Ren'Py Abandoned A Sister's Love [v0.4] [BlackStar.Gamez]

4.10 star(s) 10 Votes

ontach

Apr 8, 2018
Try the mega links on OP. They are working.
Please, when you update the links next, add some text like "Last updated on: <date>".
Might also be a good idea to start using sub-version numbers. E.g. v0.3.1, v0.3.2 etc. for bugfix releases. Shit happens, no big deal - we understand, but it helps a lot if we can keep track of what's going on.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2017
Well.. ASL and a bunch of the games here on F95 use Daz3D, which is just rendered images attached to game script (usually Ren'Py), so that 'customization' would take a lot out of update content..
Specifically, for anyone thinking, right this second, well how bad could it be?

1. That means every single image would need to be rerendered X number of times (where X is the number of cup size options).
2. Multiple girls would be an exponential increase in options there. Have two girls with two different cup sizes... let's say that girl 2 is Y number of options. Then you have to render images for every X and every Y.
3. This would then require programming Ren'Py (which I know VERY LITTLE about but know enough to know it would need scripting for...) referring a player to the right image out of those potentially dozens of images.
Note: This doesn't even get into videos/animated sequences which already require a lot of renders... but would require even more and good luck if a scene features both women... not to mention whether or not you wanted one size or all of them, the game would include the data and renders for ALL of them, so... hellooooooooo double digit gig sized games reaaaaaally quick.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's unfortunate that the seemingly vast majority of these games fall into the categories of "super ridiculous" tits or "basically pre-teens" in visuals. But at least with Ren'Py games, there's not really a good "fix" for that.

ontach

Apr 8, 2018
Yes, sadly. In proper 3D games, rendering is done on the fly, so selecting/ altering physical attributes is possible, especially if the dev is involved (access to the character model is needed). Even in those, though, modding is not always possible - people have been trying to reduce boob size in Tomb Raider for ages, but the model is not accessible, so no joy. Can't even get a decent nude patch, as the pants have been embedded in the mesh. Bummer.

ontach

Apr 8, 2018
That said, I don't think it would be too much extra work. Change breast size in the 3D program (eg. Daz3D) and re-render. Except for scenes involving breast manipulation - groping, massaging, etc. nothing else needs to be touched. Pack separately, upload different versions. Just saying it is doable.

All this is just general discussion while we wait for the next version. It is NOT relevant for this game, which has PERFECT boob sizes. Even the mom is perky, unlike other games where older women have boobs down to their navels or worse.

ontach

Apr 8, 2018
To the dev: if you need a fresh pair of eyes to look for typos, etc. I'm up for it. Send me an editable text dump (or dumps, chapterwise).

Kane Salvatore

Salvatore Studios
Donor
Jan 2, 2018
Yes, sadly. In proper 3D games, rendering is done on the fly, so selecting/ altering physical attributes is possible, especially if the dev is involved (access to the character model is needed). Even in those, though, modding is not always possible - people have been trying to reduce boob size in Tomb Raider for ages, but the model is not accessible, so no joy. Can't even get a decent nude patch, as the pants have been embedded in the mesh. Bummer.
There is a difference better 3D game like 'Tomb Raider' and 3dcg games like 'all daz3d games on f95'
3dcg games have thousands of image files that the dev or artist of the game has to take HOURS to render a single image, they don't have large teams with multiple rendering setups.
3d games however if on f95 don't usually use daz3d..

Centurion

Jan 20, 2018
That said, I don't think it would be too much extra work. Change breast size in the 3D program (eg. Daz3D) and re-render. Except for scenes involving breast manipulation - groping, massaging, etc. nothing else needs to be touched. Pack separately, upload different versions. Just saying it is doable
Like mowing your lawn with scissors is doable. But not feasible.

ontach

Apr 8, 2018
Like mowing your lawn with scissors is doable. But not feasible.
Hmm.. game developers are usually capable of creating scripts to automate the process, taking a lot of the drudgery out of the task. However, I do agree that they might not have very good hardware for the rendering part, which is the most CPU intensive/ time consuming.

