Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
How did you get the vase? The save does not show you asking Mrs Granger about it, meeting her at the museum, encountering. The save just has you initially meeting her at the start of the game.

I do not see how with that state to get the shop to be visible aside from cheating. Hit F12 and in the javascript console type
setPlaceKnown("MechanicsShop")
and it is available now. Unsure if this will cause problems elsewhere though, probably will be ok
It's possible to get the vase without sending her to look for it.
Once you've got the posession spell and charmed the mayor, you don't need to send her to the museum at all, since you can just possess Gina to remove her necklace at home, then charm and pick it up, reopen the museum and then go take the vase without Gina being a problem.

e6mill

Aug 4, 2022
Once you've got the posession spell and charmed the mayor, you don't need to send her to the museum at all, since you can just possess Gina to remove her necklace at home, then charm and pick it up, reopen the museum and then go take the vase without Gina being a problem.
And miss out on the ER nurse?

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
Probably that is what happened for them, but it is not what should be happening in the game. Until Mrs Granger locates it you should not know what vase to look at or similar

EDIT:
there are a couple of issues relating to the vase and going these different paths in the game. I am fixing now but it will need a bug fix release. So far there are few other reported issues and those are in limited conditions like model selection cases.

Attached is a fix but it has had little testing so far, but it
- add the vase question for Mrs Granger at home
- makes it so the vase will not appear unless you send her looking for it in the first place
To use, download, unzip and copy into the Javascripts folder in the game

EDIT: additional fix added for gem questions

Last edited:

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
And miss out on the ER nurse?
Pretty sure she can be found through at the hotel pool as well iirc.

Probably that is what happened for them, but it is not what should be happening in the game. Until Mrs Granger locates it you should not know what vase to look at or similar
It's been doable like that for a long time though.
Until now, the mechanic shop was automatically unlocking once acquiring the vase without ever asking Mrs Granger about it.
If that was unintended, then you've managed to unwittingly fix it now! :LOL:

Ryofu888

Jun 3, 2017
How do i unlock the mechanic shop? Previously i could always find the mechanic shop at the shops but this round i have the vase but i cannot seem to access the mechanic shop and am stuck trying to get the gem. I am trying the mod that comes with the game sevren mod? Not sure if this affected this?

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
How do i unlock the mechanic shop? Previously i could always find the mechanic shop at the shops but this round i have the vase but i cannot seem to access the mechanic shop and am stuck trying to get the gem. I am trying the mod that comes with the game sevren mod? Not sure if this affected this?
Please check my post above

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
Ah so does that mean the vase is a dead end atm? If it is i will just wait for the fix. Thank you for the updates and bug fixes
You can apply the fix I posted above to address your issue, then go and talk to Mrs Granger
OR
use the javascript workaround I posted above that
OR
repeat the events and have Mrs Granger find the vase and have her attack Gina

Dreamer44

Dec 19, 2019

EDIT:
there are a couple of issues relating to the vase and going these different paths in the game. I am fixing now but it will need a bug fix release. So far there are few other reported issues and those are in limited conditions like model selection cases.

Attached is a fix but it has had little testing so far, but it
- add the vase question for Mrs Granger at home
- makes it so the vase will not appear unless you send her looking for it in the first place
To use, download, unzip and copy into the Javascripts folder in the game
Ah, no wonder I couldn' t proceed that quest. Thanks!

Darklord1234

Jul 13, 2018
No idea how I never played this before. On another note why the fuck does almost every html game have that piece of shit James Deen as an avatar? Dude is a shitstain.

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
Am I reading this right, 7 years?
Yeah.
It's been effectively "complete" for quite a while though, with an ending/endings, and it's largely been just expanding the roster and world while refining different parts here & there.

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
No idea how I never played this before. On another note why the fuck does almost every html game have that piece of shit James Deen as an avatar? Dude is a shitstain.
He was the male avatar chosen by the original author of the game. There are multiple other male avatars you can choose from and he is now the last choice by default, retained as he was the original authors choice

shojenzu

Sep 2, 2020
I was playing and since I now know almost everything about the game I noticed that something has changed... no problem the game is very intuitive but I noticed that Ms Titus wasn't giving me the scroll to get the possession spell, I tried to bypass with the cheats and I succeeded until it didn't even make me go to the mechanic anymore to get the other spell, surely if I try again everything will be fine but anyway I'm writing it just to inform you what happened to me

the update is beautiful great job if I may suggest something I can do here?

PS. some images could not be seen, such as those of the new school librarian

4.30 star(s) 60 Votes