Notretsam

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
Hey Notretsam, why are you using such an old version of Ren'Py?
Also, your main .EXE is detected as a trojan or generic malware by . It's probably a false positive; you should update Ren'Py and leave the icon alone to avoid that.

Here is a Win/Lin/Mac build doing just that -

P.S. — I've taken a look at the game and I must say, it needs more "time in the oven". The text needs a lot of proofreading. I don't think anyone here expects a college-level magnum opus, but ending sentences with some form of punctuation, correct spelling, and proper use of contractions can't be too much to ask for. A nearly 300 page script is commendable, but it is clear a few more drafts are necessary before you move on to show us more of it.
Am using 7.4.0 version, the most recent stable version is 7.3.5, I am using the wrong version but it's not an old version, am using the most recent beta version. This might explain the false positives you experienced but not sure as unable to recreate that error, and I checked again this morning. Am sure it's just an overly sensitive A/V or F/W and nothing to worry about like you alluded to.

7.4.0 is working perfectly fine for me, so assumed it be good to use, I'll use the most recent stable release next time instead of beta.

As for the rest of your post, I use Grammarly but don't have premium version, I didn't put dialogue through Grammarly as don't think people should care about perfect grammar or punctuation in dialogue. However, I don't think it will take to long to run it through Grammarly, so I look into that for the next update.

Uncle Grabby

Feb 16, 2017
Am using 7.4.0 version, the most recent stable version is 7.3.5, I am using the wrong version but it's not an old version, am using the most recent beta version. This might explain the false positives you experienced but not sure as unable to recreate that error, and I checked again this morning. Am sure it's just an overly sensitive A/V or F/W and nothing to worry about like you alluded to.

7.4.0 is working perfectly fine for me, so assumed it be good to use, I'll use the most recent stable release next time instead of beta.

As for the rest of your post, I use Grammarly but don't have premium version, I didn't put dialogue through Grammarly as don't think people should care about perfect grammar or punctuation in dialogue. However, I don't think it will take to long to run it through Grammarly, so I look into that for the next update.
The use of proper grammar is key in communication. It's the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off the horse, or helping your uncle jack off the horse.

Heh heh.

Last edited:

Notretsam

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
FYI - Game gets blocked as malware. Beware.
If you had bothered to read the thread, you would see this has already been covered, there is no malware in ATCT, this is an issue with Renpy and specifically, the icon it uses, I need to make and add my icon and that will fix it, which I will do for the next release.

So, therefore, its a false positive and fine to ignore the alert.

Notretsam

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
Chapter 2 Dev Note 4

If anyone is interested in progress for next chapter release, you can see progress on my

I don't have any official plans regarding the frequency of updates, it's basically when I get it done. However, I would prefer to get an update out every 4-8 weeks but that is not a guarantee.

Also, updates will always be free but each chapter is part of a "set" and when a set is completed, there be a charge (via itch) for a completed set. Of course, I know it will appear here for free eventually (hopefully at least a week after release) but I got to make money to keep me going.

If my patreon/itch donation/only fans accounts go well enough, then thought is I just sell a completed season, instead of splitting the season into parts to sell.

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
Chapter 2 Dev Note 4

If anyone is interested in progress for next chapter release, you can see progress on my

I don't have any official plans regarding the frequency of updates, it's basically when I get it done. However, I would prefer to get an update out every 4-8 weeks but that is not a guarantee.

Also, updates will always be free but each chapter is part of a "set" and when a set is completed, there be a charge (via itch) for a completed set. Of course, I know it will appear here for free eventually (hopefully at least a week after release) but I got to make money to keep me going.

If my patreon/itch donation/only fans accounts go well enough, then thought is I just sell a completed season, instead of splitting the season into parts to sell.
Sorry mate, but if money was the goal of this project then you probably shouldn't have made the MC a freak of nature. Just doesn't sit well with the general audience.

Last edited:

Notretsam

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
Sorry mate, but if money was the goal of this project then you probably shouldn't have made the MC a freak of nature. Just doesn't sit well with the general audience.
Not getting into a big discussion over the look of Simon but maybe there is a reason why he looks the way he does.

Not changing him and he is not as bad as some people are implying he is.

That is all I have to say on that, thanks for the comment though :)

• Angry
Reactions: acondo

Notretsam

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
Chapter 2 Release

Windows, Linux and Mac versions available for free via

Change Log
  • 125 new images
  • 15 new scenes
  • 23 pages from screenplay added
  • 3 new sex scenes
Chapter 2 description
Simon is on a quest to find out more about the magic book, which leads him to Emma, who will face many surprises she didn't see coming from Simon and Tiffany. Tiffany gets some news from Brenda that makes her uncertain about what she thought she knew.

Last edited:

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I don't think the MC needs bringing up again, people have mentioned that enough times.

So lets talk about this Emma the game has had us following around for .... reasons.

So far she's been a cumdump to an old guy and a weird kid pretending magic is real. Then she has a flash of greatness and stands up to the games bully ... only to instantly bitch out and back down then end up on her knees servicing someone else.

So besides bending over for anyone and being utterly useless ... what purpose is she supposed to serve?

Why are we following her around when she does nothing and all we get to see is her made into a fucktoy for whoever happens to be on the screen?

