zackgaspar

Jun 4, 2019
So clearly, you didn't experiment with the options. As shown below, pick the second option shown in the first pic, then the first option shown in the second pic. Have fun.

View attachment 1334045 View attachment 1334046
Thank you, that cleared it up for me as well... I had just assumed from the walkthrough that "Do something brave" was the go get yourself killed option, didn't realize it would lead to the gift-giving option.

Just really didn't wanna get my boy killed for no reason, because that would be mean. Now to go fuck his crush 2 feet away from him.

Netrik

Nov 5, 2017
I understand what you are saying. It wouldn't appear grindy if, instead of visiting the same woman every day at the same time, time and time again, there were different locations for her and different activities to advance her affection and/or corruption, with less emphasis on racking up the points, and more emphasis on each point requiring some work for it and being a significant milestone in the relationship. Sometimes the dialogue changes a bit each time the woman is talked to, but that doesn't really reduce the grindiness of the time skipping.

I guess I agree with your sentiment, as I have found the time skipping method more efficient than the multitasking method that Evangelion suggested, but I wonder how you imagine a better way for it to work out. I've already spent some time pondering it, but I'm not sure there's an easy answer, because the game is largely a sandbox. In Treasure of Nadia, the story advances in a linear direction, so it can be easy to advance everything as events play out, but in a sandbox like ASWS, everyone's plot lines usually advance separately, so time has to be dedicated to each one. Any thoughts on how to make a sandbox like this less grindy for relationship development, or at least an enjoyable grind?
I think in general all the generic "stat-raising" events (affection, corruption) should just award more, and more events should do a little something. Like maybe Claire appreciates it if I talk to her in the morning for a single point, or Yasmine gets some corruption points if I enter in a thief uniform, that kind of thing. That would incentivize actually walking around and checking out what everyone's doing during the whole day.

Reactions: Pervy Sensei

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
A lot of the questlines weren't implemented at once, they were often bits and pieces. So very often you'd get an update that was like "added X scenes for X character", and you completed the rest of the game before that. That forces you into a single character questline. Not to mention that there's a huge difference in affection/corruption events from character to character, where some allow you to get to certain threshold points really fast, where others need a lot of repeated events, once a day or sometimes once every few days. That's where it can get very grindy.

If you got into the game at some later point or enjoy walking around a lot, good for you. Just don't pretend everyone has to.
while I agree that ultimately this will become part of the gameplay again we are currently in the unique situation where all progress got forcibly vibed and you have to work for a while in order to catch up with the story progression of all characters.
If you already reached that point I'd genuily be impressed, but based on your description I kinda doubt it.
I normally made a point to never play for 100% of each Update but follow up the story that is released each time and use the in between time of the next Update to catch up with character corruption for example... it depends on the way you play the game wether or not it's a chore or an enjoyment, but I wouldn't blame the game for this.

Pervy Sensei

Donor
May 1, 2019
So is there any benefits on letting Gurtak lives (as a slave)?

I'm contemplating on whether or not I should kill him now.
At the moment, no. But in the future, there will be a development in the game where it will become useful. This will likely happen when Raaisha's option in the Patreon content poll wins the poll vote, as that will open up the large orc village to the north. However, it's not certain that it will happen in that update. In any case, the game will eventually get to the point where having Gurtak as a slave will provide future options.

Pervy Sensei

Donor
May 1, 2019
savefile at the end of 0.3.7.0a? my wont work with this version
Why do you want a save file for 0.3.7.0a? We're on 0.4.1.0 now. All save files prior to 0.3.9.5 are no longer usable. Look back a few pages of this thread to find new saves.

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
savefile at the end of 0.3.7.0a? my wont work with this version
Why specifically 3.7.0.?
There are save files some pages before of 4.1.0.
But did you know that the biggest volcano we know about it is not even on earth?
Olympus Mons is on Mars and has a diameter 610 km.

Reactions: ReyBell

Demon Jhim

Aug 5, 2017
Are Shadow stone weapon strong? I tested it on Sifa and the damage is pretty weak compare to Iren dagger/

Demon Jhim

Aug 5, 2017
Why specifically 3.7.0.?
But did you know that the biggest volcano we know about it is not even on earth?
Since your giving trivia I'll give one too, did you know high heels were original made for men and not woman and for the purpose of horse riding, it was then adapted by royalty and nobility as status symbol and the strange fact that woman began adapting the use of high heels is for masculinity reason yeah wearing high heels was actually considered masculine at the time who would have though.

Last edited:

Yotetar

May 23, 2020
Why specifically 3.7.0.?
I dont know why are you talking about Mars, When the Krakatoa on 1883, moved the earth, and made darkness during more than 5 days on all the planet. Some talked about apocalypse because of that.

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
I dont know why are you talking about Mars, When the Krakatoa on 1883, moved the earth, and made darkness during more than 5 days on all the planet. Some talked about apocalypse because of that.
I said biggest not strongest.
The Krakatoa has an elevation of only 813 meters.
For the strongest one many volcanoes compete: the Yellowstone, the Krakatoa, Mount St. Helens, Mount Peleè...
Since your giving trivia I'll give one too, did you know high heels were original made for men and not woman and for the purpose of horse riding, it was then adapted by royalty and nobility as status symbol and the strange fact that woman began adapting the use of high heels is for masculinity reason yeah wearing high heels was actually considered masculine at the time who would have though.
I give them specifically when someone asks about save files, I knew that fact, many nobles of Versailles in the XVII century wore high heels

Reactions: Yotetar
4.60 star(s) 141 Votes