Samuel Hidayat

May 16, 2019
To elaborate on what Nelly said: There's a difference between Energy and...wakefulness, let us call it. Energy is the blue bar in the second pic, but the green one in the first pic you show (that is mostly empty in your pic). The wakefulness icon shows up in both, the first pic showing it has the face with eyes closed, the second with the guy on his hands and knees. In the intro, it explains there are three levels of fatigue after wakefulness - tired, exhausted, and worn out. To alleviate it, you have to sleep. The longer you go without sleep, the worse it will get, and you will receive debuffs in combat until you sleep.

Honestly, I don't think this is the best system to represent the fatigue, as I don't recall anything that explains what each specific icon means and rolling over them with the mouse doesn't bring up a tooltip. It's really a fairly new addition to the game and just recently had to be tweaked, so consider it a work in progress, I suppose.
I know what the fatigue icon means. I'm talking about why they're different in both pics. Here are another examples:
ASwS3.png Here, 33 EN doesn't give me the "tired" icon

ASwS4.png
Yet, the pause menu shows the "tired" icon despite having the same EN.

This is what I was talking about. Considering the severity of the debuffs, inconsistent information can be pretty annoying. Previous versions (when Rest still existed) didn't have this issue.

Pervy Sensei

Donor
May 1, 2019
I know what the fatigue icon means. I'm talking about why they're different in both pics. Here are another examples:
View attachment 1336932 Here, 33 EN doesn't give me the "tired" icon

View attachment 1336934
Yet, the pause menu shows the "tired" icon despite having the same EN.

This is what I was talking about. Considering the severity of the debuffs, inconsistent information can be pretty annoying. Previous versions (when Rest still existed) didn't have this issue.
So again, Energy and wakefulness are not the same thing. The amount of Energy the MC has, has nothing to do with how tired the MC is. These are two separate mechanics.

• Angry
Reactions: Samuel Hidayat

Pervy Sensei

Donor
May 1, 2019
The new version game is very slow in my PC How to fix it.............
Perhaps you could go into settings to force your computer to use GPU instead of CPU for the game. Sometimes that helps, as RPGM games by default use CPU, unlike most other game engines.

Samuel Hidayat

May 16, 2019
So again, Energy and wakefulness are not the same thing. The amount of Energy the MC has, has nothing to do with how tired the MC is. These are two separate mechanics.
You're skipping the tutorial, aren't you?
My dude, wakefulness/fatigue has everything to do with MC's Energy

ASwS5.png

bella7

Jul 8, 2017
No Witch guide on the v0.4.1.0 pdf walkthrough

Edit: My bad. There actually is. It's not listed in the Table of Contents though...

Last edited:

bella7

Jul 8, 2017
I just caught up to 0.3.8.0. Does that mean I have to replay the entire game for 0.4.1.0a?
Unfortunately you have to unless there's a fix for it that I did not know of . Mine was a 0.3.9.0 save and it didn't load when I started playing at 0.4.0

Nellyg

Oct 27, 2018
Unfortunately you have to unless there's a fix for it that I did not know of . Mine was a 0.3.9.0 save and it didn't load when I started playing at 0.4.0
There is no fix nor will there be, new game only

Nellyg

Oct 27, 2018

View attachment 1337108
I think what he's saying is that while wakefulness and energy are linked, there is a catch. You can drink all the energy potions you like but if you don't sleep for a few days you'll get the sleepy icon and you will suffer in combat

Samuel Hidayat

May 16, 2019
I think what he's saying is that while wakefulness and energy are linked, there is a catch. You can drink all the energy potions you like but if you don't sleep for a few days you'll get the sleepy icon and you will suffer in combat
The thing is, I wasn't asking about any correlation between energy and wakefulness. I asked why the icon doesn't appear on the top pic when it appeared on the bottom one since previous versions never had this issue before, hence me asking whether it was a bug or not.

That's it.

Pervy Sensei

Donor
May 1, 2019

View attachment 1337108
I'm well aware of what the tutorial says.