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
i dont mind a geek dumb looking mc... but was it really necessary to give him such "grimaces" ?
he is smart enougth to understand something is wrong. yet he look straigth up dumb on some case. that didn't very fit well between both personality.

the story is not that much original (wich is a shame :/, we need more originality), the classic step-mother/sister being bully is pretty basic and counter sense.

if a woman is a money digger, cougar, gold sucker or whatever call her... and same goes for the daughter. Then they will probably do everything to specifically NOT attract attention to that. so they will be extremly nice to everybudy and hide their plan until it's perfectly done (dad died or something).
The fact MC find it out because he is considered bad by them, make the whole story like a "that's the story folks!" and dont really want to continu as we already know what's going on and what "obviously" gonna happen.

soo unless MC discover that finally the couple wasn't trying to steal anything or enjoying money because dad is rich , and discover thatt he mother have a second secret daughter that require overpricing medical attention and she try to do the best to get her money to heal her without putting such troubles into others people (wich explain why she make it secretly).... or if Mc just fall in love with a squirrel that can sing "still loving you" on his bedroom's window. then that game is a no go for many people sadly.

because the following is kind of obvious, so no surprise or twist or anything... wich is kind of required to give a bit of originality. specially when MC look like the standard dumb nerd we see usually caricatured by many others.

just my opinion tho..

you should add something unique behind. otherwide, it wont go far. honestly.

ps : magic isn't original, it's just straigth up lazyness in 99% of case with some excuse to quickly allow things that require more time to progress in , like relationship, sex etc.)

laeg

Donor
Dec 22, 2017
From what i readed main story is about mc is watching others fuck their family members,am i right? Cause i know that it is not considered like "real" NTR but geting same vibes about it...:)

PeggyBlackett

Engaged Member
Jan 24, 2018
There is no gameplay, no choices, A town called Tool is a linear story that you read and view.

As the Old Man in Zachariah* said

[It's] got what you're lookin' for if that's what you're lookin' for.
Not what i'm lookin' for ... but good luck; i know there are a lot of potential fans out there to give you an audience.

===========================

; a very surreal 1971 Western starring Jon Rubinstein and Don Johnson {long before Miami Vice}, featuring appearances by and performances by Country Joe and the Fish, Doug Kershaw, The James Gang and others, written by Firesign Theatre and based on Hesse's Siddhartha..

Reactions: Notretsam

Notretsam

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
i dont mind a geek dumb looking mc... but was it really necessary to give him such "grimaces" ?
he is smart enougth to understand something is wrong. yet he look straigth up dumb on some case. that didn't very fit well between both personality.

the story is not that much original (wich is a shame :/, we need more originality), the classic step-mother/sister being bully is pretty basic and counter sense.

if a woman is a money digger, cougar, gold sucker or whatever call her... and same goes for the daughter. Then they will probably do everything to specifically NOT attract attention to that. so they will be extremly nice to everybudy and hide their plan until it's perfectly done (dad died or something).
The fact MC find it out because he is considered bad by them, make the whole story like a "that's the story folks!" and dont really want to continu as we already know what's going on and what "obviously" gonna happen.

soo unless MC discover that finally the couple wasn't trying to steal anything or enjoying money because dad is rich , and discover thatt he mother have a second secret daughter that require overpricing medical attention and she try to do the best to get her money to heal her without putting such troubles into others people (wich explain why she make it secretly).... or if Mc just fall in love with a squirrel that can sing "still loving you" on his bedroom's window. then that game is a no go for many people sadly.

because the following is kind of obvious, so no surprise or twist or anything... wich is kind of required to give a bit of originality. specially when MC look like the standard dumb nerd we see usually caricatured by many others.

just my opinion tho..

you should add something unique behind. otherwide, it wont go far. honestly.

ps : magic isn't original, it's just straigth up lazyness in 99% of case with some excuse to quickly allow things that require more time to progress in , like relationship, sex etc.)
I don't want to give away to much about the story for obvious reasons but it isn't just what you say, I must admit season 1 does have elements that match what you're saying in this post.

I have a 4/5 season plan, season 1 is about introducing characters and setting up the main story with a side story along the way, hope that makes sense.

Notretsam

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
I don't think the MC needs bringing up again, people have mentioned that enough times.

So lets talk about this Emma the game has had us following around for .... reasons.

So far she's been a cumdump to an old guy and a weird kid pretending magic is real. Then she has a flash of greatness and stands up to the games bully ... only to instantly bitch out and back down then end up on her knees servicing someone else.

So besides bending over for anyone and being utterly useless ... what purpose is she supposed to serve?

Why are we following her around when she does nothing and all we get to see is her made into a fucktoy for whoever happens to be on the screen?
  1. Emma introduces that Tiffany and her friends sit in the park a lot, the park is very important in future.
  2. Emma also mentioned she disliked Brenda in C1 by feeling sorry for Simon having to deal with that bitch.
  3. Emma leads to a new character Sally who Enna mentions in C2, Emma and Sally are important to season 1 story.
Emma enjoys sex and very much likes a variety of partners, she would be described as a slut by some. I never liked that a guy gets treated as a hero when he sleeps around and a woman gets called a slut, so Emma is specifically based on that but she is important to the story in season 1.

hope that helps, if I have you following another character around besides Simon, then there is a point to it, sometimes it might be just to get you back to Simon and show something different from following Simon all the time, or it's actually important to the story.

Something y'all have to figure out

edit* I did consider adding a line of dialogue with Emma where she is thinking to herself something that says she is curious to see where Tiffany is going with the demand for an apology. Similar to when you see her thinking to herself when Simon says to Jimmy about fucking her. With the benefit of hindsight, maybe I should add that in.

Last edited:

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
edit* I did consider adding a line of dialogue with Emma where she is thinking to herself something that says she is curious to see where Tiffany is going with the demand for an apology. Similar to when you see her thinking to herself when Simon says to Jimmy about fucking her. With the benefit of hindsight, maybe I should add that in.
That would have helped a lot.

As of now she stands up to bullies then immediately backs down, it does make her look a bit silly.

Notretsam

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
yeah, I will add that in for C3 release, not going do a fix just for that.

thank you

I was sorta hoping people might figure that out for themselves but it makes sense to add it.

2.60 star(s) 7 Votes