Jan 24, 2020
Hi i'm stuck, when Sarah talked to me about darkness i didn't catch that i was starting the vampire storyline so i didn't do anything, now i think i fucked up because when i visit her at sir Gates home she's in her room with the vampire and they attack me and always lose
Do i have to start over?
You needed to give her the book.

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
Hello, is the game over? Or will there be more content in the future? Sorry, English is not my first language.
No, it is still in development

Hi i'm stuck, when Sarah talked to me about darkness i didn't catch that i was starting the vampire storyline so i didn't do anything, now i think i fucked up because when i visit her at sir Gates home she's in her room with the vampire and they attack me and always lose
Do i have to start over?
You messed up. The game does autosave every night. You may have a save then from before the issue. When the vampyre attacks you have until the following night to find and charm her, if you did not give Sarah the book.

Otherwise short of using the cheat menu you are locked out of Sarah and should really start over

Reactions: -Hex-

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
Hi, love the game. Can someone magically reset the Mom/Gabby event? Would appreciate if someone does!
Do i have to start over?
Hi there,
if you download the attachment, unzip and copy the file compiled.js into the folder
Javascripts
in your game installation, this changes the cheat menu

Select View People
Vampyre - now has a Reset option to reset back her events to just after asking Sarah about her
Mom - has an option to reset her back to just about to leave for work

The Mom ones are quite awkward to reset completely, but should be ok, and should only be used AFTER she leaves for work, before that and it may mess up your game
The ones for Lilith should be safe, but again should only really be used AFTER first trying the events

Last edited:
Reactions: boblen

Peter Thompson

Feb 18, 2018
Hi there,
first of all I really like this game even tho I find it kind of challenging.

I like to try solving games and riddles by myself but I have to admit I dont want to spend to much time finding a path when I feel stuck. So using a walkthrough from time to time is my personal way to cheat a little.

This brings me to my question:
Are there any good walkthroughs besides those on the wiki-page?
And is the content lenght of all 3 paths (murder, cons, appr) roughly the same or is one of the paths much longer then the others?

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
And is the content lenght of all 3 paths (murder, cons, appr) roughly the same or is one of the paths much longer then the others?
The amount of content is the same for the paths, except on the Murder path you can charm a person you cannot on the Apprentice path, but then there are a couple of events with said character you cannot see on the Murder path

guest1492

Apr 28, 2018
I just finished playing the soft/false murder path as a male character. Currently I am trying to do the conspiracy path as a female. I'm stuck because I cannot manage to find the possess spell. Ms. Titus is not offering me a scroll and I've went all over town looking for it.

The walkthrough only says that for male characters, Ms. Titus will give you the scroll. It says nothing about females.

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
I just finished playing the soft/false murder path as a male character. Currently I am trying to do the conspiracy path as a female. I'm stuck because I cannot manage to find the possess spell. Ms. Titus is not offering me a scroll and I've went all over town looking for it.

The walkthrough only says that for male characters, Ms. Titus will give you the scroll. It says nothing about females.
Mr Beasley will teach you the spell

guest1492

Apr 28, 2018
Mr Beasley will teach you the spell
After learning Charm, Mr. Beasley doesn't show up again until after I get thrown in jail trying to steal the dragon vase. ATM, I need to learn possession in order to get Gina's heirloom necklace. If I show up in front of Mr. Beasley without it, he will charm me and I get a game over.

Do I have to wait until the weekend so I can learn the chant from Alison?

EDIT: I found out that Mr. Beasley shows up again after I find the hotel cellar (or maybe when I meet Jessica) so I just need to make sure I see him before trying to steal the dragon vase. I was trying to be efficient by getting the hotel plans and closing the museum (after being jailed) in one trip.

Last edited:

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
After learning Charm, Mr. Beasley doesn't show up again until after I get thrown in jail trying to steal the dragon vase. ATM, I need to learn possession in order to get Gina's heirloom necklace. If I show up in front of Mr. Beasley without it, he will charm me and I get a game over.

