Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
You are referring to the Dylan POV during the yoga event, I presume? I remember having some pretty strong thoughts on that particular piece of shit writing. Though I believe the first time the Dylan POV poked it's head up was the fixing Ellie's computer scene.
--
From September 2020 (the good ol days?)
Doing the whole yoga event from two perspectives was a childish hackneyed decision and a complete waste of your (and our) time. What on earth were you thinking? What is the rationale for changing the point of view?

From Sophia's point of view, I get dialogue and (some, but not much) development. The changing room, the yoga and the shower scenes were all high quality, erotic, and continue the slow-burn build up. Nice.

From Dylan's perspective, I learned that Dylan, an ['over 18 years old'] boy is horny as hell and gets a woody when fantastically attractive women put on skin tight clothing and gyrate and stick their asses up in the air. Since that's true of just about every boy his age, I didn't actually learn anything at all about him. To your credit, I did learn that side boob is good but man o man wouldn't full frontal be better. And spying in the shower? Come on, that is some weak, lame, cut-and-paste bullshit, a routine that has played out in cinema (not to mention a substantial percentage of adult VN games) hundreds of times dating back to at least the mid-1970's. At least in Revenge of the Nerds it was part of an actual revenge plot carried out by actual nerds.

Honestly, and I dare you to actually be honest: what the heck were you thinking when you decided that dross was worthy of your talent? You should be embarrassed that didn't get cut from the script before you even finished typing it out.

A Wife and Mother has so much going for it, but for the love of all that is good in the universe, and so we may continue to count A Wife and Mother among all that is good in the universe, learn to edit yourself.
I was referring to the yoga event from Dylan's POV, but now that you mention it, I think the bonus storyline started that update too.

ancienregimele

Sep 27, 2017
Experts, Amateurs, Professionals, Stalkers..... Have any ideas what the next task (task) will be Aidan!? :rolleyes:
If Aiden ever reappears, who can say? He's due back 6 years from now & counting, (originally it was 5 years but his last scenes were in Nov 2022 & things have slowed down some more). Aiden is a possible candidate for being written out because, despite his popularity, he's not related to Sophia, he's not a virgin, seems too old for his years & is no longer really required to tell Dylan's story, who is the real MC now & due for parity of appearances (& POVs?), with Sophia, according to the Dev. Add in the Steam preparation, the redrafting of the early part of the game & the inevitable "festival" issues creating more delays & 6 years seems too optimistic.

If he had any genuine importance he wouldn't be absent for so long. He's what employers call "redundant," as are many other sexually active characters who may not come back, such as Alyssa & Nathalie. It could be a trial run to see if enough people, i.e. Patrons, (who didn't have him ejected via the Don Morello solution), miss him & want him somewhere in AWAM. He would need to resume the smooth development of the tasks, needlessly & unrealistically interrupted at his gang HQ. IMO, he should seek to re-establish some kind of rapport by telling Sophia that the 'meeting' was indeed the 5th task, after all & move on to task 6.

Many games will have been started & finished or abandoned in the next 6 years. That's an AWAM weekend.

Last edited:

Notretsam

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
alright, so I like to inject some questions into this thread and change the usual convos you see in here for a bit.

Let's say hypothetically speaking, you somehow end up with the complete IP rights to AWAM, you have everything, all the 3d assets, Ren'py files and written scripts you need to continue AWAM yourself.

What are the first few things you do?

XaGnard

Aug 11, 2018
alright, so I like to inject some questions into this thread and change the usual convos you see in here for a bit.

Let's say hypothetically speaking, you somehow end up with the complete IP rights to AWAM, you have everything, all the 3d assets, Ren'py files and written scripts you need to continue AWAM yourself.

What are the first few things you do?
Definitely an interesting question. If I had the time to learn the necessary skills and develop such a story, I would probably start something of my own. However, that would certainly take a few months in the winter to even get to a beginner's level.

AWAM has some really good approaches, but L&P has unfortunately lost track of things in some respects. It would be important to throw away some of the side stories. No more mobster stories, an end to side jobs. Use the time to give Dylan, Ellie and Liam more room. This would strengthen the core of the story and reduce unnecessary distractions. More attention should also be paid to the Turners and the Neighbors, as they are able to add depth to the main story.

Reactions: rAmSiMaL
3.20 star(s) 458 Votes