harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
Sadly many male protagonist RPG: don’t arrive at the same quality/content of ASWS or PQ, there are inspired ones like Of Lust and pride or Flame of desire which exist, but for now PQ and ASWS remain the kings of western male protagonist RPG maker games.
(Ah yeah there is also Goblin Layer, and recently some new RPG games with potential popped up, but some of them are basically demos or lackluster)

Edit: there is a parody of Konosuba called Adventure trainer that is actually amazing!
Ah check some of the good old Japanese games like Pronant symphony.

Ah and to remain in topic, Melissa treasure mechanic is going well
what is flame of desire? I can't find it on F95

The_Dark_Army

Aug 22, 2017
I just found out that I had to do Emily's route first if wanted to go the harem path. But unfortunately I'm already too far ahead in Mira's route for that to happen. So I'm gonna restart the game. Can someone tell me are there any other things in the game that should be done in a certain order so that I don't get locked out of certain choices or miss certain content ?

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
I just found out that I had to do Emily's route first if wanted to go the harem path. But unfortunately I'm already too far ahead in Mira's route for that to happen. So I'm gonna restart the game. Can someone tell me are there any other things in the game that should be done in a certain order so that I don't get locked out of certain choices or miss certain content ?
No Emily is the only case, for every other sex path the game warns you before locking/choosing a route.

Reactions: wildride69

yazda

Mar 21, 2021
You do not need to restart. The route of Emily has no effect on Mira. In general there is no lockout of choices except when you kill someone.

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
You do not need to restart. The route of Emily has no effect on Mira. In general there is no lockout of choices except when you kill someone.
What are you saying?
Emily affects terribly Mira, if she is willing to stay with you, cheat on you or destroy completely the relationship is based also on how you dealt with Emily.
And viceversa, if you go first with Mira and ignore Emily then you completely miss her love route and marriage.

And there are many lockout choices!
You can avoid completely relationships by pushing off said girls forever with a choice (example: Gavina love/corruption route).

At a crossroads of options you can either have Sabrina futa or Sabrina vanilla, one choice locks you from another, Liandra at the camp or at Liandra at the mansion, thicc Liandra or normal Liandra, not to talk about losing a love route instead of a corruption one and so on.

yazda

Mar 21, 2021
What are you saying?
Emily affects terribly Mira, if she is willing to stay with you, cheat on you or destroy completely the relationship is based also on how you dealt with Emily.
And viceversa, if you go first with Mira and ignore Emily then you completely miss her love route and marriage.

And there are many lockout choices!
You can avoid completely relationships by pushing off said girls forever with a choice (example: Gavina love/corruption route).

At a crossroads of options you can either have Sabrina futa or Sabrina vanilla, one choice locks you from another, Liandra at the camp or at Liandra at the mansion, thicc Liandra or normal Liandra, not to talk about losing a love route instead of a corruption one and so on.
The conflict between Mira and Emily was removed by Chyos a few versions ago.

hoshimota

Sep 18, 2023
I dunno what you guys are smoking, this is a game where you have to sit there with the guide open 24x7, there are LOADS of decisions you can make that will lock you out of other things. The order you do things in is very important.

For example, if you progress Mira before Emily you are semi-fucked for a while, because if you want to upgrade her house for the orphanage (which matters a LOT if you start knocking bitches up) and upgrade your own house, you will not be able to, since mid way through Mira's path there comes a point where once you enter the church, it kicks off this whole bullshit quest that you are supposed to be around lvl 25 and well prepared for. So... since you need to go into the church to talk to the priest about the orphanage before you can upgrade the house, now you are fucked until you level up and progress a lot.

If you progress Penny's path before befriending Tia's mother, you cannot choose to have her help (which is the far better option) when Penny's useless idiot husband shows up and needs medical care.

In the half-orc village, several decisions have unclear consequences that are not logical. For example, if you want to kill the chieftan's son (the idiot who murdered his father the chief) when you come back with evidence that he did this, the best option is actually to *NOT* present said evidence, and just straight up challenge him. What... sense does that make lol... Also if you tell that guy asking you for advice to give the dancing girl wine, it effectively locks her out of anything... all she does after it sit around the fire and finger herself, no option to bang her, and nobody else seems to bang her either. That outcome was not at all clear.

