Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
why i can't kill gurtak, if i spell cast on him , the quest not finish yet
The oupost Gurthak commands is not the main base of the Orcs... that one will be included with the next Raaisha update.
enslaveing Gurthak likely will offer a chance to use him against that camp, and likely will result in his death... or the MC will finish him after he is no longer useful for us

Pervy Sensei

Donor
May 1, 2019
Bull ...

This time you have no idea what you're talking about ... Treasure of Nadia has had 0 bugs with patch updates and only patch updates. There are other examples of that too.

You are just being you're usual self .. contrary :)

in any case, he can use the x.x.5 updates for bug hunting and the release for an update :)
I'm not sure what you mean about there being 0 bugs with patch updates and only patch updates for ToN. You mean bugs showing up in the patch updates only, and that don't show up in the full download or through the launcher? I admit, I have not heard of any such bugs specific to the patch updates, so this is true. But of course, there are often bugs with the updates, whether one downloads the patch or the full new version of the game.

TON is linear true, still it has scripts and checks (an rpgm thing), and I used that as an example there are other rpgm games with multiple options and paths that are "patch updated" .. and oh he cannot be "mostly right" here since his premise is wrong to begin with, TON is not a VN game made in renpy :)

As long as you include the updated libraries, exe and files it will work.

Still my point stands, it's an rpgm game not renpy ... LMAO (the process is similar, since it's the same 'game engine' )
I think that Evangelion was somewhat right, just not with respect to whether ToN is a Ren'Py VN or an RPGM game (its certainly an RPGM game, not even properly referred to as a VN).

Regarding his point about update issues, with ToN, we sometimes have ppl in the NLT discord who have problems with their game because they skipped an update. In that case, they have to go back and download the full game all over again, even if one just one update was missed at some point. This is certainly a concern for ASWS. Chyos was trying to move saves to a folder outside of the game folder because ppl often complain to him about having issues with saves carrying over. Doing a patch release could just become another source of headaches for him with ppl complaining about bugs that showed because they didn't keep up with the updates. Part of the problem with this, and the really biggest concern, is that ppl report bugs without explaining that they missed an update. So now Chyos runs around trying to figure out how the bug happened, and then finds out it was because of a missed update. Big waste of time for Chyos.

About Evangelion's other two points, I am not sure. Evangelion made a point about update patches taking more space than just downloading a new full version each time and deleting the old one. I don't know exactly why this would be the case, but I'm guessing it won't be that much more data, so I'm not concerned about it anyway. The other point he made is that update patches can introduce new bugs specific to them as update patches. I'm not sure why this should be the case, as I didn't understand the reasoning for this. Perhaps Evangelion could explain that one better.

Having said the above, I am sympathetic with the patch update idea, as I do patch updates with ToN and its nice and easy and quick. As I said, my only real concern with this is ppl reporting bugs due to missing an update and wasting Chyos's time. Maybe there could be an easy way to identify those bugs separately from other bugs, I don't know.

Reactions: zARRR

Pervy Sensei

Donor
May 1, 2019
i got a question how to do Sex Anal with Ayita in love route ? i notice u can corrupt her with cumwine , so do i need to corrupt her to do it ?
I'm not aware of anal content for Ayita. Is this available in the NTR route if the whole village can fuck her? As far as her lover route is concerned, there is no anal content yet.

Reactions: Alteni

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
About Evangelion's other two points, I am not sure. Evangelion made a point about update patches taking more space than just downloading a new full version each time and deleting the old one. I don't know exactly why this would be the case, but I'm guessing it won't be that much more data, so I'm not concerned about it anyway. The other point he made is that update patches can introduce new bugs specific to them as update patches. I'm not sure why this should be the case, as I didn't understand the reasoning for this. Perhaps Evangelion could explain that one better.
If you want to or even have to reinstall the game you need to have access to the latest full version and than every Updatearchieve until you reach the Uptodate Version... miss even a single one and you'll get errors.
Most Updates have the tendency to change a few lines in specific files, DL a complete Version hencefor is normally smaller than haveing a number of Updates that contain the same file only slightly altered. (each Update file might be less than the Fullversion, but those archieves will accumulate on your disk, which in turn will require more space than a fullversion DL)

Apply Updates in the wrong order and you'll also create errors as files will miss lines.
Also packaging several specific files instead of a full folder requires either Update management or some extra time, which we all should know by now is not available for Chyos.

All in all makeing a game release around Updates requires additional management and organistation work from the Dev for absolutely no benefit in regards to the game.

Last edited:

Pervy Sensei

Donor
May 1, 2019
If you want or have to reinstall the game you need to have access to the latest full version and than every Updatearchieve until you reach the Uptodate Version... miss even a single one and you'll get errors.
Most Updates have the tendency to change a few lines in specific files, DL a complete Version hencefor is normally smaller than haveing a number of Updates that contain the same file only slightly altered.
For the data size thing, I don't really understand this point. When the update is applied, it just replaces the old file with an updated file, if a few lines were added and/or deleted. It's not as if the file gets multiplied by the number of update patches applied.

As for reinstalling the game, I know that NLT, at least, offers both the full version and the update patch for each update. The update patch should only be applied to the previous full version, not to the new full version. So it's not that a full version is published, and then only update patches after that, that get added on. A new full version is also released every time.

