Ren'Py Abandoned A Sister's Love [v0.4] [BlackStar.Gamez]

4.10 star(s) 10 Votes

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Thats a great idea, I may have to code it different.
Try to avoid "strict" check.
The ">=" instead of "==" because of people who cheat, but also because you can have an idea later, and add few things in what already exist. Whatever how hard you'll control, you'll always forget one test, and break your game just because you tried to make it even better.
Also try to test a little below the value you have initially in mind. Humans make errors sometimes, and choosing once the right option shouldn't be penalizing ; unless it's a really important choice. This especially when the game will grow. Else, most players will refer to a walkthrough, following it from start to end, and it's less enjoying to play this way.

Afflyction

Game Developer
May 7, 2017
Try to avoid "strict" check.
The ">=" instead of "==" because of people who cheat, but also because you can have an idea later, and add few things in what already exist. Whatever how hard you'll control, you'll always forget one test, and break your game just because you tried to make it even better.
Also try to test a little below the value you have initially in mind. Humans make errors sometimes, and choosing once the right option shouldn't be penalizing ; unless it's a really important choice. This especially when the game will grow. Else, most players will refer to a walkthrough, following it from start to end, and it's less enjoying to play this way.
Thanks, I'll def keep that in mind for 0.3 when I start the script for it. My biggest trump right now is animation. I want to add an animation or two in 0.3 but I don't know how smooth it will be let alone if daz itself is capable of doing dmd smooth for example. I'll research it and get it done. I'm fortunate enough to have decent power in my rig already. Shouldn't take to long once I get passed the the learning curve.

Reactions: Kane Salvatore

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
My biggest trump right now is animation. I want to add an animation or two in 0.3 but I don't know how smooth it will be let alone if daz itself is capable of doing dmd smooth for example.
Don't know for Daz, but for Ren'py I can answer. It can play , and it play them decently.

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
all i have to say is the game is so dead and dark, one would think the dev got lazy... hehehe

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
ok i noticed in the bar or whatever it is, when looking over sister's head, the background thru the windows was grey/white checkerboard pattern heh, missing image?

actually it goes in and out, sometimes it's all black and others it's grey/white checks

also a typo when madison trips, owe owe owe, should be ow ow ow

Afflyction

Game Developer
May 7, 2017
ok i noticed in the bar or whatever it is, when looking over sister's head, the background thru the windows was grey/white checkerboard pattern heh, missing image?

actually it goes in and out, sometimes it's all black and others it's grey/white checks

also a typo when madison trips, owe owe owe, should be ow ow ow
Yeah sorry about that. That was brought to my attention on release day. When I rendered those images, I did overnight. I thought I turned on view dome which would make the HDRI image viewable in the background. Clearly I didn't. So it was left transparent. I didn't have time to re render them because HDRI takes much longer to render. If I have time, I will have that fixed in 0.3.

Reactions: a1fox3

Atepomarus

Dec 28, 2017
Can not get any Mega downloads to open. Managed to download game yesterday, mega is downloading but is not opening in my zip program which it has been doing for other games.

Afflyction

Game Developer
May 7, 2017
damn you love to end things on a cliffhanger...
Thats just a preference for me. Keeps things interesting
Can not get any Mega downloads to open. Managed to download game yesterday, mega is downloading but is not opening in my zip program which it has been doing for other games.
There was an issue like that yesterday. Is your zip program up to date? Newest version of winrar or 7zip work as far as I know.

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
Ok, Just to give some info to everyone. I really appreciate the input. I'll fix the darkness on the next release for sure. I'm sill learning with all this so any input helps. As far as the date in the OP. I released 0.1 last month to everyone to get it out there. 0.2 was released on 2-19 for my $5 and up patreons. 2 weeks after that it will unlock for the $1 patreons and a week after that I was gonna release here only so I can keep up with the rewards system. It was leaked this morning so thats why it's here right now.
As far as the top and skirt. It is a scene in the game. Nothing to wild but I added it. It's an "Extras" scene thus if extras isn't installed it's not viewable.
Well, i tried out the update... And I can see that it's being converted from the Family Sex theme to a non-Family Sex theme... But just using some word replacement, doesn't remove the family feel elements told in the story over all... It just makes things sound weird instead, while going through it... And the title is a big give away that it's still originally a Family Sex themed visual novel/game... The new content pictures are just as super dark as the original pictures, and that is a major issue that really needs to be worked on... If you plan to rework all the pictures, you might as well re-write the script as well, since you're converting it anyways... Plus I agree with a few other folks, giving a set of choices where a choice doesn't change anything, why even bother offering the choice? That happens in a couple places, such as when entering the room with the glasses of wine as well as the clothing choice...

In any case, I went ahead and updated my review...

Afflyction

Game Developer
May 7, 2017
Well, i tried out the update... And I can see that it's being converted from the Family Sex theme to a non-Family Sex theme... But just using some word replacement, doesn't remove the family feel elements told in the story over all... It just makes things sound weird instead, while going through it... And the title is a big give away that it's still originally a Family Sex themed visual novel/game... The new content pictures are just as super dark as the original pictures, and that is a major issue that really needs to be worked on... If you plan to rework all the pictures, you might as well re-write the script as well, since you're converting it anyways... Plus I agree with a few other folks, giving a set of choices where a choice doesn't change anything, why even bother offering the choice? That happens in a couple places, such as when entering the room with the glasses of wine as well as the clothing choice...

In any case, I went ahead and updated my review...
As for the glasses of wine, If you have enough points, When you walk in, they break because the MC is startled by what he saw. If you don't she will change her mind and decide to do the drinks the next day which will be in 0.3. As for the clothes choice, The top and skirt is my first extras scene. I do appreciate the input and it all is def a WIP. I'm learning as I go and since I have more time atm, I'll be working more to improve. I do appreciate the feedback from everyone here. It'll help me improve overall. As far as the darkness. I don't have a monitor. My pc is hooked up to a 47 inch LED TV so those images don't appear dark to me but with all the feedback, I can improve that till everyone here is fine with the result.

Reactions: aweriel and Zippity

Afflyction

Game Developer
May 7, 2017
The game exits on second day, when mc tells her get in the car. Is the problem on my side?
exits? like crashes? Thats the first I heard of that. Theres still a bit more to go through. When it's done, you will get a version end screen. Do you get a traceback at all? or an error?

chuckypetya

Jan 18, 2018
exits? like crashes? Thats the first I heard of that. Theres still a bit more to go through. When it's done, you will get a version end screen. Do you get a traceback at all? or an error?
Yeah, it crashes, now im through that point, i used both patches, and used old saves. Later i try it with a new game. Now i have the same issue in the restaurant, after Marissa fell, and mc need to decide warn her or dont warn her. I have the same problem, the game crashes. Maybe its because i play it on linux, with wine, but with the 0.1 i didnt had this problem, and i played it the same.

4.10 star(s) 10 Votes