Others Abandoned A Very Small Business [v0.3.1.1] [Grabiobot]

4.70 star(s) 3 Votes

grabiobot

Game Developer
Aug 7, 2017
@grabiobot Since you're here, wanted to say thanks for making such a fun game. :) Graphics are good and animations are among the top I have seen on the site, right up there with "Adventures of Willy D".

1) I did notice a bug with the new interface of setting prices: if you don't click "reset to market price" in between any adjustment of the price +/- the calculation is based off the new value when it should *always* adjust off the actual current market price variable. So if you click "+5%" and get the total, if you then click "+10%" it should be 10% of the original market value, but now it uses the new total from the "5%" calculation instead.

That shold be a fairly easy fix, just make suure your calculations are pointing tto your original/market value and you're set. :)

2) What happened to the story of the girlfriend/wife and her friend from work? That was highly entertaining in the last version and I have yet to see it triggered in this one and I have tried talking to her in every place allowed. Her relationship is over 1000 and we do all sorts of fun things in the bedroom and kitchen so that shouldn't be the problem. :p

3) Are there any plans to expand the sex outside the bedroom/kitchen? Living room maybe? That might be another way to distract her while she's on tthe phone. ;) Or make her pole dancing a bit more interactive... Just thought I'd ask!

4) Before you add *any* option for her to run off with another guy, know that you're going to get pretty substantial backlash from that on the site here (for whatever thats worth), even if it's optional and you'll see an even greater fury if it's not optional and something that "has to" be done to further the story.

5) Another recommendation.. For the low price ittems, make sure you make the quantity bought a bit higher to make using that action/mood point worth it. In the last version is was very frustrating to only be able to buy the 'condoms/balloons' in groupd of 4-6. It would be nice if we could raiise/lower the amount of items purchasssed to resell in a single lot by 5/10%, or single units (+1 or -1), as we can raise/lower the market prices. It sucks to waste an action/mood point when your cash is just a few dollars short of what the supplier is asking for, and just getting one less item (but still some merchandise to sell) would still make it a win/win for both you and the supplier.

6) Over all good game, as someone else mentioned it's refreshing to have a 'normal' couple thats not bogged down with corruption, blackmail, etc, and the guy just has to get his priorities 'right' to make things work well. Can't wait to see what happens with the friend coming to visit.
Thank you very much for pointing out these issues, but I am not sure I understood it correctly. Are you asking if Joleen's story progressed since the last version or you are saying that it doesn't appear at all now? It should be there (although I did not extended the story).

Regarding the other points:
3) Yes, but animations take some time to create. Living-room, pole dance, bathroom too :). I would also make some changes in the way she dresses.

4) No, she won't run with another guy. But at some point you will able to let her go and have Hannah or another girl move in in her place.

5) Maybe you are right. The whole business model needs to be adjusted and I'll to it in the next version, as I have to make changes anyway in order to support more business automation.

6) Thanks. As I said, new content takes time to create, but I'll be getting there.

Thanks again for your feedback

Reactions: rodneyeatme

RobJoy

Jul 4, 2017
Uploaded a savegame with loads of progression and cash.
Just copy it to: C:\Users\<YOUR USERNAME>\AppData\Local\GBGameWinDX\GBGameWinDX\1.0.0.0\SaveGames

Enjoy.

EvgeniyDrocher

Jun 4, 2017
No, she won't do that. At least not yet. There are some talks on my Patreon about making her do it, though...
Still, nothing now and nothing in the very next release.
Well, I played and realized that it does not change, but it's a pity, but can you advise games for the computer about female cheat, please?

Yevaud6

Aug 25, 2016
I'm looking to play through the game w/o cheats, see how it handles. Is the current max energy 6 at the moment?

grabiobot

Game Developer
Aug 7, 2017
really nice, i appreciate your willingness to offer a working save.
i'd say a reasonable matching progress would be having the guest room done, the relationship level with the girlfriend around 250 and money around 5k with level 3 for all the business related variables. that would take care of about 90% of the game play of version 0.2.
I prepared this savegame for you and others who had played version 0.2.
The levels you mentioned are indeed balanced.

Reactions: rick87 and UncleVT

grabiobot

Game Developer
Aug 7, 2017
I'm looking to play through the game w/o cheats, see how it handles. Is the current max energy 6 at the moment?
The energy restores over night, but not at max. Current maximum energy is 7. At this level, if you have 6 or less at the end of the day, then you will wake up with 6. If you had 7, you will wake up with 7 though.

Yevaud6

Aug 25, 2016
The energy restores over night, but not at max. Current maximum energy is 7. At this level, if you have 6 or less at the end of the day, then you will wake up with 6. If you had 7, you will wake up with 7 though.
Thanks, I've been doing push-ups for what seems like weeks, just wanted to check I wasn't wasting my time because I was at the max.

