cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
Ok another fix, there is a more significant issue relating to Mom leaving for work. I will update the posts for the fixes

Additionally addresses some issues for Tina's room
EDIT: fixed an issue for transform spell
EDIT: fixed the transform issue again
Additional fixes,

- later end game not triggering right
- Tess and uncharmed John Adams - added some clarifying dialogues and allowed Tess to teach trainings
- fixed and issue if you defeat Davy before charming Officer Khan on the Murder path

Attached is a fix, to install download, unzip and copy the extracted compiled.js to the folder Javascripts in your game folder

EDIT: updated to fix an issue for Tess/John

EDIT: removed attachment, see a later post for a cumulative fix

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
Will do. Here is my game start save if it matters.

Save for right before taking out Davy. Should be the one on the right? Should've named em different.

Edit:
I just went on and triggered the flags manually because the game wasn't doing it. I don't know why.
Ok there seems to be a bug if you defeat Davy before charming Officer Khan, and this seems to be what is happening in the save you posted.

I have fixed this in the fix I posted above, if you load the save, beat Davy, charm Officer Khan and then talk to Mom then Sarah will turn up

Reactions: Carmen Sandiego

AdmiralNobody

Aug 6, 2016
So after reading back previous comments on the thread - just to clarify: if you didn't free your mum from the demon before she goes off to work with Gabby then even after charming Gabby and getting the necklace you'll not be able to charm the mum? Is that correct, or is it another save specific thing?

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
So after reading back previous comments on the thread - just to clarify: if you didn't free your mum from the demon before she goes off to work with Gabby then even after charming Gabby and getting the necklace you'll not be able to charm the mum? Is that correct, or is it another save specific thing?
That is the intended story, if you want to charm Mom do it then. Otherwise letting her leave is keeping her uncharmed

AdmiralNobody

Aug 6, 2016
That is the intended story, if you want to charm Mom do it then. Otherwise letting her leave is keeping her uncharmed
Sorry - just to clear up confusion: I'm currently at the point where Gabby has been charmed. Using the "i am your master now" option on the mum doesn't let me charm her - so at this point have I already missed the opportunity to charm her?

visitingtwice

Mar 13, 2017
Hello, I just gave this game a shot today and it's been a lot of fun. I was wondering if Ms. Jones ever shows up again? Once you get the Mayor she seems to stop showing up in the teacher's lounge and you couldn't (to my knowledge) charm her before hand.

I'm on the apprentice path by the way.

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
Sorry - just to clear up confusion: I'm currently at the point where Gabby has been charmed. Using the "i am your master now" option on the mum doesn't let me charm her - so at this point have I already missed the opportunity to charm her?
The option does not cast the spell, you still have to do that yourself via your inventory, do it any time after using the necklace

Reactions: AdmiralNobody

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
Hello, I just gave this game a shot today and it's been a lot of fun. I was wondering if Ms. Jones ever shows up again? Once you get the Mayor she seems to stop showing up in the teacher's lounge and you couldn't (to my knowledge) charm her before hand.

I'm on the apprentice path by the way.
Yes, she will turn up later

Bazz

Sep 9, 2017
Great Game! Thank you Author!
Want a little expand story and actions for each characters, but it's a huge work.

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
Talk to Bambi and Janet and search in the history classroom a few times until you find the story 'death of kurndorf'

avn10.6.8

Jul 30, 2017
I forget but how do you get into sir ronalds house, their is a police women who will not let me thought can't remember how to get past this part on the apprentice path?

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
I forget but how do you get into sir ronalds house, their is a police women who will not let me thought can't remember how to get past this part on the apprentice path?
Speak to the Police Chief (after charming her)

Carmen Sandiego

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
Ok there seems to be a bug if you defeat Davy before charming Officer Khan, and this seems to be what is happening in the save you posted.

I have fixed this in the fix I posted above, if you load the save, beat Davy, charm Officer Khan and then talk to Mom then Sarah will turn up
Ah, so there was a bug? Cool, glad I helped bug fix something. Lol. Using the info you gave me to just manually set it myself I went on and played past it. Sara showed up and I charmed the three on the Gates estate and got Gabby too. Only people I haven't gotten are the Mom because it keeps saying effects of the demon linger and Amy Ross. I might just need to go further with Adele though.

