again the bible story contradicts itself right at the start with Adam and Eve being the base for human kind. If it started with only two then without incest there would be only two. If they had a daughter it would have to have been Adam and same for if they had a boy it would have to have been Adam or the son to knock Eve up again. To take it one step further if they had a boy and a girl then it would have been brother and sister or or... so the bible itself as I said contradicts itself and now People today are told it is wrong and our minds after generations stick to that like brainwashed sheep.
Bible made some pretty clear pronouncements about banging your neighbor's wife too. But somehow, only the brainwashing about incest worked? :unsure:

4.50 star(s) 114 Votes