acowasto

Nov 6, 2017
She got a copyright lawsuit or something, but at his point it can be considered the commercial Christmas song for excellence… Pure torture
Meh. I survived worst... Like, for example, karaoke night.

Maybe for you it will be easy to dig through the code, but pour moi it will be just another restart.
I have replayed this game so many times, only God knows, , it’ll be just like a Samsara.
I won't be digging through the code. Due to RPGM engine I don't really have to. I'm just going to "event it out", so to speak.

• Haha
Reactions: Evangelion-01

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
Meh. I survived worst... Like, for example, karaoke night.
The only karaoke night I ever done was completing Yakuza 0 100%.
ASWS could have some more optional minigames tho, am I the only one who likes the potato peeler dance dance revolution, minigame?
I won't be digging through the code. Due to RPGM engine I don't really have to. I'm just going to "event it out", so to speak.
I kinda grasp what you are saying, on how rpgm works altogether with the events system.
You're being merciful it seems, i can't see bike anywhere in that gif :p
No, next time a chair, then a bike, then full Dragon of dojima mod

• Haha
Reactions: Evangelion-01

BGRW2020

Jul 8, 2020
Ok - I now must decide to either support Gwen as her champion or side with her sister?
I am leaning toward her sister, she is a goddess of wisdom after all - any right or wrong in these?

BGRW2020

Jul 8, 2020
It would also be really good to have a walkthrough that is organized by Quest as well as the existing one by person / path

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
Ok - I now must decide to either support Gwen as her champion or side with her sister?
I am leaning toward her sister, she is a goddess of wisdom after all - any right or wrong in these?
What wrong or right?, the question boils down to: start an evil path or refuse it and go against it, it’s clear as the day.
It would also be really good to have a walkthrough that is organized by Quest as well as the existing one by person / path
You can help by updating the wiki, although we were waiting for a certain user that is very busy.
So you won’t see one this year or esrly next

Reactions: BGRW2020

Baki-san18

May 19, 2022
I personally created two saves where I chose the path of Isha and Atia, but if I still answer your question, I think it's better to choose Atia's side, because, in my opinion, this is a WISE choice : )

Reactions: BGRW2020

rosethorn87

Jul 12, 2019
ASWS could have some more optional minigames tho, am I the only one who likes the potato peeler dance dance revolution, minigame?

I kinda grasp what you are saying, on how rpgm works altogether with the events system.

No, next time a chair, then a bike, then full Dragon of dojima mod
I enjoy the mini games as well I just hope for a good fishing one in this, I spent more hours than I care to remember fishing in breath of fire 3 and 4, ocarina of time ff15 etc

Reactions: MidnightKing

acowasto

Nov 6, 2017
I really don't mind minigames, if they are well designed.
As ASS minigames, I can't say I like them, though I can't say I dislike them too. I'm just not playing them, because peeling potatoes is only used to gain love points and a soup with Claire, while blackjack is worth only around 3 gold + some random items which is, currently, nothing. And to be honest I can earn more gold by just standing still than trying to win with that cheater marking his cards.

Having minigames for things like mining, gathering wood, hunting, etc. would be nice. It would surely change the amount of resources we could easily get and force players to actually play gathering game instead of just... reaching certain point in talent tree to reach switch condition, to gain access to almost unlimited resouces.

In my opinion Aurelia is a game with well designed minigames, not to mention unique.

Yes. Due to RPGM engine event feature, which is both blessing and a curse, it is possible to do some basic "bug fixing" and cheating without knowing javascript. Yet knowing javascript is pretty useful, because it allows you to use "hidden features" in the engine.

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
I really don't mind minigames, if they are well designed.
As ASS minigames, I can't say I like them, though I can't say I dislike them too. I'm just not playing them, because peeling potatoes is only used to gain love points and a soup with Claire, while blackjack is worth only around 3 gold + some random items which is, currently, nothing. And to be honest I can earn more gold by just standing still than trying to win with that cheater marking his cards.

Having minigames for things like mining, gathering wood, hunting, etc. would be nice. It would surely change the amount of resources we could easily get and force players to actually play gathering game instead of just... reaching certain point in talent tree to reach switch condition, to gain access to almost unlimited resouces.

In my opinion Aurelia is a game with well designed minigames, not to mention unique.

Yes. Due to RPGM engine event feature, which is both blessing and a curse, it is possible to do some basic "bug fixing" and cheating without knowing javascript. Yet knowing javascript is pretty useful, because it allows you to use "hidden features" in the engine.
Mentioning Aurelia is cheating tho, that game has minigames in minigames!

I don’t know what else to say uuh yeah ASWS minigame are hella underused and simple.
Even a clicking rhythmic minigame would be cool for gathering sources, but alas I don’t think he plans on that

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018

I don’t know what else to say uuh yeah ASWS minigame are hella underused and simple.
Even a clicking rhythmic minigame would be cool for gathering sources, but alas I don’t think he plans on that
Considering that Chyos learned his lesson from Peasant's Quest it's not surprising though.
There is a large faction that goes "Mini games = worst grind"
Tinkerer removed most of his mini games in the long run to not loose supporters

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
Mini games are fine in small doses, but if the mini games take too much time from other more interesting gameplay loop, they are definitely negative then. Personally i wouldn't mind if the skill check thingy would be made bit faster. Since after certain point you're almost guaranteed to succeed in most tasks and it just takes time then.