There are situations like this throughout many/most of the paths. I just listed a FEW small examples. You will almost certainly need to do multiple full playthroughs from the start, to see everything you want to see. And the game is not even close to done yet.

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
Ignore Yazda he is into his usual trolling behavior
For example, if you progress Mira before Emily you are semi-fucked for a while, because if you want to upgrade her house for the orphanage (which matters a LOT if you start knocking bitches up) and upgrade your own house, you will not be able to, since mid way through Mira's path there comes a point where once you enter the church, it kicks off this whole bullshit quest that you are supposed to be around lvl 25 and well prepared for. So... since you need to go into the church to talk to the priest about the orphanage before you can upgrade the house, now you are fucked until you level up and progress a lot.
The leveling matter shall be reshaped in the rework and balance update
If you progress Penny's path before befriending Tia's mother, you cannot choose to have her help (which is the far better option) when Penny's useless idiot husband shows up and needs medical care.
Yeah but it doesn’t lock you forever in a path, it just penalizes you with a debt.
In the half-orc village, several decisions have unclear consequences that are not logical. For example, if you want to kill the chieftan's son (the idiot who murdered his father the chief) when you come back with evidence that he did this, the best option is actually to *NOT* present said evidence, and just straight up challenge him. What... sense does that make lol... Also if you tell that guy asking you for advice to give the dancing girl wine, it effectively locks her out of anything... all she does after it sit around the fire and finger herself, no option to bang her, and nobody else seems to bang her either. That outcome was not at all clear.
For Dasan path there are multiple consequences, and murdering him in front of Nyra just locks you from her love route, but that can be understood logically that finding an evidence against him is the final solution.
I forgot about that Ayita path, I guess he never continued it, I shall report it.

Some of the questlog issues and mostly heavy walkthrough dependence (Like Lucius’ quest or Frisha’s) shall be dealt in the rework of 5.7.0. alongside other rewrites and balances.
But some of these (like doing Lucius vs Katherin deal) won’t really be dealt, since they aren’t game breaking issues that lock you completely and make your playthrough hell.
The game encourages you to replay it and try multiple path, some annoyance are still lingering (aside from Emily’s harem and now Ayita’s and so on) but most of them won’t lock ambiguously and give you the middle finger giving you with no expectations an horrible path.

Lukee1234

Aug 6, 2020
Ignore Yazda he is into his usual trolling behavior

The leveling matter shall be reshaped in the rework and balance update

Yeah but it doesn’t lock you forever in a path, it just penalizes you with a debt.

For Dasan path there are multiple consequences, and murdering him in front of Nyra just locks you from her love route, but that can be understood logically that finding an evidence against him is the final solution.
I forgot about that Ayita path, I guess he never continued it, I shall report it.

Some of the questlog issues and mostly heavy walkthrough dependence (Like Lucius’ quest or Frisha’s) shall be dealt in the rework of 5.7.0. alongside other rewrites and balances.
But some of these (like doing Lucius vs Katherin deal) won’t really be dealt, since they aren’t game breaking issues that lock you completely and make your playthrough hell.
The game encourages you to replay it and try multiple path, some annoyance are still lingering (aside from Emily’s harem and now Ayita’s and so on) but most of them won’t lock ambiguously and give you the middle finger giving you with no expectations an horrible path.
But to be honest, you actually read the dialogs and questlog, you should know what may happen. I have only used the walkthrough for some minor things like looking for a specific place. So for every new Player: never skip the dialogs

Seewolf

Feb 27, 2019
To be fair, the walkthrough can be quite overwhelming for new players to ASWS.
Also the walkthrough sometimes leaves things open and therefore is incomplete. Some choices you can make during the course of the game might have consequences later on, but aren't implemented in the game, yet, but the walkthrough doesn't reveal the future consequences of these choices. When I still supported ASWS I regularly had to ask Chyos about the consequences of certain choices, because the walkthrough was unclear about it.