Do I have to wait until the weekend so I can learn the chant from Alison?
Yes, or go to the Church if it is available and get Pamela's bracelet

Reactions: guest1492

CharleyT

Jun 12, 2018
Please see the Apprentice walkthrough included in version 14.8.1, it has a walkthrough for the Mom and Gabby events at the end

Basically, check Gabbys office and then talk to someone who will be there, Sarah Gates or Mayor Thomas. They will take you to it
I've tried both now Sarah and the Mayor more than once, they both said they would help me get ready and everything, but then I kill time till before 6pm and neither one of them have a "get ready" or "leave" option...seems to be a bug maybe? I've tried going without them too but of course the townhall just closes.

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
I've tried both now Sarah and the Mayor more than once, they both said they would help me get ready and everything, but then I kill time till before 6pm and neither one of them have a "get ready" or "leave" option...seems to be a bug maybe? I've tried going without them too but of course the townhall just closes.
It is not clear what is going wrong for you here, I am not aware of any issues for these events in version 14.10 or later.

Please post your save game for me to check, save to file and attach to a post if you can or use the export option and post the text in a spoiler in a post here.

Reactions: CharleyT

CharleyT

Jun 12, 2018
In the game, open the save game page, and select 'Save To File' it is not made obscure there
I was in the LOAD save, lmao! What can I say, I'm a dummy! ;) In this save I had already went to the mayor and had the Conference talk, but I did notice that it was also still available at Sarah, when the time before when I used Sarah, I noticed the talk was NOT available at the Mayor...not sure what that means, but anyway here's the save and thank you! Sorry to make you work. :(

Reactions: cmacleod42

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
I was in the LOAD save, lmao! What can I say, I'm a dummy! ;) In this save I had already went to the mayor and had the Conference talk, but I did notice that it was also still available at Sarah, when the time before when I used Sarah, I noticed the talk was NOT available at the Mayor...not sure what that means, but anyway here's the save and thank you! Sorry to make you work. :(
No worries
BUT
there is a problem, I cannot load that file into the current version of the game, 14.10.1. From a little that is logged it does appear to be from that version but there is something wrong, it could be incomplete or it is not saved at the right place, or at least not from a loaded save as such

To make this did you
a) load one of your saves at the appropriate point, and possibly go somewhere etc
b) then open the save page and select 'Save To File'
c) then post the file saved to your browser default download folder

I do not really see why you would not of done this process but just checking. It is smaller than most save files, definitely one for late in the game, these are commonly 3kb, twice the size of the file you attached. There is a little variation in size based on things like photos saved but generally not a huge difference.

Could you repeat and update your post with the updated file?

CharleyT

Jun 12, 2018
No worries
BUT
there is a problem, I cannot load that file into the current version of the game, 14.10.1. From a little that is logged it does appear to be from that version but there is something wrong, it could be incomplete or it is not saved at the right place, or at least not from a loaded save as such

To make this did you
a) load one of your saves at the appropriate point, and possibly go somewhere etc
b) then open the save page and select 'Save To File'
c) then post the file saved to your browser default download folder

I do not really see why you would not of done this process but just checking. It is smaller than most save files, definitely one for late in the game, these are commonly 3kb, twice the size of the file you attached. There is a little variation in size based on things like photos saved but generally not a huge difference.

Could you repeat and update your post with the updated file?
Again I messed it up, I didn't first load a save (now I notice the game looks all different), and I can no longer load the save with that name, it now says turn 0, and is at the top?...but maybe the one before that will help?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: cmacleod42

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
Again I messed it up, I didn't first load a save (now I notice the game looks all different), and I can no longer load the save with that name, it now says turn 0, and is at the top?...but maybe the one before that will help?
Thanks, that works, I will check and get back to you

EDIT:
everything worked just fine for me. Please do note when you ask Mayor Thomas the conference is TOMORROW at 6pm, so after talking to her you can only leave for now. The notes in your phone do say this as well.
Go and talk to Mr Beasley about the necklace, then do other things until the following day and then visit the Mayor again well before 6pm. Choose the option to wait with her and then the conference will happen and as you talked to Mr Beasley you can charm Gabby etc

Last edited:

-Hex-

Purging Heresy
Donor
Compressor
Sep 18, 2017
Apprentice path here, i'm trying to find a way to charm lauren and have access to sarah gates room, but lauren never appears in any location of the gates mansion and sarah is always in the room with ronald gates, but i can't interact in any way with her

4.30 star(s) 60 Votes