desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Yeah you need to be her boyfriend
That's what I thought too, but somehow it worked without telling Rick about MC x Kate. I'm not sure if I broke the game then. It did seem weird that they stopped talking about Rick after MC stops the blackmail.

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
That's what I thought too, but somehow it worked without telling Rick about MC x Kate. I'm not sure if I broke the game then. It did seem weird that they stopped talking about Rick after MC stops the blackmail.
No don’t worry it’s not broken, if I remember right you can tell it also firstly to Thomas and then to Rick and others

Reactions: desmosome

ChuckUFarley

Apr 19, 2018
Does anyone else feel frustrated doing the same quests over and over? I am fighting burnout here, and I'm not even a developer.... what stones they have.

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
But does the game support a situation where you never tell Rick, plot-wise?
Mmmmh I think not, I never tried it honestly, but I think at some point you have to reveal the hurtful truth to Rick, to progress Claire and Kate’s storyline.
Does anyone else feel frustrated doing the same quests over and over? I am fighting burnout here, and I'm not even a developer.... what stones they have.
Nope, next question

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
You know, I tried to play this without cheats for quite a while. Also tried to not look at the walkthrough too much.

You can really tell that the game is a product of incremental updates. The early/mid game progression suffers quite a bit. The character doesn't keep up with the increasing demand of many quests as they become available (often super early). It seems likely that when these high lvl quests got added to the game, most people playing update by update would have been at the appropriate level. New players going through the game naturally won't be anywhere near those levels. Lvl 15/20/30+ quests are being unlocked way before low lvl quests. You are juggling a huge amount of concurrent character arcs, sometimes with time limits.

The idea of a sandbox with so much freedom like this is probably to give a sense of immersion, but when you have to hold off on a supposedly urgent quest indefinitely to do other stuff, that immersion is lost. If you want to raise the level in a reasonable rate, you would probably have to put everything on hold and grind some fights which would also kinda break immersion.

Then there is the d20 system. It's absurdly punishing, especially when everything is gated by Energy which you can only regain by sleeping. I found myself save scumming those rolls quite a bit, so I just ended up cheating after about about 10 hours into the game. I'd say 10 hours is plenty of time to get a feel for it.

A brutal and punishing world is cool if there is a reasonable sense of progression. But the game misses the mark on that front. There are barely any quests offering character improvements. I still haven't seen anyone teaching the other weapons/shield/skills. Money is a constant issue. Energy is a constant issue. Exp is incredibly slow, and the enemies even scale with your lvl. The conditions for progressing certain characters are not always intuitive. Many characters have cross over requirements with the progression of others.

At some point, I realized I was totally in the "scene hunting" mindset, rather than the RPG mindset. That's when I knew that it was time to cheat.

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
You know, I tried to play this without cheats for quite a while. Also tried to not look at the walkthrough too much.

You can really tell that the game is a product of incremental updates. The early/mid game progression suffers quite a bit. The character doesn't keep up with the increasing demand of many quests as they become available (often super early). It seems likely that when these high lvl quests got added to the game, most people playing update by update would have been at the appropriate level. New players going through the game naturally won't be anywhere near those levels. Lvl 15/20/30+ quests are being unlocked way before low lvl quests. You are juggling a huge amount of concurrent character arcs, sometimes with time limits.

The idea of a sandbox with so much freedom like this is probably to give a sense of immersion, but when you have to hold off on a supposedly urgent quest indefinitely to do other stuff, that immersion is lost. If you want to raise the level in a reasonable rate, you would probably have to put everything on hold and grind some fights which would also kinda break immersion.

Then there is the d20 system. It's absurdly punishing, especially when everything is gated by Energy which you can only regain by sleeping. I found myself save scumming those rolls quite a bit, so I just ended up cheating after about about 10 hours into the game. I'd say 10 hours is plenty of time to get a feel for it.

A brutal and punishing world is cool if there is a reasonable sense of progression. But the game misses the mark on that front. There are barely any quests offering character improvements. I still haven't seen anyone teaching the other weapons/shield/skills. Money is a constant issue. Energy is a constant issue. Exp is incredibly slow, and the enemies even scale with your lvl. The conditions for progressing certain characters are not always intuitive. Many characters have cross over requirements with the progression of others.

At some point, I realized I was totally in the "scene hunting" mindset, rather than the RPG mindset. That's when I knew that it was time to cheat.
I know that the progression level and other minor gameplay parts are like a seesaw, but that’s because it’s still a work in progress.
In fact one of the updates that should arrive this year is a rework and balance.
Rework of enemy leves and drop rates, and other things that may be seen too grindy, balancing the game experience

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
The reason a lot of games work this way is because a lot of games are renpy, which comes with that function built it.
This game is NOT renpy, which is why it does not work.
That's a wrong assumption in itself.
Sure CTRL ALSO works on RenPy, but RenPy has a build in skip function which can be triggered by TAB aswell.
Most RPGM games that support skipping (which admittetly is rather low) have it tied to the left CTRL key.

You can increase energy with Potions and spells along the way and Upgradeing your constitution skill reduces energy consumption by any action drastically (also increases overall Energy and HP)

Last edited:

Samuel Hidayat

May 16, 2019

Other method of regaining Energy is by chugging those Energy Potions. Then again, you gotta work your way through Rumah quests to get it.

Tykopulus

Mar 1, 2020
Will Imawyn shut down the bandits camp when u punish her long enough?
Or is the final step to put her in chains?

(She has 10 corrution since some days and is now waiting for me every night :p )

RevGen10

Jan 12, 2019
Will Imawyn shut down the bandits camp when u punish her long enough?
Or is the final step to put her in chains?

(She has 10 corrution since some days and is now waiting for me every night :p )
No. You eventually do have to capture her...or Lyvia will

Tykopulus

Mar 1, 2020
Is her Story Arc at the end when you capture her? Or is there content with her after that?

Oh and one additional thing... i played the game for 20 hours without any problems... but since yesterday the game freeses 2-4x the hour. (When you go to bed - or change area - or just while walking around) Sound and soundeffects still work. But the clock and i dont move anymore.

Is this a knows bug? Can you fix it?

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Btw, I just realized you can set relations with the Markus Letter. Is this simple word replacement that doesn't really make sense with the plot, or is there a legit half sister narrative?

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
Btw, I just realized you can set relations with the Markus Letter. Is this simple word replacement that doesn't really make sense with the plot, or is there a legit half sister narrative?
Let’s call it an anti patreon police measure.
Mira has got some different lines if you write sister and so does the MC, tho he’ll keep calling Markus “Dad” or “Mentor” depending for the situation.
You can choose whatever you feel it is more believable, or congruent in the story.

Reactions: desmosome
4.60 star(s) 141 Votes