I did notice one thing I felt like was an wrong. On the soft murder path the mc tells sara, sophia, and maybe a few other people that he/she killed Gates and there are a few monologues when the mc says it as well. That's not true, the mc left before gates died unless having an argument with somebody before somebody else shots them counts as having killed them yourself.

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
Ah, so there was a bug? Cool, glad I helped bug fix something. Lol. Using the info you gave me to just manually set it myself I went on and played past it. Sara showed up and I charmed the three on the Gates estate and got Gabby too. Only people I haven't gotten are the Mom because it keeps saying effects of the demon linger and Amy Ross. I might just need to go further with Adele though.

I did notice one thing I felt like was an wrong. On the soft murder path the mc tells sara, sophia, and maybe a few other people that he/she killed Gates and there are a few monologues when the mc says it as well. That's not true, the mc left before gates died unless having an argument with somebody before somebody else shots them counts as having killed them yourself.
For Mom please be aware you cannot charm her after the scene where you free her with the necklace. Just cast the spell during the scene freeing her and you can charm her

Amy cannot be charmed in this version of the game

There are some dialogues where it talks about you killing Sir Ronald on the Soft Murder path, I think all of these are correct, they are the people saying it, so it is their perception, and also one for Sofia where the author wanted it, as it was more you were intimidating her than telling the literal truth. Still I will review the dialogues but given the way the game is coded it can be a problem to find these

Carmen Sandiego

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
For Mom please be aware you cannot charm her after the scene where you free her with the necklace. Just cast the spell during the scene freeing her and you can charm her

Amy cannot be charmed in this version of the game

There are some dialogues where it talks about you killing Sir Ronald on the Soft Murder path, I think all of these are correct, they are the people saying it, so it is their perception, and also one for Sofia where the author wanted it, as it was more you were intimidating her than telling the literal truth. Still I will review the dialogues but given the way the game is coded it can be a problem to find these
I'm replaying now, without manually changing the variables so I'll try and keep that in mind. Last time I tried to charm her I don't think it worked but maybe I did something wrong.

Ah ok, cool. There is some dialogue when the mc talks to sarah, either when she gives him the aftane or info on Miku, and the player says to his/herself how he/she killed Rolland.
Edit:
Played through everything with your current compiled.js (at the time of this post) got through almost all of the content. Only issues where that Anita never shows up, Bambi's mom never shows up nor did Bambi change the cellar into a BDSM room so I can't transform Davy either. Other than that I got through all the current content, I think. I was looking at the credits and there were characters I've never seen. I know there are different police for UK but are there additional characters as well?

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
I'm replaying now, without manually changing the variables so I'll try and keep that in mind. Last time I tried to charm her I don't think it worked but maybe I did something wrong.

Ah ok, cool. There is some dialogue when the mc talks to sarah, either when she gives him the aftane or info on Miku, and the player says to his/herself how he/she killed Rolland.
Edit:
Played through everything with your current compiled.js (at the time of this post) got through almost all of the content. Only issues where that Anita never shows up, Bambi's mom never shows up nor did Bambi change the cellar into a BDSM room so I can't transform Davy either. Other than that I got through all the current content, I think. I was looking at the credits and there were characters I've never seen. I know there are different police for UK but are there additional characters as well?
Given your save from earlier where you ignored the mansion before taking out Davy it is possible Anita may of been skipped BUT try going to Ms. Jones office and cast Pass

Mia (Bambi's Mom) only arrives once you have a slave in the dungeon, and if Anita is not there then this does not happen, she is required for this.

There are no additional characters for the paths and regions, except
- Sofia is only charmable on the Murder path
- there are some enounters (uncharmable) with campers in the Wild Ranges for the US version only

Otherwise there are the Murder/Apprentice differences for Sarah, Lauren, Officer Khan, Gabby/Mom

4.30 star(s) 60 Votes