illusorygentleman

May 3, 2022
I'm glad you're enjoying the game! I'm sorry to hear there is a bug you've encountered. Can you post a screenshot of just before the bug occurs?

One thing that would help me isolate the issue would be if you can send me the crash report after doing the steps in this video. Open the A Shot in the Dark app with your save on the screen just before it crashes, and then follow the steps in the video since it's time-based.
I actually Uninstalled the game and reinstalled after deleting some programs and so far or works great.

Reactions: Mr.SeedyAF

dacris69

M, TI
Donor
Nov 20, 2017
Wow great game so far, very refreshing seeing modified women models, many of them are really cute and beautiful; used unren after i finished my playthrough and was very pleasantly surprised to see i have missed quite a few scenes and events. This game could become a classic.

Reactions: Eticketjedi

CiaoNima

Jul 29, 2020
The amount of content was very low for the time taken for the update and the last tinder chat with the BDSM girl was dragged for far too long, but on the other hand, the story seems very interesting will looking forward to the next update.

HueyFreeman32

Jun 3, 2018
for the next updates, plz a way to skip the phone messages. it is mad long you are staring at the phone goin thru five messages from people. slows everything down to a halt

Reactions: bruceroll

Darth Vengeant

May 6, 2020
While it's a nice idea, the constant cell phone instagram and texting is annoying as all hell in this. In one time I had to message nearly all the people I was following. REALLY annoying, and boring. The Paloma match conversation went on and on and on, and she sounds like a controlling bitch. I am not into texting. The fact that it is designed to force you to set and wait for replies etc is also annoying as hell. Make it so that when you click, it goes forward. I hate having to wait for animations and such to move forward in renpy games. It's much better to let the player control things by clicking. With some tweaking this game could be much better in those ways.

how to get these 3 scenes? after Natalie comfort TheOmega View attachment 2028371
Use the Multi-Mod or Gallery Unlock.

Last edited:
Reactions: sidsan

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
1663167299652.png

August was another record-breaking month for our studio as we surpassed 500 Patrons for the first time. In September, we will be sharing HD Wallpapers for both games to all our Patrons as a THANK YOUfor your support, so keep an eye out for those on our Patreon!

We are already hard at work on Chapter 2 - 2nd half (V0.2) of A Shot in the Dark. V0.2 has significantly more lewd scenes, renders, and animations planned than V0.15. Since Chapter 2 was not originally meant to be split into two updates, it ended up a bit lopsided in that respect. However, that will make V0.2 a very fun update, packed with sexy content. What we have created so far is looking amazing, and we can't wait for you to see it all!

It's been an amazing summer for our studio and that is thanks to all of you, our fans and supporters. We are optimistic that fall will be just as great, if not even better!

We hope all our US fans have a great Labor Day weekend!

-ViM Studios

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
Nice start... right up my alley this one. And refreshing kinda "realistic" models, especially the MC.

the kidnap part is very dark though... hopefully it ends well, in my playthrough Natalie is the victim... which is even more depressing cause i liked her very much, which i figured is the reason that she got kidnapped in the first place, cause as i saw it the victim could have been her sister too?

Which is really interesting, shows that the choices matter in a really heavy way..

Overall this game has the potential to be a big time favorite for me... i prefer MCs who are not that outgoing, cause well.. iam the same way.

I can pretty much see myself in the MC out of this game, well my younger version that is.

Will watch this game closely, but ill wait some updates i think, at this state there is not much more than "meet and greet" overall going on, which is perfectly fine for a game i this early state. So i come back when the game goes more deeper i think, to really make up my mind about it.

For now... it is top quality, writing, start of the story, a good college setting (college is to much used in my book, but when its well made, it works fine, and here it is well made), renders, music and background sound...

Really, not that much of a downside to find... only thing, well the "phone activity" is a bit much.

But maybe... that is very realistic too i guess... lets face it, most of the people are glued to their phone and oblivous to everything else ;) i might be an exception... most of the time i dont even have my phone with me.

Venoma

Nov 30, 2018
Thumbs up for the recent review pointing out that the vaginal sex tag was not an actual character scene.

MD27

Feb 28, 2020
Hi! Playing on Android here, got stuck in the part where you get 3 messages while in photography 101 class, it freezes after I respond any msg (can't press back button and don't receive a response if there's one)

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Nice start... right up my alley this one. And refreshing kinda "realistic" models, especially the MC.

the kidnap part is very dark though... hopefully it ends well, in my playthrough Natalie is the victim... which is even more depressing cause i liked her very much, which i figured is the reason that she got kidnapped in the first place, cause as i saw it the victim could have been her sister too?

Which is really interesting, shows that the choices matter in a really heavy way..

Overall this game has the potential to be a big time favorite for me... i prefer MCs who are not that outgoing, cause well.. iam the same way.

I can pretty much see myself in the MC out of this game, well my younger version that is.

Will watch this game closely, but ill wait some updates i think, at this state there is not much more than "meet and greet" overall going on, which is perfectly fine for a game i this early state. So i come back when the game goes more deeper i think, to really make up my mind about it.

For now... it is top quality, writing, start of the story, a good college setting (college is to much used in my book, but when its well made, it works fine, and here it is well made), renders, music and background sound...

Really, not that much of a downside to find... only thing, well the "phone activity" is a bit much.

But maybe... that is very realistic too i guess... lets face it, most of the people are glued to their phone and oblivous to everything else ;) i might be an exception... most of the time i dont even have my phone with me.
Yeah, not sure I want to play a game with such a dark storyline where women are being kidnapped, beaten, and killed (Kevon mentioned there was a serial killer active on campus).

In addition, with the allusions to the MC having a dark and troubling mental health issue I'm worried that will mean the MC is actually the killer because of a "split personality". Other than being twins and being in the same sorority the MC is the link to whichever girl is kidnapped in the game. If Sophie then there's the possibility that it is Andre (the ex-bf) but if Natalie is the kidnap victim, she doesn't have any other suspect besides the MC. Unless, of course, it is a completely new and unknown character who is preying on the sorority sisters.

Finally I am worried this game will never see completion simply because of the amount of branching. The longer the game goes the more content will need to be created to cover for each possible branch. Take the two events of the kidnapping and conflicting sorority events. Those already cause 4 branches (Natalie free and sleepover, Natalie free and campout, Sophie free and sleepover, Sophie free and campout) and they aren't the only "significant" decisions that are made in the first chapter and a half! It seems overly ambitious and I'm worried that the devs will eventually burn out.

Prove me wrong!

4.30 star(s) 57 Votes