evanpiper896

Nov 17, 2017
How do I proc Mechanic in the shops? I have obtained the dragon eye gem and banished kurndorf - its been maybe 2 weeks of in game time since then and I can't get Hannah to pop up

Siphon

Aug 18, 2016
On the Murder path it says to cast 'Pass' in the rear of Gates' mansion, but that doesn't work even after I charm Khan and ask her to send the police away. I can get around it by going with her back to the station, but then there isn't a letter that the guide tells me to pick up.

strykernoscope

Sep 22, 2019
Do the instructions for creating mods still work? I'm thinking of creating a bondage mod but the compiler wouldn't work. It tells me that the system cannot find the file or the path specified.

I can kind of work around it by replacing images by copy and pasting directly but I can't change the text in the javascript with the same method.

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
On the Murder path it says to cast 'Pass' in the rear of Gates' mansion, but that doesn't work even after I charm Khan and ask her to send the police away. I can get around it by going with her back to the station, but then there isn't a letter that the guide tells me to pick up.
Please make sure you are using version 14.14a, apply it and check when you start the game it list s you as playing 14.14a
Thanks, but I also downloaded that at the same time!
As above, does the game say you are using 14.14a? Check the index page above the change log

Do the instructions for creating mods still work? I'm thinking of creating a bondage mod but the compiler wouldn't work. It tells me that the system cannot find the file or the path specified.

I can kind of work around it by replacing images by copy and pasting directly but I can't change the text in the javascript with the same method.
No problems I know of, do you have Java properly installed. The compiler uses the Google Closure Compiler, a JAva commandline tool

Siphon

Aug 18, 2016
Please make sure you are using version 14.14a, apply it and check when you start the game it list s you as playing 14.14a
I did, still no letter in the secret passage. Just his diary and a stone. Using Cheat Mode it seems the Letter is in Location 67... Which doesn't exist.

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
I did, still no letter in the secret passage. Just his diary and a stone. Using Cheat Mode it seems the Letter is in Location 67... Which doesn't exist.
You probably started the game using version 14.14, the letter is not important and can be missed. Either ignore or move it to location 297

strykernoscope

Sep 22, 2019

As above, does the game say you are using 14.14a? Check the index page above the change log

No problems I know of, do you have Java properly installed. The compiler uses the Google Closure Compiler, a JAva commandline tool
Yeah, I downloaded the latest java but still the same issue. Sorry I'm very new to javascript. Can you give me a more detailed rundown on specifically what you do to compile?

The mod is in the mod folder and I've followed your readme, but when I open the compiler in the development folder it says compile failed for both the default mods and also the main game and then locks me out on startup (can't start new game or load)

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
Yeah, I downloaded the latest java but still the same issue. Sorry I'm very new to javascript. Can you give me a more detailed rundown on specifically what you do to compile?

The mod is in the mod folder and I've followed your readme, but when I open the compiler in the development folder it says compile failed for both the default mods and also the main game and then locks me out on startup (can't start new game or load)
Can you show me a screenshot or paste the error for me to see?

Also try running the check.bat, the compile.bat can make many errors more obscure, but check is a lot clearer. See what that shows. It may just be you have an error in your new javascript code or it is a pathing error for Java for the compiler itself.

strykernoscope

Sep 22, 2019
Can you show me a screenshot or paste the error for me to see?

Also try running the check.bat, the compile.bat can make many errors more obscure, but check is a lot clearer. See what that shows. It may just be you have an error in your new javascript code or it is a pathing error for Java for the compiler itself.
Here's the screenshot:
1698971952132.png

It doesn't seem to be detecting the mod at all? But if I run compile it would break the game even without the mod folder.

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
The issue is likely where you have the Java tool installed. There is a difference of the Java runtime, what your browser uses and the Java Development Kit (JDK).It needs t be able to use java.exe usually in the JDK but can be elsewhere. In this bat file it is using
c:\jdk20
this can vary widely on your system. Try
a) remove all instances of c:\jdk20\bin\
and try again
b) install the latest JDK whereever you like, and edit c:\jdk20 to point to your new install

Lastly you do not technically need to compile , what is needed is
a) copy your detailsx.js into the Mods folder, eg copy details3.js into Mods/details3.js
b) merge all your .js files (except that one) for your mod into one file, so open one and append the others to it. Then save as compiled.js in the Mod folder eg
Mods/MyMod/compiled.js. Use any text editor or there is code in compile.bat you can extract to do it

strykernoscope

Sep 22, 2019
I followed your first two steps on jdk20 and now it compiles, I can compile the game proper now but I'm still having trouble making the mod work. Even when I use MoniqueAva or SevernValley and just replace the code it's still giving me an "The system cannot find the file specified" error when I try to compile. Everything else (except my mod) compiles fine, I can work on the content but still can't get the mod reference working.

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
I followed your first two steps on jdk20 and now it compiles, I can compile the game proper now but I'm still having trouble making the mod work. Even when I use MoniqueAva or SevernValley and just replace the code it's still giving me an "The system cannot find the file specified" error when I try to compile. Everything else (except my mod) compiles fine, I can work on the content but still can't get the mod reference working.
So to check, just with the base game and no additional mod folders etc the compile works with no errors?

Then you say you replaced the javascript in an existing mod with your version and you get errors?

If this is the case can you pm or otherwise send me the code to check or preferably the entire folder for the mod

Another way is edit the bat file and remove all lines starting
Code:
@echo
additionally remove the @ at the start of any lines. Then run again. A lot more error information will be shown and may give some better information on your issue

PS
probably the errors is saying it cannot see the correct subfolders like
Mods/mymod/Javascripts
Mods/mymod/Javascripts/Source

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 59 Votes