sanjix1

May 16, 2017
So i may have goofed.

when i had reached the point where the ending was offered to me in my bedroom i declined it. admitedly i skimmed the text bubble, but i thought that i read that if you came back to your room at a certain time you could reactivate the end.

I had almost no one outside of those required for the main path charmed, so i wanted some more completion and went after them.

but, now going back to my room the ending won't retrigger. i stayed in my room just messing with tess, anita, and tanika for a full week and it never retriggered. am i missing something? or did i just missread the end card and now i can't go on to the end?

Carmen Sandiego

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
I do not see how you could be using the fix and have defeated Davy with the fix in place and have the situation I see in the save you posted. It does look like it would be before the fix.

Is there a chance that for this save that you defeated Davy before the fix? The fix upgrades some errors in saves but the case here it does not

You can use the cheat menu or developer console to fix if you do not have a save pre-defeat for Davy
Comsole
movePerson("Sarah", 1);movePerson("AdeleRoss", 16);setPersonFlag("AdeleRoss", 1);
Cheat menu
- select view people locate Sarah, type 1 in the box for move them and click the link
- repeat for Adele but type 16
- also for Adele type 1 in the box for Toggle Flag and click the link
I started a new game just to be sure. Not sure why it didn't work then. Going to start another new game just to be sure in case there is a legit bug to work out. After I pack a bowl...

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
So i may have goofed.

when i had reached the point where the ending was offered to me in my bedroom i declined it. admitedly i skimmed the text bubble, but i thought that i read that if you came back to your room at a certain time you could reactivate the end.

I had almost no one outside of those required for the main path charmed, so i wanted some more completion and went after them.

but, now going back to my room the ending won't retrigger. i stayed in my room just messing with tess, anita, and tanika for a full week and it never retriggered. am i missing something? or did i just missread the end card and now i can't go on to the end?
Apply the last fix I posted and on a Sunday talk to either Tess or Tracy to get the option

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
I started a new game just to be sure. Not sure why it didn't work then. Going to start another new game just to be sure in case there is a legit bug to work out. After I pack a bowl...
Please save immediately before defeating Davy and keep the save. Check after defeating him where is Sarah in the cheat menu she should be a place 1 if not please post the save (assuming you do not do the following)

Also some of this bug is you are not using Officer Khan to hunt down Davy, you could do it. She will be either killed or hospitalised based on your choices, but that opens up a nurse after all

Carmen Sandiego

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
Please save immediately before defeating Davy and keep the save. Check after defeating him where is Sarah in the cheat menu she should be a place 1 if not please post the save (assuming you do not do the following)

Also some of this bug is you are not using Officer Khan to hunt down Davy, you could do it. She will be either killed or hospitalised based on your choices, but that opens up a nurse after all
Will do. Here is my game start save if it matters.

Save for right before taking out Davy. Should be the one on the right? Should've named em different.

Edit:
I just went on and triggered the flags manually because the game wasn't doing it. I don't know why.

Simon1109

Nov 2, 2017
Playing the apprentice path with the walkthrough.. I am stuck after being arrested. The book was taken by Beasley and when confronting him I always get a game over. Walkthrough warns about it and says i need to know how to defend with magic, have ginas necklace or pamelas bracelet. No gina or pamela in contacts, i havent meet them and dont know how to defend myself with magic. Any clues?

dragpz

May 29, 2017
Playing the apprentice path with the walkthrough.. I am stuck after being arrested. The book was taken by Beasley and when confronting him I always get a game over. Walkthrough warns about it and says i need to know how to defend with magic, have ginas necklace or pamelas bracelet. No gina or pamela in contacts, i havent meet them and dont know how to defend myself with magic. Any clues?
1. Have Silver Ring + Charm + Can See The Mayor
= Close the museum and then go to the museum to get the blonde lock of hair and Gina's Address
- Possess gina and put her necklace in the bathroom
- Stop possession and go to her address to charm her and go to the bathroom for the necklace

2. Can visit the church
= Go through the side and visit Pamela
- Charm her and while fucking her get her bracelet

3. Visit the restaurant on the weekends ( i think) and meet Allison
= Charm her, and meet her again and ask her about the chant
- The chant will cost 20 mana to protect you from spells

Simon1109

Nov 2, 2017
1. Have Silver Ring + Charm + Can See The Mayor
= Close the museum and then go to the museum to get the blonde lock of hair and Gina's Address
- Possess gina and put her necklace in the bathroom
- Stop possession and go to her address to charm her and go to the bathroom for the necklace

2. Can visit the church
= Go through the side and visit Pamela
- Charm her and while fucking her get her bracelet

Thanks!

scarfer

Nov 4, 2017
You can only send Tess back to the Library once you resolve the magic item and her husband are resolved.

If you had her leave the library and did not have her research magic then you have lost the opportunity. As noted it is only a source of some mana.
Yeah, I was certain that in earlier versions she was capable of returning to the library at any time. Also was sure she had the search for magic option at your house. Faulty memory on my part I guess.
As for the Gold worm puzzle, if you send Tess to your house without having her search for magic, the only chat option will be search for her husband. However, if you send her away to look for John, she will show up at the hotel first. That's NOT just mana though. MC gets the Transform spell from that also.

