zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
Beta orbiter cuck = be in love with a woman who belongs to a another man. Pine after her while staying in her orbit, doing stuff for her and being there fore her while a real man rails her.
(and don't even get me started on spending 18 years hiding in a village raising her child for her that isn't your child)
I'd call that being friend zoned, I agree on the beta part though, just not the cuck part. as this is a one sided fascination on his part.
He didn't know her before and never had any feelings for her... it's not like they were childhood friends and her being stolen from him
Hey but beta cucking and frienzoning aside, Markus raised the MC not because he wanted to cherish the sprout if her so loved woman, but more because it was his job of protecting MC.
Markus may had just a professional relationship with her, with no feelings attached (or at least for The mc’s mother) or something more, we don’t know.
It’s all speculation till Kirlic drops

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Most of the frequent posters are probably playing with NTR off, but I want to talk about the optional NTR here for a bit.

I was curious about the NTR and went back on a save to fiddle around with Kate NTR which seems to be the biggest route for NTR related stuff. The "issue" I see with most of the NTR in this game is the insistence on the MC POV. We can't see the scenes unless MC spies on them. If MC spies on them, that means he has to know. If he has to know, that means he has to be OK with it. If he is OK with it, it's just sharing/netorase/big pimpin' rather than NTR.

I know this game was never targeted towards true NTR lovers, but this is the fundamental issue in many games that adds optional NTR in a Hero's Journey type of story. If they insist on keeping the MC POV at all times, it's rather hard to fit actual NTR into a story designed to show the MC's growth. Either the narrative suffers because there is a conflict between a knowingly unwilling cuck and the plot, or it turns into sharing/pimping which removes the blow of NTR.

I just find it much easier to fit optional NTR into plots like this if the game is ok showing scenes from the female POV without the male MC's knowledge. That said, the Kate and some others are probably intentionally designed as netorase/pimping arc. I know there was the Emily bandit thing that happens without the MC being there. And Tia got raped by some bandits when MC got knocked out.

I love the attention to detail in this game though. There seems to be a huge amount of variations in the text based on a myriad of conditions. For example, I let Rick date Kate first before swooping in and doing the netori. I was wondering if netori talks would actually happen, and it certainly did. Super hot dialogues about it too. When you bring passed out Rick back home and go to Arianna, there are a lot of talks about banging Rick's GF and sister and getting them pregnant.

Reactions: ravven_7

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
If MC spies on them, that means he has to know. If he has to know, that means he has to be OK with it. If he is OK with it, it's just sharing/netorase/big pimpin' rather than NTR.
No. sharing/netorase/pimping is when you give your permission.
Not when you sneak around and spy on the cheating girlfriend while masturbating with neither the girlfriend nor the bull being aware that you are secretly watching them.

Also, rather than being ok with it, another explanation is that he is too much of a coward to put a stop to it.

Reactions: Pr0GamerJohnny

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Hey but beta cucking and frienzoning aside, Markus raised the MC not because he wanted to cherish the sprout if her so loved woman, but more because it was his job of protecting MC.
Markus may had just a professional relationship with her, with no feelings attached (or at least for The mc’s mother) or something more, we don’t know.
It’s all speculation till Kirlic drops
Marcus admitted his love to MCs mother anyway in the letter, the only thing that changes was wether her husband was an abusive bastard or a loveing and careing one

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Well in that case call it his duty, in feudal society towards the chosen lord/lady.
Marcus didn't run with the MC for honor and duty, it was for a form of admiration or blind love.
I am not sure wether he started to date Emily to console himself from his lost love or in order to create the illusion of a family in order to hide the MC better either.
Though eventually it likely BECAME love

Reactions: zARRR and mrttao

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Most of the frequent posters are probably playing with NTR off, but I want to talk about the optional NTR here for a bit.
Nope. I bet 99% love route players - like myself - play with ntr on. Watching old Giron porking Yazmine is hilarious: why should I cut off these scenes?

:LOL:

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
Marcus didn't run with the MC for honor and duty, it was for a form of admiration or blind love.
I am not sure wether he started to date Emily to console himself from his lost love or in order to create the illusion of a family in order to hide the MC better either.
He was her guard, so it was his duty to save her family after he could no longer save her.

PederSilver5

Aug 18, 2020
I can't catch a rat with the trap for the Verena quest.
Build a lot of traps, you get "formula" > skill to make traps if you have materials, can make at your home on worktable. Place many traps afield as you work away from towncenter. About 1/8th are rats balance rabbits. Look Rockey I am gonna pull a rabbit out of my hat. Store the rabbits in front of woman your "dad" or surogate dad banged. Mira's house in cage you build for storage. Helps keep diet of Mira's family fed when your adventuring.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Meowmadam

PederSilver5

Aug 18, 2020
according to the original letters, his step father may have guarded the royal family. The MC maybe a bastard child with some claim to the throne.... The update allowed you to be actual brother or no, not certain what the Dev will write later for plot.

PederSilver5

Aug 18, 2020
according to the original letters, his step father may have guarded the royal family. The MC maybe a bastard child with some claim to the throne.... The update allowed you to be actual brother or no, not certain what the Dev will write later for plot.

PederSilver5

Aug 18, 2020
Let's do this:

Nellyg

Oct 27, 2018
Marcus admitted his love to MCs mother anyway in the letter, the only thing that changes was wether her husband was an abusive bastard or a loveing and careing one
Marcus seemed to like him, in his letter he referred to him as a good man. So I'll go with the latter!

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
He was her guard, so it was his duty to save her family after he could no longer save her.
He was no Knight or Royal guard as far as we know, his duty would have ended with his employers death.... that aside Marcus never knew the fate of them.
MCs mother asked him to take MC and run BEFORE anything happened, Marcus hated it but wasn't refuseing her.
No there is no hint about his families Status in the letters (Marcus was to afraid of someone else than MC finding it)... only that if MC wants to know the trueth he should visit the Abby in Kirlic.

Reactions: zARRR
4.60 star(s) 141 Votes