For the latest version the walkthrough is also lacking crucial info. For example if you don't ally with Syfa in the monastery, but still want to have sex with the nuns, the walkthrough won't help you much. You've got to find out yourself.

On page 11 of the walkthrough Chyos wrote:
At this point I now Owe [sic] you a guide to all sex scenes of this update. Due to lack of time that will come tomorrow! I'll keep you informed in the release post when it's ready.
This info might have been posted on his patreon page, but it is missing in the walkthrough. The walkthrough unfortunately is quite often treated step-motherly, despite it being rather important as a guide for players of increasingly complex getting ASWS.

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
To be fair, the walkthrough can be quite overwhelming for new players to ASWS.
Also the walkthrough sometimes leaves things open and therefore is incomplete. Some choices you can make during the course of the game might have consequences later on, but aren't implemented in the game, yet, but the walkthrough doesn't reveal the future consequences of these choices. When I still supported ASWS I regularly had to ask Chyos about the consequences of certain choices, because the walkthrough was unclear about it.
The walkthrough was always seen (and said by Chyos) to be complementary of the game and not a complete guide step by step with all consequences, facts and stuff.
Some consequences actions are more clearer than others but they never fuck you up completely and ruin your playthrough, Chyos always gives another chance to solve an issue or avoid again the NTR path (Except maybe the Mira snooping part, that one wasn’t that clear).

For the latest version the walkthrough is also lacking crucial info. For example if you don't ally with Syfa in the monastery, but still want to have sex with the nuns, the walkthrough won't help you much. You've got to find out yourself.

On page 11 of the walkthrough Chyos wrote:

This info might have been posted on his patreon page, but it is missing in the walkthrough. The walkthrough unfortunately is quite often treated step-motherly, despite it being rather important as a guide for players of increasingly complex getting ASWS.
Nah the info is still missing overall because he forgot.
Plain and simple, he tends to forget certain small things; for example the Ibhar route, Claire’s soap, the honey matter; with some of these he fixed it with others the late Yotetar (bless that man) used to fuck him up for the left misguidances. (Now I do and gather feedback instead).
Also the fact to not list all the steps of the murder was his decision, either because he wanted to leave the mystery in the hands of the players or because he forgot again, knowing him the first option, but this was also a consequence for the too big/unplanned monastery update, although enjoyable and great in many aspects, it shows the signs or rushed juggling.

Last edited:

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
But to be honest, you actually read the dialogs and questlog, you should know what may happen. I have only used the walkthrough for some minor things like looking for a specific place. So for every new Player: never skip the dialogs
Sure I also did that, I used a couple or more times the WT (for dire situations) but certain elements are clearer and more straightforward than the others.
For example: not finding hay and complaining about it, it’s 100% your fault, but needing Lucius for Frisha’s quest was cumbersome for some players I knew.

Reactions: Lukee1234

Lukee1234

Aug 6, 2020
Sure I also did that, I used a couple or more times the WT (for dire situations) but certain elements are clearer and more straightforward than the others.
For example: not finding hay and complaining about it, it’s 100% your fault, but needing Lucius for Frisha’s quest was cumbersome for some players I knew.
Yeah thats true. But let alone the thing with replacing the plugs. The fucking demon tells you what you have to do and still tons of people ask what they need to do...

• Sad
Reactions: zARRR

Crell

Aug 6, 2017
Okay, is my game bugged or do Orcs not drop Rusty Swords? I killed literally dozens of them for the stupid qust from John. Not a single sword.

Lukee1234

Aug 6, 2020
Okay, is my game bugged or do Orcs not drop Rusty Swords? I killed literally dozens of them for the stupid qust from John. Not a single sword.
They should drop them but i dont know the Chance for it. But put a point or two into perception and you should find them on the ground

Reactions: wildride69

Adoringfan

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2016
If you recruit all 5 mercenaries do they disappear? Cause they are a nice source of xp and they drop some good loot too (belts and shields so far) and I don't want to finish this quest if I gotta give that up.

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 141 Votes