cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
Been having HUGE problems with events not triggering in this version of the game. I've had to cheat multiple times to 'induce' triggering of events. Can't figure out how to do that with the Vampyre, though. I've defeated Kurndorf, defeated Davy, freed Jessica and defeated the demon, been to the Gates' mansion many times, but the bit with Sarah being afraid of the vampyre just won't happen.

Also, the Dragon Gem has been sitting on the floor of Hannah's Mechanic shop for weeks, and I can't figure out how to pick it up. Hannah's probably using it for a space heater by now. This is what's so frustrating about this game- ' You must do X and Y before you can do Z'. But with the Dragon Gem: Tongs? Oven Mitts? A pair of pliers, located on a workbench all of 3 feet from where the Dragon Gem sits on the floor in the Mechanic's shop? The MC can't think of any of this shit? Of course not, because that's not how the game works.

Anyway, apologies to the developer. I really do love this game, that's why I'm still playing it, despite these frustrations.

I'm trying to save Leann now but the current version of the Walkthrough makes no mention of the Ritual of Return, let alone how to set that up. ( I got the term 'ritual of return' from reading someone's post, on this site, not the walkthrough) I remember from previous versions of the game that the Vampyre is needed to save Leann, but, well, read the above. I'm stuck. Helllllllllllllllllllpppppppp!
Sarah's events are dependent on completing other events, it is just the game delaying this to a certain point. I do not immediately remember the exact conditiond, but the major one is defeat Legion, I will check and let you know this evening

You cannot ever pick up the Dragon Gem, period. But someone else can for you

The Ritual of Return is taught to you by someone with a LOT of occult experience
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The Vampyre is not strictly needed, if you do the Ritual correctly

Also you note
I've had to cheat multiple times to 'induce' triggering of events.
This can badly break later events in the game, so any number of issues can be a result of doing this

Reactions: Ishnaga'untaar
Sep 8, 2017
Sarah's events are dependent on completing other events, it is just the game delaying this to a certain point. I do not immediately remember the exact conditiond, but the major one is defeat Legion, I will check and let you know this evening

You cannot ever pick up the Dragon Gem, period. But someone else can for you

The Ritual of Return is taught to you by someone with a LOT of occult experience
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The Vampyre is not strictly needed, if you do the Ritual correctly

Also you note

This can badly break later events in the game, so any number of issues can be a result of doing this
Thanks!

Sep 8, 2017
I don't know why you haven't at least read the walkthrough that comes with the game or I dunno, use the search bar. Like 10 seconds it would take me to find the relevant action.
Use the search bar? What do you mean? The search bar in my browser? Tried that, doesn't work.
"Like 10 seconds it would take me to find the relevant action." Maybe you're using a different browser. Good for you.

And you're right, I didn't read the entire walkthrough, from start to finish, because I prefer not to know exactly what's going to happen after I do a thing, before I do it. I find the story more engaging that way- but maybe that's just me.

Also, if I annoy you so much, why bother to respond to my post?

Deepsea

Apr 20, 2017
Use the search bar?
Also, if I annoy you so much, why bother to respond to my post?
Pic related.

Because you are not the first nor the last to ask anine questions that can easily be answered. You'd do yourself more favor by seeking and finding the answer yourself rather than wait for someone to answer it.

Reactions: Reij

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
Sarah's events are dependent on completing other events, it is just the game delaying this to a certain point. I do not immediately remember the exact condition, but the major one is defeat Legion, I will check and let you know this evening
The only requirement for the event with Sarah and the Vampyre are
- you have done the Seance
- you have visited Sarah enough times
- and you are in her room at the Mansion

There is a flag to track visits and activity with Sarah and another for when the Seance has happened maybe you broke things when you
I've had to cheat multiple times to 'induce' triggering of events.
Please open the Cheat menu, View People, locate Sarah, what is the first value in "Other + Extra"
Also check Kurndorf, what are the 5 values for the same

Sep 8, 2017
Pic related.

Because you are not the first nor the last to ask anine questions that can easily be answered. You'd do yourself more favor by seeking and finding the answer yourself rather than wait for someone to answer it.
Didn't know I could use the search bar on the F95 site to search posts within a thread. Now I do. Thank you. I hereby forgive your peevishness, and apologize for my own.

JoeSixpack

Feb 18, 2020
This game is unrelated to 'Girl's Life' so I guess you posted this in the wrong thread?
thanks for the answer and sorry to have been a bit unclear:

it was more in the likes of having two games with some genre overlap and asking what are the unique features standing out in ASA and to understand a bit what to expect. (like does it has a bigger scope, smaller scope, does it feature animated gifs or does it has other strenghts). im sure both have their unique angle and strenghts and that was what i was curious about before starting :)

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
thanks for the answer and sorry to have been a bit unclear:

it was more in the likes of having two games with some genre overlap and asking what are the unique features standing out in ASA and to understand a bit what to expect. (like does it has a bigger scope, smaller scope, does it feature animated gifs or does it has other strenghts). im sure both have their unique angle and strenghts and that was what i was curious about before starting :)
I am not very familiar with 'Girl Life' I tried it some time ago and did not particularly like it so I cannot do a comparison

From my understanding 'Girl Life' is a slice of life game with supernatural elements can be present. So with a game/time loop building relationships. A Spell For All has a day loop but it is a puzzle game, not a slice of life and it is not about building relationships but magically creating them

This game is primarily focused on magic based Mind Control, with some later transformation options, some supernatural beings, but it is all about the Mind Control.
There are some animations but they are not a common element in the game, they are present, more so for some characters.

Reactions: JoeSixpack

JoeSixpack

Feb 18, 2020
I am not very familiar with 'Girl Life' I tried it some time ago and did not particularly like it so I cannot do a comparison

From my understanding 'Girl Life' is a slice of life game with supernatural elements can be present. So with a game/time loop building relationships. A Spell For All has a day loop but it is a puzzle game, not a slice of life and it is not about building relationships but magically creating them

This game is primarily focused on magic based Mind Control, with some later transformation options, some supernatural beings, but it is all about the Mind Control.
There are some animations but they are not a common element in the game, they are present, more so for some characters.
oh yes, thats great ! thank you very much indeed. it sounds awesome and i got it now.

vimey

Nov 29, 2020
I wish we could do more with Davy after he is charmed and transformed into a girl

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
how can i reset miss Logan event guys ?
Is what way do you want the reset Miss Logan? You can change her charm type in the game by re-charming her

If you want the rest back to the alternate process for charming her currently this your would have to reset her charm state of uncharmed and reset all flags and other variables, but it would be best just to load an earlier save game and reply these events from there

4.30 star(s) 60 Votes