Enkaan

Sep 18, 2018
Wow. I did like most of the game but the last chapter and that end were terrible. Too sudden and completely unlike the rest.
If you decide the next time that you would rather start with another project you should consider to just abandon the old one instead of doing something like this and calling it finished.

Sorry for the harsh ciritik.

Apart from that i liked the artstyle and the scenario.

Jun 18, 2017
seriously what the fuck. we share a common interest the game continually hints that there is a way to do it right and you can brew a freaking aphrodisiac potion. why does it have to suddenly be OOC RAPE to the point where even the rapist is like why the fuck am i doing this. an easy cop out solution would be to talk to her about alchemy (to get her attention) and the propose "testing" an aphrodisiac potion together or even just remind her of what she ALREADY KNOWS you need to do together.
seriously WTF. I even made multiple aphrodisiac poitons (and then multiple of all the potions) when I realized the first dicking was just a straight up rape scene. hell you got her to do an "observation test" with your penis without even having alchemy involved. so WTF.
would have taken the creator just as much effort to reuse already existing tools as it did to write suddenly MC just straight up rapes a girl who already agreed to have sex with him for no reason.
Then vomits at what he did RIGHT THERE then begs for forgiveness THE NEXT DAY and gets a sure just be more honest with yourself bro...
THE FUCK!

str8up

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2020
how to get the console out? Shift+o didn't work, not sure otherwise....
i got you bro....for future reference this method works for all games like these....goto your a tale of eden folder and open folder called renpy and then open folder called common and look for a file called 00console.rpy and open it with what ever txt editor you use and look for this line

# If true, the console is enabled despite config.developer being False.

config.console = False

remove False and type True
should look exactly like this

# If true, the console is enabled despite config.developer being False.

config.console = True

save/exit and then go back to your game open and play and shift o will work

str8up

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2020
Here is what you have to do.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
BULLSHIT...stupid mushroom guy comes and disrupts everytime i been trying for over a hour real life time NOT game time
im no further ahead then when i started work work work work work...eventually she will ask you a question or 2
and rinse repeat ...ask her questions and always same answers ..talk to me again when you earned my trust

str8up

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2020
BULLSHIT...stupid mushroom guy comes and disrupts everytime i been trying for over a hour real life time NOT game time
im no further ahead then when i started work work work work work...eventually she will ask you a question or 2
and rinse repeat ...ask her questions and always same answers ..talk to me again when you earned my trust
i used console cheats to set threat to 0 and when i spent time i for a heart right away first try
threat=x

str8up

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2020
ability=x
knowledge=x
stars=x
threat=x

x being any number you choose
remember guys and dolls dont play harder play smarter

str8up

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2020
ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME !!!
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/teachevents.rpy", line 326, in script
t "{size=20}[teach_name]{/size}"
KeyError: u'teach_name'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "Z:\home\Dave\Downloads\A_Tale_of_Eden-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 313, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "Z:\home\Dave\Downloads\A_Tale_of_Eden-pc\renpy\main.py", line 525, in main
run(restart)
File "Z:\home\Dave\Downloads\A_Tale_of_Eden-pc\renpy\main.py", line 139, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "Z:\home\Dave\Downloads\A_Tale_of_Eden-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 892, in run_context
context.run()
File "Z:\home\Dave\Downloads\A_Tale_of_Eden-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 694, in execute
renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
File "Z:\home\Dave\Downloads\A_Tale_of_Eden-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1322, in say
who(what, *args, **kwargs)
File "Z:\home\Dave\Downloads\A_Tale_of_Eden-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1114, in __call__
what = what_pattern.replace("[what]", sub(what, translate=True))
File "Z:\home\Dave\Downloads\A_Tale_of_Eden-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1103, in sub
return renpy.substitutions.substitute(s, scope=scope, force=force, translate=translate)[0]
File "Z:\home\Dave\Downloads\A_Tale_of_Eden-pc\renpy\substitutions.py", line 244, in substitute
s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs)
File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 563, in vformat
File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 585, in _vformat
File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 646, in get_field
File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 605, in get_value
KeyError: u'teach_name'

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.2.2.491
A Tale of Eden
Thu Sep 10 03:25:39 2020

FUCK THIS GAME

Hexogen

Dec 20, 2019
Game was great until the last 5 minutes. This is quite possibly the worst ending they could've written. MC just breaking character, doing a complete 180°. And the writing after it has been horrendous too. I also just realized that this is the same dev as MIST, another game I really like. Let's hope he doesn't fuck up that too... Someone should probably add the Rape tag to this.

