4.00 star(s) 4 Votes

Gnoomoos

Aug 31, 2017
Compressed was fine (y)
Yeah, compressed was fine, and next time i ll try download compressed versions instead of normal ones, so thank you for making them, looks like they are more safe and also save space. It just that i also run "infected" exe a few times but nothing happened and game didn't launched, so i hope malicious script didn't either. I was just wondering in case it did, it should had left some traces for AVs to find but they didnt find any, so i guess im safe?

Edit. I dont wanna spam this thread with new posts, i think i already posted too much recently, but here is discussion thread of those virus incidents for those who are interested https://f95zone.to/threads/recent-malware-infected-games.207437/

Last edited:

mommysboiii

Engaged Member
Oct 17, 2019
Yeah, compressed was fine, and next time i ll try download compressed versions instead of normal ones, so thank you for making them, looks like they are more safe and also save space. It just that i also run "infected" exe a few times but nothing happened and game didn't launched, so i hope malicious script didn't either. I was just wondering in case it did, it should had left some traces for AVs to find but they didnt find any, so i guess im safe?
I think i will start use sandboxie from know on

Edelvays

Jan 3, 2018
As an amateur to the the genre, I'd still like to say a couple of things; I think if you want to enjoy it:
  1. Don't focus on NTR, focus on corruption.
  2. Completely forget about the first story and treat this one as an alternate universe, including all the previous stuff that happened even before Laura.
Personally, I'm not a big fan of the whole 'Yakuza' shtick, but I guess the delivery is kinda decent? Another things is that Harry just feels kind of... out of place here? I just started skipping halfway through.
The art, animation, and the poses are as always top-notch. Good job on that front.

P.s. Oh yes, and Aya is actually fucking ret****d here

Reactions: BBCinyourass

dean_athallah

Dec 18, 2019
Well this sucks. I tried to run the game on 30 of july and it just didnt started, like nothing happened, no virus warning or anything. So i downloaded a compressed version and it worked fine. So the question is how to tell if my system is\was infected? I use paid Kaspersky, did a full scan - it found nothing, downloaded a malwarebytes free trial - did full scan - again it just fond some old stuff related to old bittorrent client, nothing new. RenPy token folder is just with 2 regular txt files. So should i try and scan system with something else? Did I dodged a bullet or my personal data and passwords already for sale on some darkweb site?
evading anti virus is pretty easy imo, a simple xor and fileless payload is enough (e.g. use one of memfd_create), maldevacademy has bunch of babushka techniques that you can improve on. You can't detect it reliably using AV, which is sus how the moderator found it in the first place, any info? I suggest always replacing renpy sdk using the one (version.txt) and start using the py one, always check and recheck, there is no guarantee what will happen after infection.

sandboxie / win sandbox for extra protection.

Last edited:
Reactions: l_syaw

Gnoomoos

Aug 31, 2017
So uh, their Patreon page is under review?
Yep. Wont be surprised if patreon decides to suspend him, same thing happened with bunch of creators i follow in recent years, every couple of months someone gets suspended. Patreon has become horrible for creators that do anything non pure vanilla and even they sometimes get hit. Thankfully HC already has account so people can support him there + buy his games on Steam if Patreon issue wont be resolved in his favor.

Last edited:
  • Hey there
Reactions: abirvg

Kabokle

Oct 8, 2017
Hey, quick question - in the original game, is there an ending considered canon? And do the events of Aya Edition come before, during or after everything that happens in the main game?

metalgears2

Nov 16, 2019
Hey, quick question - in the original game, is there an ending considered canon? And do the events of Aya Edition come before, during or after everything that happens in the main game?
I do not think anything is canon, Aya Edition is another route, not a sequel or prequel.

Faloth

Oct 6, 2022
Yep. Wont be surprised if patreon decides to suspend him, same thing happened with bunch of creators i follow in recent years, every couple of months someone gets suspended. Patreon has become horrible for creators that do anything non pure vanilla and even they sometimes get hit. Thankfully HC already has account so people can support him there + buy his games on Steam if Patreon issue wont be resolved in his favor.
He's definitely fine with a steam page.

l_syaw

Apr 1, 2022
evading anti virus is pretty easy imo, a simple xor and fileless payload is enough (e.g. use one of memfd_create), maldevacademy has bunch of babushka techniques that you can improve on. You can't detect it reliably using AV, which is sus how the moderator found it in the first place, any info? I suggest always replacing renpy sdk using the one (version.txt) and start using the py one, always check and recheck, there is no guarantee what will happen after infection.

sandboxie / win sandbox for extra protection.
CommonSense 2025 also recommends waiting a bit before downloading and running warez. Let the impulsive ones scope it out for you.

Reactions: Gerrardbro3

Faloth

Oct 6, 2022
looks like he just jumped to a new project instead. NTR isn't my thing. Aya looks nice but is it really too much to fucking ask for a wholesome waifu route? Apparently so around this part of the internet.
From a development viewpoint you'd have to ask yourself if it's worth it to put the time and money into a route that the game isn't focused on, that a lot of the people that play the game aren't going to be playing it for.

Personally, I like Aya's character a lot as well and would love to see a good ending with her. I also understand the developer not wanting to put in the extra time in making that route when that could go into making a new game.

Cool'Thulhu

Sep 24, 2017
I think i will start use sandboxie from know on

If you are going to use the FREE version (Yellow box) REMEMBER to block internet access (and check the options to block as much as you can in the free version too), as it doesn't offer data protection, so even tho the game can't write/install things in your disk, your data can still be read, but if you block internet access, even if they do read/get your data, they won't be able to send it back to them.

Reactions: mommysboiii

Desenra

Jun 23, 2020
Before I start this, iirc (slight overview of original story)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
so just wanted to ask if anyone gots the time to give me a tl;dr of the beginning of this game. also don't follow the creator nor these threads at all, any good endings planned for this one? Thanks.

abirvg

Sep 13, 2021
Before I start this, iirc (slight overview of original story)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
so just wanted to ask if anyone gots the time to give me a tl;dr of the beginning of this game. also don't follow the creator nor these threads at all, any good endings planned for this one? Thanks.
It's basically more of the same.
Only instead of Laura now Aya.

Story has exactly the same strengths - and exactly the same weaknesses - as its predecessor.
So the ending would be the same too.
I don't believe there would be any curveballs there.

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 4 Votes