reknal

Oct 26, 2021
I generally like the game, CGI and Story and especially the GUI is really good. One negative point though, the unskippable slow wait for the next message on the phone in combination with the long conversations nearly made me lose my mind. Extremely annoying.

Sotak

Nov 9, 2017
Ne
It sounds like the game got in a bad state with the variables somehow. Have you tried an earlier save? My other suggestion if that doesn't work would be to right click or try the ESC key when the cursor is not on the texting screen.
Nevermind. I figured it out. Had to open a message from Natalie to progress. Didn't know the message even existed. Very hard to scroll through the lists on android...and no warning that I had another message to look for (without scrolling to see the little red dot by natalie's message). Maybe some minor UI things to consider for the next android update (or general update...don't know). Game is good overall so far...but slow progression (may be an android thing, but it seems others have similar issues) from one dialogue click to the next, and the progression in messaging feels even slower. And the phone UI is maybe just a smidge over large once messages or contact list is open (at least on android)...the "close" button is precariousl

DIRTY Filthy RAT

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 11, 2020
Great renders and some sexy babes in this game. Paloma is hot as hell but I’m a little scared of being alone with her, might need to bring some backup because I don’t want any toys going up my ass.
Anyway I wish you would get rid of the old male teacher ( don’t even bother to remember his name, not important just skip through his dialogue)
Maybe he can get hit by a bus and a hot busty milf substitute teacher can replace him. Lol

Reactions: Mr.SeedyAF

Boogg

Apr 21, 2022

View attachment 2006151

I am going to try to be objective here because I honestly would like to see the story progress. That being said, I don't pull my punches or sugar coat things. If I offend you, simply DM me and say so and I will apologize and possibly change or redact whatever I said. Having said that. Here we go.

I am sorry but doing this is just a band-aid for poor writing. The best thing you could do is shorten some of the conversations and be more to the point. Some of the characters simply drone on and on (Especially the Doc!!). Adding a skip feature will cause readers to miss potentially important information, so do a better job of writing and give your fans a story that doesn't bore them to tears. Why spend the time on a "skip" mod or speed text mod when going back, taking a real look at your script and making changes to improve its content and flow would make your fans infinitely happier.

Choices... You need about half as many as you are giving us. It is monotonous, annoying and simply complicates the story by forcing your fans to continuously save. Some fans have as many as 15 pages of saves and you aren't even done with chapter 2. This is simply too much. The constant stop, save, stop save again, over and over is hurting the flow of the story. You can limit your choices to more important points and not hurt it.

Points System... Does a player need 45 like points halfway into chapter 2? As I stated above. Too many choices. You implemented the like points but I haven't seen anything that would make you lose points. If you do not have the checks and balances in place, why have the like points at all? All you are doing is directing your fans down certain paths because invariably they will choose a response that ends in a "She likes that" It is almost a walkthrough to be honest. If you are to entice your fans to get the girls to pursue the MC, the MC should also be able to push them away with negative responses that take away likes. Like I said... Checks and balances.

Natalie... PLEASE give her a personality. You have a shy, inexperienced teenager that is in trouble (because I don't know how to code the spoiler) . She should be hysterical, frightened and badly shook up, especially after the second time we see her when, well you know what happened. Right now Natalie is a straight up Lifeless Christen Stewart, Twilight movie clone. This comes back to the writing. You go into painfully long detail with the MC's Doctors visit yet you do nothing for Natalie's scenes. Those two short scenes are vitally important and you have Natalie evaluating her situation in the same way Spock would evaluate a space amoeba on Star Trek.

I am sorry and yes everyone has an opinion, but you have the potential for a fantastic story here. You are hurting it though and if you don't make big changes soon you will go from seeing 4-5 star ratings to 1-2 star ratings. We fans see it all of the time....

Last edited:
Reactions: jejestore

BarbarrossaNA

Sep 10, 2019
Some say another college game.. another dude who has issues.. some say blablablablabla..