Last edited:

ultimusmagus

Sep 1, 2017
Talk about mental blue balls. Eve mentions more than once that she wants to lose her virginity to MC in order to become a true Succubus, but dev leaves you hanging. A true artist finishes what they started. Even if other ideas pop into your head, you go back to the unfinished product. You don't force an ending like that. Not looking forward to any other works by 395 if they're gonna disrespect their own work.

Reactions: Master of Puppets

395games_Rathieu

Developer of Mist and Covenant of Morn.
Game Developer
Nov 17, 2018
Talk about mental blue balls. Eve mentions more than once that she wants to lose her virginity to MC in order to become a true Succubus, but dev leaves you hanging. A true artist finishes what they started. Even if other ideas pop into your head, you go back to the unfinished product. You don't force an ending like that. Not looking forward to any other works by 395 if they're gonna disrespect their own work.
I don't really think leaving my work behind means that I can't be a "true" artist. Back then I was extremely unhappy and knew only one thing, I couldn't keep working on the project. I didn't like the foundation I had created. I am not a full time creator and started this as a hobby project with prospects of making my hobby into a job. I don't think I had any obligation to keep working on something that made me unhappy. Back then I had about 20 patrons and they were fine with me moving on. So I don't think I disrespected my work. I learned a tremendous amount from it and used that knowledge to create something 100% better and something that I actually like.

Now don't get me wrong. I ended this game badly, I know. I wasn't very familiar with the scene and didn't even consider the option of marking the game as abandoned. I wanted to be done with it, and I only thought about "completing" it. Even though the ending is very bad and rushed. The rape stuff was stupid. Looking onto the scene from a superficial level I thought it was popular, so I put it in. A stupid move, It was neither that kind of story, nor am I the kind of writer for that. I know how bad that was. Now I am not writing to apologize or to say the criticism is wrong. It is the opposite. I wanted to let everyone reading this know that I am conscious of the mistakes I made. I should have handled it differently and I didnt. But I find the sentiment that all of my work must be bad because of the ending of this game to be a bit unfair. I think it is the opposite. You learn from mistakes and I have learned that I need to approach my games differently.

ultimusmagus

Sep 1, 2017
I don't really think leaving my work behind means that I can't be a "true" artist. Back then I was extremely unhappy and knew only one thing, I couldn't keep working on the project. I didn't like the foundation I had created. I am not a full time creator and started this as a hobby project with prospects of making my hobby into a job. I don't think I had any obligation to keep working on something that made me unhappy. Back then I had about 20 patrons and they were fine with me moving on. So I don't think I disrespected my work. I learned a tremendous amount from it and used that knowledge to create something 100% better and something that I actually like.

Now don't get me wrong. I ended this game badly, I know. I wasn't very familiar with the scene and didn't even consider the option of marking the game as abandoned. I wanted to be done with it, and I only thought about "completing" it. Even though the ending is very bad and rushed. The rape stuff was stupid. Looking onto the scene from a superficial level I thought it was popular, so I put it in. A stupid move, It was neither that kind of story, nor am I the kind of writer for that. I know how bad that was. Now I am not writing to apologize or to say the criticism is wrong. It is the opposite. I wanted to let everyone reading this know that I am conscious of the mistakes I made. I should have handled it differently and I didnt. But I find the sentiment that all of my work must be bad because of the ending of this game to be a bit unfair. I think it is the opposite. You learn from mistakes and I have learned that I need to approach my games differently.
I respect your response. If you're dissatisfied with how you ended the story yourself, then maybe you should do something about it in between projects. You're not required to, of course, but even big budget movies have been revised because creators weren't satisfied with how a story ended, or because the technology at the time wasn't sufficient to the story's needs. Give it some thought.

Reactions: cuchulin
Aug 2, 2020

Should we expect a possible sequel?

3.30 star(s) 26 Votes