Shnurre

Jul 10, 2017
You are forgetting something very important, and that is that talent points are precious. And those other skills do other things.
Constitution increases HP, it ALSO increases your stamina and reduces the cost of noncombat actions
Perception might be "only" 2% def instead of 2.5% def per rank as you say... but unlike armor it has more going for it. it gives you items, and boosts your damage via crits, and land debuffs.
Again, I am mostly talking about Tia, but there is an argument for increasing armor for MC as well. Perception is 2% per 2 levels, so 1% per level, thus it is much, much less effective for tanking. And increasing energy for Tia is not high priority, it's not that you can easily run out of it.

Oh, you were talking only about Tia and not the MC and Lyvia.
Tia specifically has fewer things competing for her talent points than the MC...
However, tia is not a tank. Tia is DPS.

Tia isn't a tank, she has poor defense and high offense. Tia is a DPS. Tia has the highest damage in the party. Her damage is higher and her defense is lower than Lyvia.

She has a completely useless taunt skill, this does not make her a tank.
Not only wastes actions (by taunting instead of killing the enemy), but also even if you go full tilt into boosting her defense she will still get annihilate by enemies if she tries to use it.

Also, she lacks the agility to cast the taunt skill before the enemies attack and damage the rest of the party. To be an effective tank one needs massive agility so that they can cast their taunt skill before the enemy attacks. Massive HP and massive defense so they can take hits for days.
Tia cannot do any of those things.

Far better to pour in her talent points into strength. Where she gets a huge boost to damage.
Also Tia is very useful in harvesting resources on the map which benefits from a bunch of stats which compete for her talent points
Tia is most definitely a tank and she is a tank precisely because of taunting skill which is by far the most valuable battle skill over all party members. Taunting concentrates all agro on Tia (this is a definition of a tanking skill) AND it provides an additional bonus for defence. Thus Tia is a textbook tank even if her starting defence is marginally worse than that of Livia (I am not sure about the last fact, but I will take your word for it).

If you spend Tia's skillpoints wisely (that is mostly on armor and some on constitution and even less on perception and strength) Tia can sink damage by any enemy even on reasonably low levels. And of course with taunting skill she does that not only for herself, but also for MC and Livia.
With Tia as tank and no Livia (she wasn't avaliable yet) I was able to completely clear all cultist basement including the prophet in one go without using any potions on level 15 or so. Of course this becomes even more relevant on higher levels.

Thus you can make Tia take care of defence for the whole party and use MC's and Livia's skillpoints to increase attack of the party and do other valuable stuff.

Last edited:

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
Tia is most definitely a tank and she is a tank precisely because of taunting skill which is by far the most valuable battle skill over all party members. Taunting concentrates all agro on Tia (this is a definition of a tanking skill) AND it provides an additional bonus for defence. Thus Tia is a textbook tank even if her starting defence is marginally worse than that of Livia.

If you spend Tia's skillpoints wisely (that is mostly on armor and some on constitution and even less on perception and strength) Tia can sink damage by any enemy even on reasonably low levels. And of course with taunting skill she does that not only for herself, but also for MC and Livia.
No, she dies like a bitch in early game. The defense bonus is not enough to make her handle being sole aggro sink
You can build her into a tank in late game, but not a very good one as it requires too much invest, and by the time you can get it combat has become irrelevant due to you being overleveled.
With Tia as tank and no Livia (she wasn't avaliable yet) I was able to completely clear all cultist basement including the prophet in one go without using any potions on level 15 or so. Of course this becomes even more relevant on higher levels.
And I was able to clear it with her on DPS. shocking.

Also why are you doing it at level 15? you should be able to trivially power level her a lot higher.
And why waste all that time on those long fights when you can just power level quickly to get to the instakill?
And let us not forget the valuable time you spend/save on crafting and harvesting and so on. Tia is important for that too in the early game.

