4.00 star(s) 4 Votes

darthilya

May 22, 2018
I don't understand why that ever has to be a requirement. You chose to play an ntr game, so want her to be corrupted, do you not? So the only thing that matters is her emotional connection and her inner struggle for loyalty. Why does she have to be Stephan Hawking for you?
I think the main problem is that in the first game she was very intelligent, even if she was fucked, but in her own game she is somewhat stupid. And it causes some dissonance between her character in the first game and the second one. I think the main reason she got her own spin off that she was likeable and seen her int stat get nerfed in half is somewhat stupid.
But yes it is netorare so of course why should I care about character's character, if she is banged by villain, emotional connection is more important...

abirvg

Sep 13, 2021
This patch further nerfs Aya's Int stat.
I don't think intelligence is The Problem in this one. :sneaky:

I don't understand why that ever has to be a requirement. You chose to play an ntr game, so want her to be corrupted, do you not? So the only thing that matters is her emotional connection and her inner struggle for loyalty. Why does she have to be Stephan Hawking for you?
Um, no..?
It's like saying: "You chose to watch an action film, so you want MC to get killed, do you not?"
If I want a good gunfight, doesn't mean I want good guys to get shot. ...And then watch for half a movie how bad guys gloat over their graves.

That's just... no.
That's not why I watch action movies.

NTR Apologist

Oct 25, 2021
I will never understand the counterargument of "It's an NTR game! Of course they need to be a little dumb for them to be NTR'd" whenever someone questions a character's intelligence. Especially if that character has a history of being smarter than others in their respective world.

Like, give us a more in-depth reason as to why they're cheating. I dislike it when devs/writers rely on the crutch of a character's supposed low IQ. Because then it just leads to shallow characterization. Intelligence is not a moral compass; someone smart can still do morally bad things (in this case, cheating on their SO), conversely, someone stupid can do a morally good thing. Intelligence can be a factor in a character's decision-making, but it's never a sufficient excuse for their actions.

I haven't played APBLU: Aya Edition yet, so I can't agree or disagree if Aya's intelligence has gone down. But knowing HSelf's writing is better than almost 90% of current NTR game devs/writers, I'm willing to bet some of y'all aren't reading what's being told about why Aya is doing what she's doing. And if it's not written, give it some time, we're only at version 0.6 of the game. There's still more to be said/shown.

This is why a lot of NTR games have been pretty bad lately in terms of story and character writing because a lot of people are satisfied with these mid-ass creations. Some of y'all are ok with mediocre, superficial writing in NTR games, which is fine, I'll never yuck someone's yum, you're entitled to like what you like. But don't dismiss someone's critique of a game.

4.00 star(s) 4 Votes