Ren'Py Abandoned A Sister's Love [v0.4] [BlackStar.Gamez]

4.10 star(s) 10 Votes

Nizzquizz

Oct 20, 2017
I wouldn't go that far, but i get what you're saying.
.... you're aware that i've been a liiiittle bit sarcastic there, right?

I mean, siriously speaking, it's really not as much of a train wreck as people here make it out to be - but it DID go off the rails and got drunk behind the train station. That doesn't make the game unplayable or un-enjoyable. But I can see how people might be a little bit ... irritated by that rather sudden wild ride. ^^"

Steve70

Sep 13, 2017
Either would be technically correct, and neither is incorrect, but they would have slightly different connotations. If the title was "Sister's Love" it would imply the love of this sister to this brother. "A Sister's Love" has a more romantic quality to it than "Sister's Love" would, and also suggests there is a broader inherent quality to the love any sister has for any brother.

At least to me, others might infer different connotations?
You are correct. "A Sister's Love" is less immediate than "Sister's Love" (think "third-person"), and for that reason is less specific and more romantic. For non-native speakers of English, you might think of the meaning as "the love of some sister, somewhere."

pastera

Jun 19, 2017
The last update was great. I loved the new scene with the mom. The content is a little light for a 0.4 version though...

vir_cotto

Engaged Member
Aug 9, 2017
You know that last sentence in this version: "What the fuck is that?"

Yeah, I can relate to that... My thoughts - either dev didn't pay writer so he/she quitted and then he hired talented first-grader (I'm talking about elementary school) or the whole dev team are on some seriously disturbing shit that could put LSD to shame.

SlamJammin

Jan 1, 2018
You know that last sentence in this version: "What the fuck is that?"

Yeah, I can relate to that... My thoughts - either dev didn't pay writer so he/she quitted and then he hired talented first-grader (I'm talking about elementary school) or the whole dev team are on some seriously disturbing shit that could put LSD to shame.
Um, absolutely agree. I had to stop playing for a while once the waitress girl (who incidentally is named "mom" in this version) was on the MC's bed and the aunt suddenly comes in and bends over suddenly... wtf. I laughed when the line said by the MC "i'm beginning to think my whole family is having a stroke" was an inside joke of how the writer is having one themselves during the making of this update. I do like thought provoking games or films (David Lynch subconscious style films come to mind) but this game clearly did not start off that way and is now degrading to a pile of nonsensical and wacky scenes that aren't even thought provoking. What ever the devs reasons are (probably an existential, nihilistic episode I assume all Russians/Eastern Europeans go through in their lives) this visual novel is quickly approaching the garbage bin of discarded games.

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
Um, absolutely agree. I had to stop playing for a while once the waitress girl (who incidentally is named "mom" in this version) was on the MC's bed and the aunt suddenly comes in and bends over suddenly... wtf. I laughed when the line said by the MC "i'm beginning to think my whole family is having a stroke" was an inside joke of how the writer is having one themselves during the making of this update. I do like thought provoking games or films (David Lynch subconscious style films come to mind) but this game clearly did not start off that way and is now degrading to a pile of nonsensical and wacky scenes that aren't even thought provoking. What ever the devs reasons are (probably an existential, nihilistic episode I assume all Russians/Eastern Europeans go through in their lives) this visual novel is quickly approaching the garbage bin of discarded games.
One of the worst updates from this site I've ever played. The previous versions were far from perfect but the last update is absolutely ludicrous and stupid.

bobbo69

Engaged Member
Donor
Jun 18, 2017
One of the worst updates from this site I've ever played. The previous versions were far from perfect but the last update is absolutely ludicrous and stupid.
Hey, I kind of liked the previous ones, but, I admit though, this update was real crap, like he didn't give a shit and just wanted it out on time or something without testing or whatsoever. :( Not impressed, hope the future ones will be better if he wants support ;)

ontach

Apr 8, 2018
Hey, I kind of liked the previous ones, but, I admit though, this update was real crap, like he didn't give a shit and just wanted it out on time or something without testing or whatsoever. :( Not impressed, hope the future ones will be better if he wants support ;)
Seems the dev doesn't understand how alcohol works. I've got drunk till I puked, but I never really lost my marbles. He writes incoherent stuff for the MC whenever the MC has had a drink or two (which he doesn't point out, so we have to guess). If whatever the dev drinks affects him the same way, he should get it checked for drugs. Perhaps someone is slipping roofies into it.

Reactions: bobbo69

Renetta

Jan 30, 2018
No patreon activity from June 2nd, i wonder if the Dev abandoned the project following the 0.4 criticism :confused:

Le Taz

Master Of Baguettes
Modder
Donor
Mar 28, 2018
That's a possibility....
I'm definitly unlucky. Apart from a few games, every time I find a model that fits my taste, either the game goes down quality or story wise, or get abandonned if not both at the end...

Reactions: Mr. Vargas and lo0u

lo0u

Jun 26, 2018
Well, that ending was... interesting. It felt like those crazy dreams you have every now and then, where at a moment you're walking down the street and all of a sudden you're running from a t-rex in the middle of a jungle. It makes no sense. x'D

The game had promise in the beginning, the sister is really cute with a good personality, good model also... Oh well.

4.10 star(s) 10 Votes