Shnurre

Jul 10, 2017
No, she dies like a bitch in early game.
You can build her into a tank in late game, but not a very good one as it requires too much invest, and by the time you can get it combat has become irrelevant due to you being overleveled.
Come on, she doesn't. As I mentioned taunting skill provides a solid bonus for defence and thus Tia can work as a tank from day one. Of course her first several skills should go into armor, but she is a decent tank even on level 5 with the help of brilliant taunting skill (if necessary you can also defend when not renewing taunting, but I rarely used this combo, because just taunting is enough even on low levels).
It was how I played and I have never been even close to losing Tia (come to think about that I don't really know what happens if Tia gets killed in battle, I have never expirienced it)

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
Come on, she doesn't. As I mentioned taunting skill provides a solid bonus for defence and thus Tia can work as a tank from day one.
she gets a bonus to defense, but also eats all the attacks of all the enemies at once. which is terrible. on day 1 she dies like a bitch
Of course her first several skills should go into armor
that is atrociously poor use of her. why waste your precious life trying to tank with her for slower gameplay.
Just ramp up your game quickly, use tia for economy at first, and then once you have ramped up enough that you can start steamrolling the game switch tia to DPS.
It was how I played
Yea, there are many ways to play. It is not like the game is unplayable unless you do things 1 specific way
You can use different builds

Shnurre

Jul 10, 2017
Also why are you doing it at level 15? you should be able to trivially power level her a lot higher.
And why waste all that time on those long fights when you can just power level quickly to get to the instakill?
And let us not forget the valuable time you spend/save on crafting and harvesting and so on. Tia is important for that too in the early game.
Because I can do it without any risk?
Evidently you are not the type of guy to destroy Stone Golem on level 5-10 in Witcher 3 by fighting it from a horse)

Shnurre

Jul 10, 2017
she gets a bonus to defense, but also eats all the attacks of all the enemies at once. which is terrible. on day 1 she dies like a bitch

that is atrociously poor use of her. why waste your precious life trying to tank with her for slower gameplay.
Just ramp up your game quickly, use tia for economy at first, and then once you have ramped up enough that you can start steamrolling the game switch tia to DPS.

Yea, there are many ways to play. It is not like the game is unplayable unless you do things 1 specific way
This is obviously the best way to play because it provides what is required of a good RPG build: specialization)
It makes sense both in short term and especially in longterm because you can save valuable MC and Livia's skillpoints.

And I repeat, no, Tia doesn't die easily even immediately when she becomes avaliable (this should be level 3-5 for her) especially if you spend several skillpoints that she has avaliable from start for what is most needed i. e. armor and provide her old leather or leather you have at that point. And of course if you constantly use taunting since I repeat, the skill itself provides a very solid bonus for defence

albul

Jun 8, 2017

albul

Jun 8, 2017
i suppose he is talking about the new version..
Newest version ( 0.4.7.9 ) is a test version that's pretty bugged, I don't recommend playing it unless you know what you are getting into. Dev even recommended to backup your saves if you try it, because there's a chance your save could break. Better wait for 0.4.8.0 (which should be the fixed version).

Reactions: zARRR

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Why should they? They are talking about the contents of this game. Gameplay is a big part of this game, so I think it's fair that the different approaches are discussed in here. If you really think they are breaking the rules, report their posts so a mod can clean it up, don't act like a pseudo mod here.
Yes but 10 post each for the same thing is getting way out of hand.

i suppose he is talking about the new version..
If that is so then this is the wrong thread for that and they need to go ask here: https://f95zone.to/forums/game-requests.3/

Mar 16, 2022

I use Tia for both tank and DPS duties. I work her Str and Con the most, have Dex a couple of points lower than the previous, Arm @ 2 ( now 4 @ Lvl 31 ), Per @ 2 ( now 4 ), and work Nature up ( now 6, but could've been left @ 5 for now ). Rarely had issues with survivability with her. With Str 8 she does some nice damage.
Yeah, it's playstyle. I'm an old RPG campaigner, just have a knack with these style games. I'm sure you do too mate.

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2022
Come on, she doesn't. As I mentioned taunting skill provides a solid bonus for defence and thus Tia can work as a tank from day one. Of course her first several skills should go into armor, but she is a decent tank even on level 5 with the help of brilliant taunting skill (if necessary you can also defend when not renewing taunting, but I rarely used this combo, because just taunting is enough even on low levels).
It was how I played and I have never been even close to losing Tia (come to think about that I don't really know what happens if Tia gets killed in battle, I have never expirienced it)
I've had Tia go down...I mean not just on MC cock, but in battle. As long as the MC, Livia, or both are still up at battle's end, then it's fine ( apart from being at 1 HP, which a healing potion or multiple tinctures sort out). Only a problem if you're getting swarmed...I tend to avoid that if I can...

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
I got the exact same error...anyone know something?
Yes: don't use compressed versions. Compressed Ren'py VNs should be quite safe. RPGMs? :unsure::unsure:

This warning you read in every thread's OP should be enough:

"*This unofficial port/version is not released by developer, download at your own risk."

Reactions: zARRR
4.60 star(s) 141 Votes