siguwe

Feb 20, 2024
View attachment 1754467

Overview:
A Struggle With Sin is the story of a fantasy world in the midst of a civil war.
Rising taxes and raids by orcs and bandits make each villager act according to their own needs first.
Will you become like the others in this corrupt society? Or will you stay true to yourself and find a way out of the chaos that surrounds you?​

Thread Updated: 2024-01-22
Release Date: 2024-01-19
Developer: Chyos - -
Censored: No
Version: 0.5.7.0c
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

I like this game

BBC King

May 8, 2021
Progress On 0.5.8.0 And Some Thoughts On It

Good afternoon,

the week is almost over, so time to give you an update on my progress.

This week I've been mostly working on the implementation of the scenes for Kate and Claire. For Claire, I had to add a few transitional animations to make her scene a bit more comprehensible. I've also been working on animations for another scene for her which will follow as a later consequence to the first one (it's not built in yet though).

Kate's scene is finished so far, but I'm thinking about adding the animation used with a different background in a different place (this has more of a it would be nice character, so is further down the todo list).

Carmen's scene is unfortunately not yet integrated and the conclusion of the journey quest (which I talked about in my last report) has not yet been fully implemented either. I'll see how far I get with it today, but overall I'll definitely take some work with me into next week.

This raised the question for me as to what I should focus on or where I should make the cut in order to complete this update in the coming week if possible.
Meaning: Do I completely cut out the planned short story for Carmen & Bjorn and just concentrate on Kate & Claire + a bit of sexy time with Carmen/MC and optionally Claire/Bjorn?
Or do I stick to my original plans, which will mean that it will take me longer to complete the update but have to get most if not all of my planned content in.

I had first considered taking a vote on this, but since there would probably be no satisfactory result in this case, I decided to make the decision myself in such a way that it satisfactorily concludes the plot. Meaning: I'll take longer for the update.
Some may like this, some not, but I think it's what's best for the game. And otherwise the shortstory would probably never be implemented at all (or much later), which would be sad since it took some time to make the script for it and it was something I had in mind when creating the characters.

But I still want to give you something to play by the end of the month. Which is why I will release an inbetween update (0.5.7.6) which will give you the by then finished scenes for Kate & Claire and also also allows to continue the quest for Kate & Claire up to the point where the travel to Kirlic would happen. The shortstory for Carmen & Bjorn will then follow a week after that (hopefully it won't take longer than that).

Now I'm back to working on it.
I wish you all a relaxing weekend!

oxxxymiron123

Jul 17, 2022
who has already played 5.7.5?
There are memories in a dream, how to get it?

-Dream system to replay scenes that became unavailable (Only scenes you have activated are available, currently there are 4: 2 for Emily (ntr with bandits )

There, the quest to capture Imavin is limited by time, I received two NTR scenes with bandits and one scene in four with Imavin, but she is not displayed in the dream

Значок Проверено сообществу

Matiur13

Nov 23, 2020
Orc + Elf = Human

Human + Elf = Half-Elf

Human + Dwarf = Hobbit/Halfling

(White) Human + Orc = Black People???

Not the weirdest fantasy lore I've come across but damn
In the game Humans "Devolved" from Orcs, little by little, thanks to the work of Athia, Isha and Uldar.

I see Bianca as a mestizo/halfling but not a Hobbit (I take Hobbits as been even smaller than Dwarves). Hobbits aren't formally introduced in the game.
To me she is a Dwarf sized human with big foots.

About "(White) Human + Orc = Black People???", you are right.
It was even more weird when Katherine was a Caucasian.

Last edited:

CtrlF

Jun 8, 2022
I appreciate some help.

The game doesn't open. A warning box pops up but instantly disappears. debug log has the following error message.
I tried starting the game three times. Below is the debug log.

[0330/180715.849:WARNING:minidump_to_upload_parameters.cc(66)] duplicate annotation name metrics_client_id, discarding value ad41b189165c4fc397d64dcbd8bfc8d1
[0330/180715.852:ERROR:http_transport_win.cc(175)] WinHttpCrackUrl: The URL does not use a recognized protocol (0x2ee6)
[0330/212558.609:WARNING:minidump_to_upload_parameters.cc(66)] duplicate annotation name metrics_client_id, discarding value 3de85db27bc940ee8e51a6f24c59f70a
[0330/212558.612:ERROR:http_transport_win.cc(175)] WinHttpCrackUrl: The URL does not use a recognized protocol (0x2ee6)
[0330/212809.800:WARNING:minidump_to_upload_parameters.cc(66)] duplicate annotation name metrics_client_id, discarding value 7860447c8b7b4dab8b87da378b6f55de
[0330/212809.803:ERROR:http_transport_win.cc(175)] WinHttpCrackUrl: The URL does not use a recognized protocol (0x2ee6)

I know next to nothing about coding or dewbugging. Someone plz help me fix this issue. Thanks.