Reactions: grabiobot

Ozygator

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 15, 2016
Thank you very much for pointing out these issues, but I am not sure I understood it correctly. Are you asking if Joleen's story progressed since the last version or you are saying that it doesn't appear at all now? It should be there (although I did not extended the story).
I have not seen the girlfriend (forget her name) mention a single thing about Joleen in this entire version. I have seen a ton of comments about a non existant patio, going out to a club, going to work on Thurs-Friday when it's slow, going to Yoga, etc, but nothing about Joleen.

I thought maybe there was a affection threshold to hit to make it trigger, or certain actionas (once you get to sex, etc) or maybe even location specific but nothing has caused the "Small Talk" story to kick off as it did last episode.

Not sure if that's a bug, I have been incredibly unlucky with the RNG to start the story, or I have not done something with the girlfriend to make it start.

AbyssalEros

The Demon of Dark Lusts
Game Developer
May 31, 2017
@BiberonSZeta: Deinstall that shit and Windows 10 too. I have a nearly secure system, which drives everybody insane, who happens to even try to surf on my PC, the game is save.

Yevaud6

Aug 25, 2016
OMG, actually saw the pics for the first time. for the love of everything C the original; B's eyes are crazy bright and A made me think of Black Hole Sun music video when I first saw it.

grabiobot

Game Developer
Aug 7, 2017
OMG, actually saw the pics for the first time. for the love of everything C the original; B's eyes are crazy bright and A made me think of Black Hole Sun music video when I first saw it.
Where did you found them? Did you downloaded an older version?

Yevaud6

Aug 25, 2016
Where did you found them? Did you downloaded an older version?
page 5, post 85. I was scanning the thread for a walkthrough or tips on running the online business. I tinker sell for more than I purchase within reason of my skill levels, but the $100 a month on top of fluxuating repurchase costs and losing any new patrons I've gained due to weekend visits to folks place seems to catch up with me eventually. I'll just keep tinkering. Eventually I'll find that magic balance.

As far as I can tell, only 1 level is needed in customer service. I did the programming thing, not sure what time and energy it saves...but I did it. Can't decide if negotiation or marketing is more important....I think it's negotiation. but then I set the % inflation cost at the recommend amount and eventually find myself unable to repurchase an item after it runs out. I guess I could just purchase balloons only next....

With all this being said, solid game, and although the money making end is taking me a sec to figure out a positive method. It's a solid system, congrats on a well thought out game.

grabiobot

Game Developer
Aug 7, 2017
page 5, post 85. I was scanning the thread for a walkthrough or tips on running the online business. I tinker sell for more than I purchase within reason of my skill levels, but the $100 a month on top of fluxuating repurchase costs and losing any new patrons I've gained due to weekend visits to folks place seems to catch up with me eventually. I'll just keep tinkering. Eventually I'll find that magic balance.

As far as I can tell, only 1 level is needed in customer service. I did the programming thing, not sure what time and energy it saves...but I did it. Can't decide if negotiation or marketing is more important....I think it's negotiation. but then I set the % inflation cost at the recommend amount and eventually find myself unable to repurchase an item after it runs out. I guess I could just purchase balloons only next....

With all this being said, solid game, and although the money making end is taking me a sec to figure out a positive method. It's a solid system, congrats on a well thought out game.
Thanks!
The key to making money is customer service at least once a day (if you are level 1+) in order to keep your existing subscribers (check your status report and make sure it says you will lose 0 subscribers).
Note: it is way cheaper to keep your existing subscribers (do customers service) than to replace them with new ones (marketing).

Then both marketing and contract negotiation are important but if you have less than 400 subscribers you should focus mainly on marketing (if you ca afford that/you have the money to pay the rent :) ).

Also, watch your status reports and see how much you can expect your subscribers to buy. If less then $30 or $40 your hats and dresses won't sell too fast (they will sell eventually as once in a while some people may buy more expensive items, but it may take a few days to have your first sale). So you should focus on balloons until you have more subscribers. Maybe hats too, if you can buy them cheap enough.

In the end, if you have enough subscribers and decent contract negotiation skills you can buy items with 40%+ discount, set your prices at 30%+ market price and make easy money :).

Reactions: Yevaud6

Yevaud6

Aug 25, 2016
Thanks for that, I was wasting my time with higher cost items since my subscriber base was $25 a week, now that I know what that means (along with all the info). I'm sure I'll be able to put the money toubles to the side and focus on the real meat and potatoes of this game.

Shenz

Reach out for the Truth
Donor
Jul 16, 2017
The linux Version is being uploaded to Mega and will be live in 20 minutes.

Thanks for your patience with this :D

UPDATE:

Linux Version is now Live (Mega Link). Other Mirrors will be uploaded as soon as possible :D

Last edited:
Reactions: grabiobot
4.70 star(s) 3 Votes