I believe you must unlock Alison first by going to the gym during the week, until you see her there.

vcghbfbem

Sep 13, 2016
Sorry I cannot quite work out what you mean here.

What exactly are you trying to do?
I want to charm the mom but after having freed her from Gabby at home say that you cannot for the demon and at work for Gabby. Hypnotism instead I don't know how use after having learned, but I don't know if mom can be hypnotized.

Majere40

Jan 19, 2018
After releasing Kate from Davy´s spell in the pond, she either run away or hits and robs me if I try to mind control her.
I did the right dialogue choices according to the guide, have both the bracelet and Gina´s necklace, and Davy is awaiting in the Hotel. What did I miss?

jmkarlsson

Nov 25, 2017
I have a question am I still supposed to charm mr. Beasley at school after the vase incident with mr.s Granger at the museum as described here.

DiroGoodboy

Oct 18, 2016
You can upgrade when Tess is at home, have you examined the book since it first started blnking in the game?
As long as you have the experience and have not maxed out trainings she will teach you.

If this does not helpas /i noted use an older autosave or post me your save to check
I can't interact with Tess because she's at her house, I can't charm her husband because I don't have that upgrade, and I don't have that upgrade because she's at her house. Since I'm at murder path she's the only one I know that can upgrade the book.

Edit: Save file
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

tonzak

Dec 18, 2016
A quick question:
With Kate, are you supposed to be able to give her Gina's (Museum Security Guard's) Heirloom Necklace as protection or something else? I've tried to give her all the things I had on me when talking with Kate in the park before confronting Davy in the hotel.
I've done several playthroughs and not once have I been able to give Kate something to protect herself with.

Leingod

Dec 3, 2017
For some reason, I can't get to the press conference thing and it says in my Notes that I missed it, even though it isn't even 6PM yet. Am I just looking in the wrong place? I've tried the TV place and the Town Hall.

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
Will do. Here is my game start save if it matters.

Save for right before taking out Davy. Should be the one on the right? Should've named em different.

Edit:
I just went on and triggered the flags manually because the game wasn't doing it. I don't know why.
Thanks I will check the saves

I want to charm the mom but after having freed her from Gabby at home say that you cannot for the demon and at work for Gabby. Hypnotism instead I don't know how use after having learned, but I don't know if mom can be hypnotized.
If you did not charm Mom at Gabby's house then that is it, you cannot charm her again. it was your only opportunity.

After releasing Kate from Davy´s spell in the pond, she either run away or hits and robs me if I try to mind control her.
I did the right dialogue choices according to the guide, have both the bracelet and Gina´s necklace, and Davy is awaiting in the Hotel. What did I miss?
It depends on the exact dialogue but it sound like you had not been nice to her previously, or at least did not get something right. And you did not free her in a previous case or tried to charm her.

Kate requires careful interactions BUT ONLY IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO CHARM HER, and want her as an uncharmed lover. If you want to charm her deal with her after the Davy events, nothing here is needed

I have a question am I still supposed to charm mr. Beasley at school after the vase incident with mr.s Granger at the museum as described here.

In general you should charm Mr Beasley as soon as you can, it saves money and eliminates a peotential rival

What do i do with Elian? I die no matter what I do when I go there.
If you mean you are attacked at night in the Sacred Clearing, then you just need an enslaved vampyre to help

I can't interact with Tess because she's at her house, I can't charm her husband because I don't have that upgrade, and I don't have that upgrade because she's at her house. Since I'm at murder path she's the only one I know that can upgrade the book.

Edit: Save file
The save game is damaged, you will see some emiji characters in it. Just save to file and attach the file to a post

A quick question:
With Kate, are you supposed to be able to give her Gina's (Museum Security Guard's) Heirloom Necklace as protection or something else? I've tried to give her all the things I had on me when talking with Kate in the park before confronting Davy in the hotel.
I've done several playthroughs and not once have I been able to give Kate something to protect herself with.
See my answer above, do you want Kate as an uncharmed lover or a slave/slave lover. Doing this stuff with the necklaces, freeing her only matters if you want her uncharmed.

In that case you have to careful in all interactions, free her twice, never try to charm her, or offer to charm her. Have the necklace in you inventory and the game will give a conversation option to protect her, no need to five it to her via the inventory

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
For some reason, I can't get to the press conference thing and it says in my Notes that I missed it, even though it isn't even 6PM yet.
If you notes say you have missed it then it must of passed 6pm on the day, I would guess you took to long, but I am not sure, I would suggest loading an autosave from the start of the day or an earlier save

darkmega926

Jun 6, 2017
I can't seem to get the hemlock at the wild ranges. I summoned Kurndorf's ghost, and talk to the shopkeeper at the new age store where to find it. Can someone help me?

*Edit* Nevermind I found it using clairvoyance. How did I forget to do that.

4.30 star(s) 60 Votes