Reactions: harem.king

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
Mini games are fine in small doses, but if the mini games take too much time from other more interesting gameplay loop, they are definitely negative then. Personally i wouldn't mind if the skill check thingy would be made bit faster. Since after certain point you're almost guaranteed to succeed in most tasks and it just takes time then.
I think the skill check needs to have a setting option for "quick skillchecks".
which skips the animation, skips the clicks, and instead just use floating text to instantly notify you of the result.
like, for 3 or maybe 5 seconds show
> Lock Picking skill check success. (DC 15. rolled 37)
> Lock Picking skill check failure. (DC 15. rolled 7)
> Tree cutting skill check success (DC 10. rolled 29)
> Hunting skill check success (DC 15. rolled 21)
etc. for all skill checks. especially the harvesting ones.

also have another setting option to skip the "do you want to harvest this resource you clicked on" and automatically say yes whenever that popup would have occured to skip it.

Chyos can you please make the above a thing? it would be lovely to skip all those clicks

edit: while we are at it. have a settings option for skipping the "who do you want to harvest this resource" box that pops up every time i fell a tree. by letting you specify it in settings once either specifically for different tasks (ex. Wood Cutting: Prefer Tia, Prefer MC, ask). Or even just a singular general "prefer companions" vs "prefer MC" vs "ask"

these options are very convenient, but beyond mere convenience are also very useful for accessibility for people with disabilities or injuries.

Last edited:

acowasto

Nov 6, 2017

Luckly simple doesn't mean bad. My favourite New Vegas has simple lockpick mechanic. One of few (hundreds) mods for Project Zomboid is a mod called "better lockpicking" which adds 3 very simple minigames to it. Lockpicking, just like in Fallout, QTE event in which you either have hit a button to fit into yellow or green area in order to force open a door or a window, and hotwirring in which you have to cut four wires and well... hotwire a car by connecting correct wires.
Simple, somewhat realistic and, most important, immersive.
Minigames are not really needed in ASS, yet I would greatly appreciate thier existence.

Considering that Chyos learned his lesson from Peasant's Quest it's not surprising though.
There is a large faction that goes "Mini games = worst grind"
Tinkerer removed most of his mini games in the long run to not loose supporters
I'm still wondering why Tinkerer didn't change the name to Pregnancy Quest though.

As for minigames, well, I can't say for others, but I am not very fond of QTE minigames, yet I can live with them if they are placed correctly. For example, the QTE mentioned above in Better Lockpicking mod. It's understandable I have to crowbar my way into the door or window with right placement and correct timing.

Yet in at the end of the game, when I am fighting that Chaos sucks Lord I am, out of blue, thrown into QTE. Like, there was a whole game to introduce me to some form of QTE, to show me I have to expect it every now and then.

which skips the animation, skips the clicks, and instead just use floating text to instantly notify you of the result.

also have another setting option to skip the "do you want to harvest this resource you clicked on" and automatically say yes whenever that popup would have occured to skip it.

Chyos can you please make the above a thing? it would be lovely to skip all those clicks
Simple conditional brach checking if your skill level is high enough. It would require overall quite of work to set up on every lock, but can be done easily.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: zARRR

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018

Well technically thats already possible.... you can skip the skill check by pressing enter after it started to just skip to what you described
I'm still wondering why Tinkerer didn't change the name to Pregnancy Quest though.

As for minigames, well, I can't say for others, but I am not very fond of QTE minigames, yet I can live with them if they are placed correctly. For example, the QTE mentioned above in Better Lockpicking mod. It's understandable I have to crowbar my way into the door or window with right placement and correct timing.

Yet in at the end of the game, when I am fighting that Chaos sucks Lord I am, out of blue, thrown into QTE. Like, there was a whole game to introduce me to some form of QTE, to show me I have to expect it every now and then.
I mean the people are still demanding the Peasant to be the over powered hero of legends swinging his excalibur to one hit kill enemies.
The MC is just a Peasant and opposite to AswS he is not even attempting to become something else... well aside of a magician... and he gloriously fails

Last edited:

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
Simple conditional brach checking if your skill level is high enough. It would require overall quite of work to set up on every lock, but can be done easily.
why would you set it on every lock? it should be a modification to the base lock picking function itself rather than modifying individual locks.
Well technically thats already possible.... you can skip the skill check by pressing enter after it started to just skip to what you described
> You can skip the click by clicking
what?

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
why would you set it on every lock? it should be a modification to the base lock picking function itself rather than modifying individual locks.
The locks in AswS have different dificulty Level if you want to ensure that Players talent > lock dificulty you need to have checks based on the dificulty
> You can skip the click by clicking
what?
You can skip the talent check animation simply by clicking... start the skill check and jump to the conclusion instead of waiting for the result of which number your dice showed

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
You can skip the talent check animation simply by clicking... start the skill check and jump to the conclusion instead of waiting for the result of which number your dice showed
I already knew you can skip the animation by clicking earlier
My bafflement is at the idea of suggesting clicking as a way to skip clicking.

Although, in retrospect I originally complained about both the clicking AND the delay. so i guess this could have been seen as me just not knowing you can click earlier to end the animation earlier.

Anyways, yea I know you can end the animation early. But doing so is still not instant, there is still a small delay even with the early ending and as mentioned, excessive number of clicks that I would love to do away with
My main problem is the excess clicking, but delay would be nice to do away with too.

I am more than happy to take the risk of accidentally spending some Energy when I didn't mean to if it meant I could skip all the extraneous harvesting clicks

rosethorn87

Jul 12, 2019
Wtf my drunk ass just unlocked the double blowjib scene with Tias mom and the captain of the guard... and all I was doing was legit was doing the treasure map clue for the entrance to darkwood

4.60 star(s) 141 Votes