As for missing an update patch and then using a later update patch, I mentioned this issue myself in my previous post as one that causes bugs, so I understand that point. It's a real concern that players might skip an update and then complain about bugs caused by the fact that they missed an update, without mentioning that they missed an update when they started reporting their bugs after applying the latest update patch.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
For the data size thing, I don't really understand this point. When the update is applied, it just replaces the old file with an updated file, if a few lines were added and/or deleted. It's not as if the file gets multiplied by the number of update patches applied.
It seems we are operating this with different assumptions.
I am talking about the user keeping a backup of the archives he DLed in order to restore the game in case of an issue destroying his game, like an overzealus AV or a OC based hickup destroying vital files.
Or maybe a Person applying a mod learning it's not compatibel and being forced to reinstall the entire game as seperation from the mod is not possible (we witnessed both scenarios in this thread multiple times)
As for reinstalling the game, I know that NLT, at least, offers both the full version and the update patch for each update. The update patch should only be applied to the previous full version, not to the new full version. So it's not that a full version is published, and then only update patches after that, that get added on. A new full version is also released every time.
Creating 2 different Updates and than Upload them takes time... again, something that's never enough with the latest builds... it might be feasible if you have several people working on this and useing different internet connections to Upload multiple files to different Hosters or haveing a single person being dedicated to that single task even, a single person can spend an entire day with such a task (Chyos only Uploads game files to 2 Hosters at different times dureing the day of release)

EKOMEKO

Feb 22, 2018
The orc attacks while Tia is chopping wood. Tia blowjobs the orc. Is this the scene? Or is there a scene I missed? Any sex scene ?

Teezee

Jan 14, 2018
I'm not sure what you mean about there being 0 bugs with patch updates and only patch updates for ToN. You mean bugs showing up in the patch updates only, and that don't show up in the full download or through the launcher? I admit, I have not heard of any such bugs specific to the patch updates, so this is true. But of course, there are often bugs with the updates, whether one downloads the patch or the full new version of the game.
Precisely ... if there are going to be bugs the bugs will be in both the full version and the patched version (assuming one is up to date with his patching) but patching per se does not introduce bugs which is what Evangelion alluded to, so as far as I am concerned he's totally wrong on this issue.

If someone skipped an update, then frankly that's his problem; and at that point he would need to download the full version. Just coz some do that doesn't negate the utility of such an approach.

Having said the above, I am sympathetic with the patch update idea, as I do patch updates with ToN and its nice and easy and quick. As I said, my only real concern with this is ppl reporting bugs due to missing an update and wasting Chyos's time. Maybe there could be an easy way to identify those bugs separately from other bugs, I don't know.
The point he made about ppl keeping all the 'updates' which in turn takes up more space on their hard drive is rather weak ... if I am at Version x.6.0 why on earth would I keep the x.4.0 or even the 0.5.x update .. if someone does that, that's his problem .. if anything using Evangelion logic, downloading 0.3.8.0 then downloading 0.3.8.5 then downloading 0.3.9.0 etc .. without clearing the old folder(s) (once you're sure the game actually works as intended) would take a whole lot more space.

With TON I did forget an update patch once, and after downloading the new patch and attempting to run the game it bugged out almost immediately .. it took me all of 2 seconds to realize what had happened, and I just downloaded the full version, and since then I am happily downloading the patches.

The point is .. Evangelion said patching in itself introduces bugs, the counterpoint I made is that proper patching does NOT .. if there's a bug then the full version would have the same exact bug.

Anyway I am not going to keep arguing this point, I made a suggestion, and it's a very valid one, whether Chyos does decide to do it or not is up to him, but the counter arguments provided by evangelion are wrong, plain and simple, especially his assertion that patching per se introduces bugs, it does NOT. Now he's going on in a round about way still trying to argue it's a bad idea coz of disk space and some other stuff.

At least the point you mentioned about ppl missing a patch then reporting non existant bugs is valid, all the others are not. But there are many ways to quickly figure out if that's the case or not.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Teezee
I am not going into detail on all this... but to put it short... you make a whole lot assumptions based on your experience with a different game developed by what seems to be a team of several people (not to mention a VN like one).
Than compare to a game developed by a single person (with significant and expanding/changeing game mechanics) and assume that there is no additional effort and work required for this while also saying that this work is the responsibility of the Dev which contradicts your point.
To start with you are no developer or modder which shows you have no experience with this (I am no active Dev or modder myself, but I used to do this stuff for a living for awhile).
My whole point is that your "suggestion" is not "valid" given the fact that Chyos is developing this game on his own, while haveing serious issues to even manage that in time from time to time

Reactions: Runezs and zARRR

DrWho8248

May 7, 2020
I ma in Deep Depression :(
No ones not creating pacth 0.3.8.5 to 0.3.9.0 (Dev is also do not care :cry:)

mavixxx

Aug 9, 2020
10.Inside the sanctum head SW until you find a closed door. Now you must bring a sacrifice for each god.
11.Uldar – Remains of an evil creature (anything from a Plaguefiend or Demonkey from Syfa)

i cant find closed door or where is plaguefiend or where is mine ? ???

4.60 star(s) 141 Votes