I say nice game.. well written.. awesome renders.. Impressed me enough to run it through more then once.. even at this early stage of development. Shows off a lot of talent.. great work ViM Studios .... can't wait for more.

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
When I tried the game initially, I wasn't impressed, now, playing v0.15, I'm hooked.
I especially like the movement of the girls during conversations, the variety of facial expressions, blushing, and blinking
are great.
The interaction/texting between Elly and the MC in class is an excellent example of the DEV's ability to create facial expressions conveying subtle changes.
I'm more of a game mechanics type than a story type (unless it's full of poorly translated dialogue) well done mechanics can carry a less-than-great story.
Not saying this story isn't good. It is, I think most of us have been in this situation and can relate.
There are a lot of Vociferous members here, they think they can demand changes in the game but would take great offense if told to change something they created.
"Another generic college virgin " This cracks me up, are there more than that statement and the "Confident, caring jock/intelligent guy that gets the girls with no problems stories?" There are only so many plots to use. There are only 7 general story plots used in all storytelling, it's just how that plot is tweaked that makes it a new story.

Sorry for the rant,
Thanks, Vim Studios for your quality work.

Last edited:

AngelsAfterDark

Jun 11, 2021
Mc is good,but the girls are few(only ten),hope dev add more girls later.
Girls are few, only ten? Jesus when I see a game with more than 5 Lis I'm like "that's waaay too many Lis" dudes over here complaining about ten being too few :KEK:
For me the only games I don't mind having alot of Lis is Summers gone and where it all began. 1. cause the renders and character models are stunning and unique. And 2. You just know Ocean will do a good job making each of em feel real and unique. But most games with more than 5 Lis just end up using the same character model for multiple Lis and most of em have no personality or uniqueness about them. They're really just there to be holes.

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
Girls are few, only ten? Jesus when I see a game with more than 5 Lis I'm like "that's waaay too many Lis" dudes over here complaining about ten being too few :KEK:
For me the only games I don't mind having alot of Lis is Summers gone and where it all began. 1. cause the renders and character models are stunning and unique. And 2. You just know Ocean will do a good job making each of em feel real and unique. But most games with more than 5 Lis just end up using the same character model for multiple Lis and most of em have no personality or uniqueness about them. They're really just there to be holes.
You mean because both of those games wont be finished (nor even half-way done, most probably) ever, so how many of LIs is there isnt important at all?:KEK:

Regarding this game, I do agree, less LIs is always better (5-6, for example is more than enough), not because more cant be unique and stunning, yet for technical/developing reasons. Ofc that doesnt mean there cant be 10+ side chicks to have fun with:BootyTime:

GAR48

Mar 9, 2021
NGL, I was kinda skeptical when I read about the game featuring a multi-choice story.

I thougt that the choices were going to have little impact on the storyline, mostly being about unimportant parts.

I am glad I was wrong.

GAR48

Mar 9, 2021
Here is the Multi-Mod for A Shot in the Dark [v0.15] [ViM Studios]
**Make sure to make multiple saves. You can't get all girls with single playthrough!**
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Download:
Mega
Support me on my or

View attachment 2006375 View attachment 2006376 View attachment 2006377 View attachment 2006378 View attachment 2006379 View attachment 2006380 View attachment 2006381
Sorry for asking, but how do i install the mod in the game?

Reactions: TJP623

The ArcKnight

Nylon enthusiast, Harem enjoyer.
Donor
May 19, 2018
Do you have to be buddy buddy with Kevon? I kinda hate him, but dont want to lock myself out of content with the girls. Don't need a guy friend when there are all these ladies i'd rather spend time with.

So which girls are exclusive to different paths?
From playing Ch1 it seems you have to choose: Ashley, Elly and (Sophia or Natalie) or Alexis, Sara, Mai, and (Sophie or Natalie.)
I'm not a huge fan of mutually exclusive love interests, as inevitably someone I like will be on the other route.

Will there be a harem route or am i going to continually have to juggle being locked out of content as I go?

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 57 Votes