So again, no, they are not linked. Both Energy and wakefulness (what I call it; maybe fatigue is a better word) are affected by walking around and doing things. While Energy can be increased by using potions and by sleeping, wakefulness can only be increased by sleeping. So you can't just go around the game using energy potions all the time without sleeping; at some point, you have to sleep.

But while losing Energy does not cause you to receive debuffs during combat, becoming tired (by the three degrees of fatigue) does cause debuffs. There is no relation between the two -- being tired doesn't cause your Energy to drop any faster, or suddenly get lower; having low Energy doesn't mean the MC is tired; and having a lot of Energy doesn't make you any less tired--even if you have max Energy, if you are too tired then you cannot do actions. The only common element is that they are both affected over time, and can both be resolved by sleeping.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nellyg

Pervy Sensei

Donor
May 1, 2019
The thing is, I wasn't asking about any correlation between energy and wakefulness. I asked why the icon doesn't appear on the top pic when it appeared on the bottom one since previous versions never had this issue before, hence me asking whether it was a bug or not.

That's it.
Oh, well, that's different. I guess I misunderstood your concern from your previous posts. I'm not sure why the icon doesn't show up in one, but does show up in the other. I know that the fatigue mechanic has been going through some reworking, as it was bugged before; even after sleeping, it wouldn't go away. So, it is still a work in progress, and this might be something Chyos needs to take another look at, to ensure the icons are showing up in both the HUD and in the character menu.

Reactions: Samuel Hidayat

Pervy Sensei

Donor
May 1, 2019
hy can someone please help me on how and where can i find arianna in hide and seek
If it's not shown in the walkthrough (I don't think it is), then you just have to look at various spots, in the forest map that has the ruins. It can actually be a challenge to find her, as she hides under trees. It will be a lot less annoying if you can kill all the enemies on the map first and take your time.

Samuel Hidayat

May 16, 2019
I'm well aware of what the tutorial says.

So again, no, they are not linked. Both Energy and wakefulness (what I call it; maybe fatigue is a better word) are affected by walking around and doing things. While Energy can be increased by using potions and by sleeping, wakefulness can only be increased by sleeping. So you can't just go around the game using energy potions all the time without sleeping; at some point, you have to sleep.

But while losing Energy does not cause you to receive debuffs during combat, becoming tired (by the three degrees of fatigue) does cause debuffs. There is no relation between the two -- being tired doesn't cause your Energy to drop any faster, or suddenly get lower; having low Energy doesn't mean the MC is tired; and having a lot of Energy doesn't make you any less tired--even if you have max Energy, if you are too tired then you cannot do actions. The only common element is that they are both affected over time, and can both be resolved by sleeping.
Then how do you explain the sad face icon that always appears everytime MC's EN goes below 50/30? Is that the same fatigue mechanic you've explained all this time or is it a different thing entirely?
To be honest, I haven't used energy potion in my playthrough all this time (since getting vials of water forced us to cuck Tomak in previous versions). Let's say I use one to replenish my below 50 EN, will the sad face disappears or it'll persist since I have to sleep to get rid of it?

Pervy Sensei

Donor
May 1, 2019
Then how do you explain the sad face icon that always appears everytime MC's EN goes below 50/30? Is that the same fatigue mechanic you've explained all this time or is it a different thing entirely?
To be honest, I haven't used energy potion in my playthrough all this time (since getting vials of water forced us to cuck Tomak in previous versions). Let's say I use one to replenish my below 50 EN, will the sad face disappears or it'll persist since I have to sleep to get rid of it?
I'm a little confused about how vials of water lead to cucking Tomak...

In any case, if you use an energy potion and the sad face disappears, please let me know, so I can report that as a bug on the discord.

Reactions: 001ty001

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
The Icons for fatigue are pretty much leftovers from the previous system, when you had Energy for combat skills and Rest for any physical activity.
The faces on the HUD give you an idea that you should replenish your rest, while the icons in the menu display actual combat debuffs.
There had only been 2 faces but 3 combat debuffs... so the faces appeared at around 30-40% rest and 10-20%
While the combat debuffs triggered at <30%, <10% and =0%

4.60 star(s) 141 Votes