Kane Salvatore

Salvatore Studios
Donor
Jan 2, 2018
.. Most game developers on here are solo and do it as a hobby.. These aren't the big game company's that have nothing but time to pump out renders..

Oct 2, 2017
.. Most game developers on here are solo and do it as a hobby.. These aren't the big game company's that have nothing but time to pump out renders..
Not only considering just time, but also computing power which feeds back into that "time" part.

Given the current bitcoin et al. mining operations basically buying up most of the stock on high end parts (mostly video cards, but last I saw it was causing some fluctuations in RAM and CPUs too)... it's hard to assemble anything either.

Reactions: Kane Salvatore

Centurion

Jan 20, 2018
Hmm.. game developers are usually capable of creating scripts to automate the process, taking a lot of the drudgery out of the task. However, I do agree that they might not have very good hardware for the rendering part, which is the most CPU intensive/ time consuming.
Yeah, all the extra renders is the deal breaker for the vast majority of devs

Oct 2, 2017
Yea cost us $600 for a used gaming desktop from a pawn shop, and we still need upgrades.. which is one of the reasons @Xander 'Clyde' Salvatore and I's game will be a while 'in the making'
Yeah, realized I was about 4 years out from my last build and while it handles stuff decent enough, I'm kind of getting the itch to build another system (one to separate all of THESE games from my more vanilla games)... but also because I know some of the games I play (WoW included) are starting to ramp up on specifications again, and having built a fairly standard run-of-the-mill system, the idea of going all out with like water cooling and shit seems like it'd be fun...

And yet, buying from iBuyPower is likely to be cheaper at this point because of the miners and shit. -_-;;

But, now that I've got a job again, that'll have to wait until I finish saving up to get some dental work done first.

But, looking forwards to it Kane and Xander. Game sounds cool as hell in concept. Can't wait to see how it shakes out.

Renetta

Jan 30, 2018
Any Patreon's here that would be willing to share the updates and previews with us ?

Enlightnd

May 1, 2017
Yeah, realized I was about 4 years out from my last build and while it handles stuff decent enough, I'm kind of getting the itch to build another system (one to separate all of THESE games from my more vanilla games)... but also because I know some of the games I play (WoW included) are starting to ramp up on specifications again, and having built a fairly standard run-of-the-mill system, the idea of going all out with like water cooling and shit seems like it'd be fun...

And yet, buying from iBuyPower is likely to be cheaper at this point because of the miners and shit. :noexpression:;;

But, now that I've got a job again, that'll have to wait until I finish saving up to get some dental work done first.

But, looking forwards to it Kane and Xander. Game sounds cool as hell in concept. Can't wait to see how it shakes out.
With WoW, all you really need is a more recent CPU. The graphics are still handled perfectly well maxed out on a HD 78XX era card.

Oct 2, 2017
With WoW, all you really need is a more recent CPU. The graphics are still handled perfectly well maxed out on a HD 78XX era card.
For now, but they've been pulling some shenanigans with instance/raid mechanics not displaying without higher end drivers, and I imagine that will continue into the next expansion... and every little bit helps when you've got 30+ people all firing off their shit along with the bosses/mobs doing their thing. :D

Plus, the system gets a lot of use for other games with higher end shit going on with sims (the genre, not the game) and moddables like Bethesda-y stuff. The console is generally only for exclusives or 3rd person action/adventure type games as even with a controller, they feel weird on a PC.

And, as noted, having built this one, I do kind of want to just go all out and build a beast of a system. :)

Reactions: botc76

Kane Salvatore

Salvatore Studios
Donor
Jan 2, 2018
Ah.. missed the .3.1 email it seems..
mega links..

@muttdoggy

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Edit:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Also updated

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 10 Votes