Zach_Crimson

Jul 22, 2019
ADVICE to whoever having problems for this game:

Please change your system locale to Japanese. Then download the file again and extract it.

OR

Try Rubix's or Chipanator's solution. If you don't have Winrar or 7zip, install either one of them or figure out other ways. Not my problem.

P.S: You must change your system locale first to Japanese before extracting the game. If not it won't work unless you use Rubix's or Chipanator's solution. Basically, whoever who extracts the game first in non Japanese locale and then change your locale to Japanese in order to play the game will have problems. I have attached an image below for Japanese system locale setting.

TLDR: If you still don't know how to make it work properly, PM me and I will sent you invites to my exclusive Japanese system locale club.

View attachment 312438
What if we have local emulator?

Jul 26, 2019
I have an issue where even though I have extracted the files in japanese, then copied over the path there are sound files that don't work. Maybe it's because some are english but others are in japanese so it cannot tell? All the files should be there but they are named incorrectly maybe that's the problem...? The error specifically states CE/cursor2 missing. I currently am running with the Japanese emulator and haven't changed my localization to japanese for me computer

D

Deleted member 112830

well, that's the only "loli" allowed here
but you always can search recommendations section ;)
meh i have a tb full of loli games i was just making a point that the tag should not be loli

Uzume

Sep 20, 2017
When i extracted with 7zip i had the same error, so i tried the winrar method and it worked.
you must run 7zip (7zFM.exe) under locale emulator, not the game
The filenames can be recovered with , however, the the GUI does not offer options to extract with alternative filename encodings so one must use the 7z command-line tool that comes with 7-Zip, e.g.: "C:\Program Files\7-Zip\7z.exe" x -mcp=932 A_Record_of_Delias_War.zip

If you are dead set on using a GUI application to achieve the unarchiving goals, some tools that can accomplish such are: (freeware but warning: sometimes packaged with PUA:Win32/Presenoker), (freeware with standalone "portable" versions that do not need to be installed to be used, including x64 but I notice it doesn't always preserve dates properly) and (popular trialware nagware shareware).

It is improper for the Japanese developers to release zip archives with cp932/Shift_JIS encoded filenames (technically zip archives do not support such), but it really unforgivable when English translators go and do the same thing.

I highly recommend against playing with your locale settings, including using an emulator, since this is an issue with the zip archive and not the game files themselves (RGSS RPG Makers use Unicode APIs).

Reactions: asdf1234

Uzume

Sep 20, 2017
What is ,,serif" for? I know I can set it to something but it's not translated so I dunno what it is for :/
Could someone explain what "serif " means in the option menu.
Half of the text isnt translated so i dont really understand its purpose .
"Serif" is a really poor translation of "セリフ" (used in the original Japanese game). It is usually written as " ", is thought to be a contraction of "競り言ふ" and means:
  1. a performer’s lines
  2. one’s words, one’s line
  3. a cliché
  4. a discussion
  5. making a payment
In terms of the game, consider it a short quote or "catch phrase" that can be set from the "Set Serif" menu entry and is displayed on "Info Screen 1/3". As far as I can tell, "Serif" catch phrases are purely cosmetic (much like many of the cosplay outfits; a few have interesting armor qualities). "Serif" catch phrases can be collected from green chests (usually two at a time at or near enemy armies). Later in the game some are classified as "H" phrases meaning they are lewd. From "Set Serif" one can select from the collected catch phrases and in the selection menus they are displayed in a horizontal left-to-right, top-to-bottom layout (as English normally is), however, the selected phrase is displayed in the round pink talk bubble in the upper left portion of the "Info Screen 1/3" display (the same one that shows Delia's full body image) in a vertical top-to-bottom, right-to-left layout (as is common in ancient Japanese and Chinese).

Seeing as they are untranslated and cosmetic, English consumers can safely ignore them.

Kitarieluv

Sep 22, 2017
Tried first with a locale emulator, didn't work. Tried again with system locale fully changed, and making sure to extract japanese locale, and it still has errors on startup. I have given up.

Uzume

Sep 20, 2017
Tried first with a locale emulator, didn't work. Tried again with system locale fully changed, and making sure to extract japanese locale, and it still has errors on startup. I have given up.
You should try with command-line 7-Zip: "C:\Program Files\7-Zip\7z.exe" x -mcp=932 A_Record_of_Delias_War.zip

See more details in my earlier post-3255425.

Of course someone really ought to rectify this as it is a violation of the zip archive format which technically only allows filename encodings in cp437 or (later) utf-8 and not cp932 or others.

I see there have been a few attempts but the OP was never updated: post-1960595, post-1964938 and post-1966878.

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 3 Votes