Matiur13

Nov 23, 2020
Chyos It would be cool if the moral gets too low the Mercs will mutiny and rape Lyvia/Tia/Liandra, nice way to give an NTR option to the Merc system.
Yeah but giving the girls away is more like Netorase/willingly cucking yourself, I would prefer a Netorare option where the troops forcibly fuck the women if you dont keep them in high spirits.
That could be an event if:
  • You didn't convince Imawyn to join the camp or she stop using her Charm to keep them in line for some specific reason.
  • The mercs that mutiny were not soulbound by the MC (either recluted by been convinced by the MC or promised to be paid gold).
As long as Liandra is in the Camp with Imawyn she will be safe from assault.

Tia and/or Lyvia alone with a group of Mercs in some mission/location without the MC or Imawyn are susceptible to have to deal with dire circumstances.

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
Damn the inconsistencies here

But did you know that some of the most famous (or notorious) leaders out there were scared of cats?
From Alexander to Genghis Khan, from Napoleon to many dictators of the 20th century.
They were all Ailurophobic, (fear of cats), was it because of their eyes?
Their fur?
Or is it because cats believe they are superior and king of the houses?
Therefore is living with your archnemesis?
MC has a cat then either he is the new perfect rulers or it’s an inconsistency!
Therefore 1 star out 5.

• Haha
Reactions: Evangelion-01

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018

But did you know that some of the most famous (or notorious) leaders out there were scared of cats?
From Alexander to Genghis Khan, from Napoleon to many dictators of the 20th century.
Their fur?
Therefore 1 star out 5.
He doesn't own the cat though as he always says that the Items she brings must come from her true owner... he is just entertaining and waiting her... like all of his girls to be honest.
Maybe We could consider him a trader of "love" to the other gender... he pleases them and they do him in return.
Given his interactions with other males so far is either brutal or strongly if not purely beneficial to him.

...MC might rule a kingdom one day, but will always be ruled by his "wifes" :sneaky:

Reactions: zARRR

123Ins123

Feb 20, 2021

Their fur?
Therefore 1 star out 5.
Firstly, cats are different (lions and cheetahs are also cats) and the eyes have nothing to do with it. I haven't heard such nonsense for a long time. And secondly, to believe the official historians, who, hiding half the truth or suppressing it, compose the official version of the Grimm brothers' tales. For example, if there is an Arabic chronicle about the Genghisades (Genghis Khan dynasty), according to which "Genghis Khan himself was red-haired, had a red beard and had a face similar to the Rus." It is not worth mentioning that official historians are making nonsense about the fact that he was either a Mongol, or a Tatar and was narrow-eyed. (by the way, Mongolia appeared only in 1924 thanks to V.I. Lenin)

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Firstly, cats are different (lions and cheetahs are also cats) and the eyes have nothing to do with it. I haven't heard such nonsense for a long time. And secondly, to believe the official historians, who, hiding half the truth or suppressing it, compose the official version of the Grimm brothers' tales. For example, if there is an Arabic chronicle about the Genghisades (Genghis Khan dynasty), according to which "Genghis Khan himself was red-haired, had a red beard and had a face similar to the Rus." It is not worth mentioning that official historians are making nonsense about the fact that he was either a Mongol, or a Tatar and was narrow-eyed. (by the way, Mongolia appeared only in 1924 thanks to V.I. Lenin)
One problem of history is that it's always deluded... the job of an historian is to find as many sources towards an Event or Person as possible inorder to find as many common bases as possible some times.
I never heard of a source like you describe so it's either a single one or the majority of sources describe him otherwise while being confirmed by other sources to be true.
Alexander is displayed with Lions and Cleopatra with Panthers... but does that mean they kept those as pets or is this artisticle interpretation for their Characters?
Another fact is that cats, especially black ones were considered as servants of the devil in the dark age (medieval) among christians around the world

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
He doesn't own the cat though as he always says that the Items she brings must come from her true owner... he is just entertaining and waiting her... like all of his girls to be honest.
Maybe We could consider him a trader of "love" to the other gender... he pleases them and they do him in return.
Given his interactions with other males so far is either brutal or strongly if not purely beneficial to him.

...MC might rule a kingdom one day, but will always be ruled by his "wifes" :sneaky:
Who is the true owner then?
Was it all along Sypha?
Is it another character we still didn’t see?
Is it a forever unnamed npc?
Firstly lions aren’t cats, both Cats and lions are of the the same family felidae, but both their subfamily and genus are different.
Wolf and dogs are more biologically similar to each other.
The eyes are an important characteristic of cats, even if mine was a line of pathos to enchance the joke, people get scared by that, even Edgar Allan Poe focuses on their eyes.
I met people who cried when saw cats and when I asked them they always mentioned the eyes.
Second, of course most historians aren’t meant to be believed faithfully in every word but they are historical sources nonetheless, both of their age and of what view they had on the past.
The Grim brothers you mentioned are from a patriotic moment in history, if you take historians or sources from a era closer to Genghis you’ll find other types of sources.
But the problem remains, why cats?
Is it an historian clichè?
Is it connected to some god complex?
Why dictators in 20th feared cats, and they were sourced?
Were they trying to reconnect to an old tradition?
Is it just propaganda?
Of course there are exceptions, but the belief that cats are feared by rulers still lives and finds its roots still everywhere.
And it may be an important subject of reasearch.

