VN Ren'Py Completed A Petal Among Thorns [v6.0.2-RE] [Lockheart]

4.50 star(s) 114 Votes

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
Bible made some pretty clear pronouncements about banging your neighbor's wife too. But somehow, only the brainwashing about incest worked? :unsure:
Well considering we had been talking about incest here atm and not loving thy neighbor I do believe bringing that into the conversation is a little pointless do you not think so? There are many things in that little book of stories we should not be doing and if it was written today I am quite sure being in this forum would be there too.

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
Loved the game. Not as much as Avalon but much more than PFYT

Hope the Dev pushes updates for this one

Oct 22, 2017
What also shouldn't go unnoticed, while in incest discussions the most used argument is the genetic one - which, like said by multiple posters, is mostly a problem if it goes on for generations or randomly happens between people that just happen to contribute some already messed up/ill/'contaminated' gene pools, the much more important direction is the overall gene pool limitation it can lead to.

Going with the 'the bible already contains incest' argument, the people involved there should have had almost perfect gene pools at that time(s), and so them having incestuous relationships seems preferable to the extinction of mankind until there is enough diversity in the gene pool to end those circumstances.
It's like people married off their daughters two villages/valleys further and kept track of relationships to keep the genes spread out and healthy (or offered their daughters/wives to strangers to get the foreign genes into their pool) but before your village dies out, marrying off your daughter to your neighbor might be an acceptable idea.

Then there is the point of abuse that botc76 mentioned that I feel while not discussed that often is actually the much more relevant one in our day-to-day life.
In most cases, it happens between family members with a power imbalance between them/dependency of one of them to the other - which can lead to abuse of that power.
So this is not as much about keeping mankind healthy as it is about keeping our children safe and unharmed. And that point is not related to blood, but the family environment.

Besides catering to the American mainstream, that to me seems comparably prude, at all like in 'it's bad to have your company associated with something (possibly illegally) lewd', that would most likely be the reason for states or institutions like Patreon (because of PayPal (because of the credit card companies (because of their board members (because of their (companies) standing)))) to also include step relations, adoptions, guardianships and whatever you can think of if it means you live together, as incest. Just makes it easier to cover all this under one umbrella.

Deleted member 997153

I am a meat popsicle
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 7, 2018
Well considering we had been talking about incest here atm and not loving thy neighbor I do believe bringing that into the conversation is a little pointless do you not think so? There are many things in that little book of stories we should not be doing and if it was written today I am quite sure being in this forum would be there too.
You're the one who claimed the taboo about incest was the result of brainwashing society with stories from the Bible. I'm simply pointing out that the Bible forbids other things too and we don't have taboos against those things. So maybe it's not brainwashing or the Bible, but something else that has caused the societal taboo?

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Really good first release. Just one question the whole story of the game is supposed to happen just during the vaccation or there are plans for it to continue after that?

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
Really good first release. Just one question the whole story of the game is supposed to happen just during the vaccation or there are plans for it to continue after that?
At the end the Imp NPC talks to you about it. And tells you that there are plans to continue beyond the vacation and even involve Petal's sisters

Hellster

Engaged Member
May 18, 2019
At the end the Imp NPC talks to you about it. And tells you that there are plans to continue beyond the vacation and even involve Petal's sisters
Most people just quit when it comes to end credits type things and don't read them :)

a1n1d1

Aug 1, 2019
I cannot start the game ...
When i try, image looks like this:
a1 1.jpg

and then it stops...

Does anybody have idea what is the problem?
Thanks in advance.

• Wow
Reactions: Grelk

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
I cannot start the game ...
When i try, image looks like this:
View attachment 1288016

and then it stops...

Does anybody have idea what is the problem?
Thanks in advance.
You may be missing one or more Visual C++ Redistributable runtimes. Download the ZIP file from , extract the files to a temporary folder (which you can delete after install) and run the included "install_all.bat" file. Then restart your game.

Reactions: a1n1d1

a1n1d1

Aug 1, 2019
You may be missing Visual C++ Redistributable runtime. Download the ZIP file from , extract the files to a temporary folder (which you can delete after install) and run the included "install_all.bat" file. Then restart your game.
Will try
Thank you.

Reactions: Sycho

a1n1d1

Aug 1, 2019
Seems like a Font issue, press A and change Font, and see it that helps, otherwise you are missing some system fonts in a redistributable
No, it didn't worked neither that way... :cry:
Can you,please, explain me how to fix it - if i miss those fonts?
Is it possible that i caught some kind of virus?

4.50 star(s) 114 Votes