Jan 21, 2018
So, I played some more and can say that popup is actually not much of an issue after some time.

But not knowing what unit on which group is a real pain, I have to initiate combat and then rollback to check it.

HUGE problem which was there from the day one that you cannot see which skill has which point threshold. 5-point Block is extremely OP since with rollback you can infinitely reroll dices and effectively cast it each turn. 20+ point skill are rather useless, weaker enemies die before you have chance to initiate it.

Team composition screen desperately needs popups with unit names, armor names (takes time to learn that grey=heavy), skill descriptions and ESPECIALLY traits. The latter seems not to be working, at least my poly-something units don't get that -1 to their point threshold.

If they would work, Steadfast swordsman should would give almost permanent -50% dmg and would be insanely OP.
Yeah there are some bugs, but most should be visual. Combat system is my next priority. I haven't really balanced the combat at all. Still have no idea which classes are actually good. An idea would be to have a text file that tracks which classes win fights and let people send that file to me, but I would need at least a few hundred playthroughs for that to get meaningful statistical data.

I am perfectly OK with a tiny bit of OP. I.e. people are finding some sick combinations of very rare modifiers. But yeah. I will look at balance. The overall idea is anyway that mercenaries level up and can be specialized.

Reactions: Shoopster

quiboune

Sep 2, 2018
Looks really promising, I'll give it a shot for sure as soon as a compressed download is released.

Asenaris

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 31, 2018
A Robins Flight [Chapter 1 old/New/2 (9.01.21/10.01.23)] Compressed (Half-Tested)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

caxapok1253

Nov 14, 2021
Still have no idea which classes are actually good. An idea would be to have a text file that tracks which classes win fights and let people send that file to me, but I would need at least a few hundred playthroughs for that to get meaningful statistical data.
I can tell you in general about it. Firstly, current combat too easy so everyone can defeat almost any enemy.
But I still try to assemble good teams and since team creation is so horrible that's what I do:

1) I select target armor, against which the team is built.

2) Block. OP skill and way better than any other def skill. So, I select class that has block and strength against given armor type. All three blocking classes have heavy armor, but that doesn't matter since block is too good. Even if enemy has 1.6 against heavy, it effectively is reduced to 0.8

3) Get other classes that are good against that armor type. Better with 1.6 modifier, but 1.3 is ok too.

4) Select those with better skills:
  • 20-point skills are mostly useless, 5-point skills (AFAIR only Block) are OP
  • Combo is good and 2 10-point + 1 5-point block allow triggering it reliably, especially with cheating. I try getting that if possible
  • Enemy max point increasing skills mostly useless since enemy skill are mostly weak. For that I hate Arbalester
  • Assassin`s +10 base dmg is spiral of death, that crushes enemies in prolonged fights
  • Execute is nice addition, especially if triggered while main damage is dodged. If enemy HP is really small it can go to thousands of DMG. Once I saw it overflow and deal negative damage, effectively healing enemy. Cheated the way out of that. Also popup output for it lacks correct number formatting.
  • Poison is weird, seems to increase to impossible values like 17 stacks. IDK if damage really applies.
  • Everything else is nothing special. Don't pay much attention to that. Also don't use mages since all their skill I saw was meh. maybe change my opinion when I see actual points thresholds. If there are some 5s I'll maybe give it a go.

Last edited:

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
Finally. Was waiting so long for this, thought it was dead, lost all hope.
Keep in mind that the dev is doing this just for fun (no attempt to monetize) and you'll hopefully be more patient with the idea that development is slow. Even at this pace, it is more than worth what you paid for it.

Golemca55

Oct 6, 2021
Thank you all for the interest.

To give it a bit of perspective:
The game was a small covid project of mine to learn a bit of renpy (python) and Daz3d. I thought that is now in a state that people can test it to get a first impression. As I wrote in the description: Expect Bugs!