Ending off topic, let’s talk ahout something in topic.
Like the mercenary system, I am waiting for it, I hope it’ll be fun and not frustrating

Reactions: Evangelion-01

Matiur13

Nov 23, 2020
Maybe 1 of the mercs could desert if moral is low and the payment to them is late.
Example: moral is low + you are 1 week late in paying them= 1 of your men abandon his post (Mine/Town/Camp).

I don't think it would be implemented yet (or implemented at all), given that most events in the game can be dragged indefinitelly until you activate a trigger.
They can simply abandon their task and return to camp if they are pissed or injured (like the injured Rumah).

Last edited:

Matiur13

Nov 23, 2020
Another possible addition/option is: men can desert if there is low moral and you don't pay them for a while IF Imawyn is not in Camp or is pissed with the MC (like you didn't visit her for more than 7/14 days). But the probability of implementation is low.

Anyway, I think quitting work would be the most probable consequence for low moral and/or unpaid wages.

So far the Mercs have been working for free so I look forward to see the management system.

Last edited:

Matiur13

Nov 23, 2020
The desertion possibility I mention is just an extreme penalty for failing to fulfill your role as Leader and would be a little annoying if implemented. Having to recluit a new mercenary if one dies in a mission or on duty is troublesome in itself.

But a penalty should be annoying, like Aidalin fucking Mira if you misbehave, even if the guy so far is all talk and doesn't do anything all day.
Maybe he is a great guy, and we can meet Liandra because of him (indirectly), but he doesn't help around the Church and is in his room all day. So Mira been his booty call, for free, is a penalty.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
So far the Mercs have been working for free so I look forward to see the management system.
For free? well, you have to recruit them. Since the try and repeat process is very annoying, I had to pay them mostly (sometimes even 6 gold coins). And no, I will never use black magic to brainwash people.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Maybe 1 of the mercs could desert if moral is low and the payment to them is late.
Example: moral is low + you are 1 week late in paying them= 1 of your men abandon his post (Mine/Town/Camp).

I don't think it would be implemented yet (or implemented at all), given that most events in the game can be dragged indefinitelly until you activate a trigger.
They can simply abandon their task and return to camp if they are pissed or injured (like the injured Rumah).
Another possible addition/option is: men can desert if there is low moral and you don't pay them for a while IF Imawyn is not in Camp or is pissed with the MC (like you didn't visit her for more than 7/14 days). But the probability of implementation is low.

Anyway, I think quitting work would be the most probable consequence for low moral and/or unpaid wages.

The desertion possibility I mention is just an extreme penalty for failing to fulfill your role as Leader and would be a little annoying if implemented. Having to recluit a new mercenary if one dies in a mission or on duty is troublesome in itself.

But a penalty should be annoying, like Aidalin fucking Mira if you misbehave, even if the guy so far is all talk and doesn't do anything all day.
Maybe he is a great guy, and we can meet Liandra because of him (indirectly), but he doesn't help around the Church and is in his room all day. So Mira been his booty call, for free, is a penalty.
Why are you so eager to make things complicated, convoluted and difficult (for the players and for the Author)?

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
Chyos already stated that he doesn’t want to make a game in a game, the mercenaries management is gonna be not as complexed as some hope.
I’ll form my judgement when it gets released, but don’t expect the world.
For free? well, you have to recruit them. Since the try and repeat process is very annoying, I had to pay them mostly (sometimes even 6 gold coins). And no, I will never use black magic to brainwash people.
Persuader gang

Samuel Hidayat

May 16, 2019
Since the try and repeat process is very annoying, I had to pay them mostly (sometimes even 6 gold coins). And no, I will never use black magic to brainwash people.
I wonder if there will be bonuses to mercs you recruited by diplomacy instead of gold or magic. Maybe they'll be more loyal to you than the gold ones, but still retain their individuality than the magic ones.

Matiur13

Nov 23, 2020
You mean every month you pay 6 golds to, at least, one mercenary, apart from the initial payment?
Why are you so eager to make things complicated, convoluted and difficult (for the players and for the Author)?
Ok. Desertion is an event that won't happen and I don't want it to happen. If I expose silly ideas just ignore them.

The main point of my posts was:
  • Mercenaries can get hurt in a mission or on duty (like fighting a goblin gang): you lost 1 worker in one of the post, similar to the Rumah workers. When you heal him you can asign him again to his post.
  • One or more of the mercenaries quit working if you don't asigned enough gold to pay them, similar to food for the Rumah workers.
I was thinking the merc system could be similar to Rumah management. Just a line of though. If its not as complex as above exposed I don't mind.

My gold have never decreased to pay the mercenaries even if I initially offered gold or convinced them.
If a fixed quantity of my gold don't disappear misteriously every month I am bound to think I'm not paying the mercs any gold.

It seems gold for the mercs will have to be allocated in a bank or specific spot in the management system, so it should be easy to manage.

Last edited:

Matiur13

Nov 23, 2020
I would like Imawyn to have a more active rol in the game, similar to Dasan been the intermediary in the Rumah management. She can't leave Camp, to keep it protected from the Raven, so she wouldn't be able to be sent in missions with a group of fighters. But Lyvia could.

But simply interacting with the desks in the Leader tent is more practical.

4.60 star(s) 141 Votes