Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
This is such an interesting conversation, but I just want to know if the Dude talked about a release date for 0.5.5.0 :coffee:

MidnightKing

Jun 27, 2017
Speaking of party members, are they any plans for more permanent party members? I'd imagine Imawyn would maybe become one at some point

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
Speaking of party members, are they any plans for more permanent party members? I'd imagine Imawyn would maybe become one at some point
Turns out, no, at least permanent ones.
He has plans to make Mira an healer but is unsure on that, or Bianca some kind of thief.
Sabrina maybe one day when her questline with start.
But other than those, all the others aren’t planned, not even Imawyn

Reactions: MidnightKing

MidnightKing

Jun 27, 2017
Interesting. I do think it would be nice to have more at some point. Besides just having a 4th party member, it would be cool to have a variable party makeup and be able to put a bit more thought into combat in general. I get why that would be super low priority though

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Interesting. I do think it would be nice to have more at some point. Besides just having a 4th party member, it would be cool to have a variable party makeup and be able to put a bit more thought into combat in general. I get why that would be super low priority though
I am not so sure... gameplay was always a strong focus for ASWS

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
It would be cool in General a little overhaul of the combat, after the 8th playthrough it gets a bit stale.
There is no variation at the beginning of the game, you learn the skills later.
Different strategies are the key of a fun gameplay in rpgs

MidnightKing

Jun 27, 2017
It would be cool in General a little overhaul of the combat, after the 8th playthrough it gets a bit stale.
There is no variation at the beginning of the game, you learn the skills later.
Different strategies are the key of a fun gameplay in rpgs
Very much agree. I'm always a fan of variety/choices when it comes to RPG combat. The more the merrier really. I remember one of my gripes being that there was a pretty small selection of equipment as well. Though I'm pretty sure I remember reading that more got added in one of the updates since I last played.

I could probably come up with ideas extensively about this

Reactions: zARRR

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Very much agree. I'm always a fan of variety/choices when it comes to RPG combat. The more the merrier really. I remember one of my gripes being that there was a pretty small selection of equipment as well. Though I'm pretty sure I remember reading that more got added in one of the updates since I last played.

Sadly Armors are only really scaleing just now, with the thief armor being the best.
haveing an armor focusing of evasion and speed rather than defence and another for high magic damage but being paper thin and another one being an impenetrable fortress weigthing the wearer to a snail would be a good start.
We certainly have more weapons than armor just now... and even there the shadowgem weapons are unparalelled

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
Well combat certainly CAN be advanced gameplay in RPGM games... it would need some more work and adding a few deeper Levels of Tactics to become more than jsut an attack spammer... but the fundaments are already there... I kinda have high expectations in the next rework Update
Jump with me on the copium train!
Choo choo!

He has a biiig list of reworking shit, and even if he doesn’t finish them all, he will keep adding improvements.
He once said to me that he even wanted to make a complete update only about the hunting mechanic

I know right?
Even if in the end I keep replaying the same build because I am more secure on that, it’s always fun to change build halfway through for certain boss fights or boredom.
I addressed the equipment in the notes, they should be more about variety and stats, rather than defense only.

Oh do tell me, King of the midnight, my imagination and strategic analysis has pondered many moons on a fun and engaging gameplay with different breaking builds.
Then the irritating part would be balancing and learn how to code.
I already said it, but fuck you coding, gatekeeping my dreams.

MidnightKing

Jun 27, 2017
I know right?
Even if in the end I keep replaying the same build because I am more secure on that, it’s always fun to change build halfway through for certain boss fights or boredom.
I addressed the equipment in the notes, they should be more about variety and stats, rather than defense only.

Oh do tell me, King of the midnight, my imagination and strategic analysis has pondered many moons on a fun and engaging gameplay with different breaking builds.
Then the irritating part would be balancing and learn how to code.
I already said it, but fuck you coding, gatekeeping my dreams.
Funnily enough I do the same thing. Having multiple options to me is like "hey sweet I got this item/equipment/party member, which I probably won't use, but it's neat that I can."

My already shaky memory is going to be worse on this part, but there's currently wars going on in the game correct? Makes me wonder what cool things could come out of that as well, considering we have our own mercenary company and all that. Could even get the Rumah warriors involved in some kind of strategic battle system. Shamelessly going to plug The Last Sovereign, but one of the many reasons I love that game is the huge war events that take place and how involved you are as a player in them.

Reactions: zARRR

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Funnily enough I do the same thing. Having multiple options to me is like "hey sweet I got this item/equipment/party member, which I probably won't use, but it's neat that I can."

My already shaky memory is going to be worse on this part, but there's currently wars going on in the game correct? Makes me wonder what cool things could come out of that as well, considering we have our own mercenary company and all that. Could even get the Rumah warriors involved in some kind of strategic battle system. Shamelessly going to plug The Last Sovereign, but one of the many reasons I love that game is the huge war events that take place and how involved you are as a player in them.
For starters we had a war among mercaneries and Bandits/Brigands and some skirmishes with Orcs while currently prepareing for the final showdown with them.
Maybe we'll keep some Orcs alive and add them to our forces.
We also prepare an expedition into the mines to deal with the Goblins and their leaders.

What's next?
King Eric and Van going at each others throats while some outside force is attempting to seize land from the weakened factions.
MC can either ally with either of those factions or oppose them all... though we have no idea how this would even fan out.
Oh and let's not forget about that strange cult... they grew from a rebellious faction into this and are lead by Demons.

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020

For now there aren’t that many wars, just a couple of ambushes against certain rebels and orcs.
But eventually…

4.60 star(s) 141 Votes