The interface still needs looots of work (putting mercenaries into a team o_O:(:sick:) and the balance is probably all over the place. Long term I plan to introduce items and branching skills after your merc gets enough xp. And of course I need a map (in progress!) to give it more depth. The code handling the raids is absolute spaghetti code (to do!). There needs to be a tutorial because noone will talk to the characters to find out what is going on (soon!). I also need some nice buttons to quickly navigate between the most important actions (on it!) and of course some graphics to show what stuff actually does (available shortly!).
The battle system needs to be a bit more flashy, because you easily miss when the different bins are full or when your merc casted something or used a skill (working on it). At the moment it is more Dwarf Fortress and less HoMM. I will try to fix some of the bugs this weekend.

So if you want to test the first iteration of a hobby project, go ahead. If you want an enjoyable game, wait for later releases.
The introduction is misleading, I would like to know which "experts" would ever say that this is surprise sex. Inconvienant probably, but why don't you just come out and say it's RAPE. What plot there is, is loosely woven into scene afer scene of someone getting sexually assulted in one form or another. I think the tag police shoud be on you for mis tagging your game.

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
The introduction is misleading, I would like to know which "experts" would ever say that this is surprise sex. Inconvienant probably, but why don't you just come out and say it's RAPE. What plot there is, is loosely woven into scene afer scene of someone getting sexually assulted in one form or another. I think the tag police shoud be on you for mis tagging your game.
????

I think that you are posting in the wrong thread and quoting the wrong person. None of this makes sense when applied to this game or the dev comments you are quoting. When you do find the thread your post belongs in, you might want to check your spelling before hitting "post reply."

Reactions: caxapok1253

Daberino123

Jan 31, 2021
Wow, MC story is more than amazing, love it. Shame it will take many months till we get chapter 3. :cry:
Good job to the dev anyway!!!

Jan 21, 2018
The introduction is misleading, I would like to know which "experts" would ever say that this is surprise sex. Inconvienant probably, but why don't you just come out and say it's RAPE. What plot there is, is loosely woven into scene afer scene of someone getting sexually assulted in one form or another. I think the tag police shoud be on you for mis tagging your game
It clearly says rape in the tags. It clearly says rape under "genre".

Wow, MC story is more than amazing, love it. Shame it will take many months till we get chapter 3. :cry:
Good job to the dev anyway!!!
Yeah. :/
But there are lots of tiny and large things that need to be addressed. Anyway the next steps will be gameplay improvements while I plan the scenes for chapter 3.

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2018
Any idea how long is it gonna be? Around 2, 4, 6 months, more? Good luck with the update anyway!!!
It will take a while.

Let's say I want to make one scene. I usually have around 25 to 30 renders. I need 30 minutes to 1 hour to make a new location. My machine needs 10 to 15 minutes to render one picture, longer when multiple figures or other complex things are involved. I also need time to pose the figures. Figures interacting with something (especially with finger poses) take some time. And I have to make sure that the poses look natural and that the body language is conveying the correct message.

Sometimes I need time to redo a picture because something was wrong (there are times when I say: "Fuck it, it will be fine."). If you want to ruin your immersion when playing games with 3D renders...

And the other issue is that I need some time to figure out the scenes for the next chapter. I get some inspiration/ideas on what I would like to do and then I think on how to fit them into the main story. I found out that the best way to do something like that is to think about the game while doing something else that does not require mental attention. When your mind is relaxed and thinking about nothing. Daydreaming mode. When you are in "the zone". When you are working out in some way or when you are driving for a long distance. Or maybe even when you are doing your laundry.

Don't forget that you cannot easily switch between each task without losing efficiency. You can't render a scene and code during rendering. That is 1000% pain. You need to focus on the code or focus on the render.

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
Let us know if you need any help on how to imagine scenes or with things like dialogue and the like.

I'd love to be rich enough to hire you as a full-time developer, but it sounds like you work best as a part-time developer, letting scenes come to you as you muse wills. So, I will wait patiently for the next update... while maybe adding my own fan additions to the scenes you have already released.

The impending US college football season and the start of The House of the Dragon will help me pass the time while I wait.

3.40 star(s) 18 Votes