XSelLint

Jan 14, 2022
who has already played 5.7.5?
There are memories in a dream, how to get it?

-Dream system to replay scenes that became unavailable (Only scenes you have activated are available, currently there are 4: 2 for Emily (ntr with bandits )

There, the quest to capture Imavin is limited by time, I received two NTR scenes with bandits and one scene in four with Imavin, but she is not displayed in the dream

View attachment 3493813
I got one scene from watching Emily and Marcus getting it on in the Prologue. So, wait are these Dreams NTR's only?

sefronalex

Jan 20, 2019
hello everyone ... someone please help
how to convince Bjorn
i hope you find something to do here while we stay
what to do .... thank you
This quest is not completed yet. But you can play a dice game with him. after win al money your give back the money and gain a favor.

• Red Heart
Reactions: valley57

kellycelly

Aug 9, 2018
  1. If you continue the event with Arianna & Kate Rick will eventually wake up. You now have the option to invite him in, if you decide against it he won't show up again (This is for those who don't want to share). If you allowed him once he will show up again, you can then choose to ignore him or let him join.
--------------------------------

I've been trying, but Rick doesn't happen
What's the problem?

Emi260297

Aug 10, 2021
  1. If you continue the event with Arianna & Kate Rick will eventually wake up. You now have the option to invite him in, if you decide against it he won't show up again (This is for those who don't want to share). If you allowed him once he will show up again, you can then choose to ignore him or let him join.

What's the problem?
If NTR is disabled or your corruption is too high Rick won't join (He will have a conversation with Arianna about puppets instead).

Reactions: Gviruz

Matiur13

Nov 23, 2020

What's the problem?
It takes 2/3 "sessions" with the girls for Rick to wake up because you are been "noisy".
Keep switching the girl you f**k, switching positions, and make the girls come more than once.

BBC King

May 8, 2021
Weekly Status Report

Good morning,

as you've probably guessed, I was in crunch mode yesterday and didn't want to spend an extra half hour writing a report, which is why I'm doing this today, now that the update is somewhat released.

I've already written in the release post that I didn't get everything into 0.5.7.7 what I wanted to. The reason for this was that I changed parts of the planned script again. Parts of Carmen's background story that I had already written were completely thrown out because I didn't like them at all during the test runs. Unfortunately, this happens from time to time, I write something and then when I see and read the scene in the game I don't like it and I rewrite it again.
Another reason for the incomplete content was an extended work on new animations and transition images. As you have maybe noticed there is a new scene with Claire inside the MC's bedroom at the old boar inn (if you stop in the middle when interacting with her in the hallway). Originally this scene wasn't planned but I added it because some people probably don't want to do any sharing stuff with Bjorn. Because of that all images needed an additional background render (so this costs double the time that it usually would). And I also decided to add a little buildup to the scene since that is what usually sets the mood.
I've also decided to add the animations with Kate at the inn that were originally only planned for the wagonride (I originally put this on low priority but in the end decided to do it to give Kate some interaction at the inn in the afternoon). This scene still feels a bit short and I have indeed been working on another animation for Kate, but that isn't implemented yet.

There have also been some calculation problems with the poker minigame that I had to fix. I hope it now always finds the correct winner, but if for some reason it doesn't then please let me know!

Another idea I had when writing the story was to include animations for flashbacks. For example, for Claire when she visited the Inn when she was young, or for Carmen as she tells her life story. That would have given the whole thing a completely different format, but it would have also meant a lot of extra work. What do you generally think of something like this? Not necessarily now, but maybe in the future (maybe as a bonus scene).

Well. Anyway, I plan to add the missing scenes next week and then publish another update. And then of course I'd like to finish the update as soon as possible so that I can finally work on Penny's update.

But now I'm trying to recover from the past week.
On that note, happy easter to you all!

4.60 star(s) 134 Votes