Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
Now you're getting the way things work ;)

People are saying he can do a shorter update every month, not the same amount of scenes in 1 month. Don't be dishonest, that just makes your argument look bad from the get go.

The answer is a bit of both: does he push quality out? Render-wise yes, storywise meh.
Does he push unnecessary renders? Yes. Some scenes have lets say 300 renders when they could have half of it and still be 99% as good as they were with the 150 extra.
Did he set patreon goals that he did not fulfill ? Yes.
Would those patreon goals, if he kept his promise, increase the speed of production of the game? Everything points to yes.
If he set himself to do only the scene creation (therefore not compromising quality of scenes and the so-called perfectionism that he has) and left the rendering/post processing to other peeps on his team, would the updates come out faster? Yes, by at least a month on each update.
Following this path, is he on track to push less and less updates each year? Oh yes, yes he is.
How long is the development on this is going to take if it keeps going like this? About 10 years or more.
Is he going to finish it? Based on other devs that have taken similar projects alone and his reluctancy to work with anyone, highly unlikely.
Does everything point to a scenario where it's more profitable for him to keep the ball rolling slowly? Yes, but kudos to him as long as people keep paying.
I agree with some of your points.
Does he push unnecessary renders? Yes I agree and he could save time cutting this back.It is his scene creation that takes up most of the time so this would be my first choice to try and change.
He may cut certain story lines and that would save time.
He has two computers one for rendering and and 1 for scene set up so I don't know if hired help would help that much.
As for the Patreon goals I am staying out that one,as we don't know if he has or has not done what he said.
If he does want to finish this game then he does have some solutions available to him,and I hope that he uses them.

Julius Ash

Sep 26, 2017
You can criticise AwAm,or any other game, all you want and at times people will not agree with your view.
I also agree with some of the criticism posted about this game
When people post blatant lies as truth with no foundation or proof then yes people will not agree with you.
Who decide what is a lie or what is true? People have the right to have different point of view... i don't tell that you are on the payroll list of L&P because you are fanatic of this VN... i simply think that he takes a lot of time between updates ( the next almost 6 months ). This is the reason why i stopped to support him. Remember when dev was crying about the lack of economic support to his job? He used blackmail his supporter (something like , I will stop the delevepment if no enough reward). At that time i posted my first post on this thread asking people to support him in order to avoid the abandon of this VN. I was wrong that time.. first because if you start the development of a Erotic VN you do it as a passion, as a hobby and Hobby no need to be rewarded with money.This kind of business is not professional because in the real business you cannot tell "is done when it is done", you must follow the schedule with no delay and not making exscuse. If the update needs too much renders and project still growing this means that you need bigger hardware and help like Dev stated years ago. He reached his goal but nothing is changed, rather development is slowing down in a ridicolous way. You talk about dev perfectionism..yes we are aware that Dev his a master in shower, walk, change clothes scenes but he is very far from a masterpiece ( simply contents are awful and sometimes really inappropriate see fabric test ). I stopped to support him because he is not believable and this is what people need to understand, if you feel different, you think different, it's ok but your way of think is not better than my.

Bye and a good Cappuccino for all..

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
Who decide what is a lie or what is true? People have the right to have different point of view... i don't tell that you are on the payroll list of L&P because you are fanatic of this VN... i simply think that he takes a lot of time between updates ( the next almost 6 months ). This is the reason why i stopped to support him. Remember when dev was crying about the lack of economic support to his job? He used blackmail his supporter (something like , I will stop the delevepment if no enough reward). At that time i posted my first post on this thread asking people to support him in order to avoid the abandon of this VN. I was wrong that time.. first because if you start the development of a Erotic VN you do it as a passion, as a hobby and Hobby no need to be rewarded with money.This kind of business is not professional because in the real business you cannot tell "is done when it is done", you must follow the schedule with no delay and not making exscuse. If the update needs too much renders and project still growing this means that you need bigger hardware and help like Dev stated years ago. He reached his goal but nothing is changed, rather development is slowing down in a ridicolous way. You talk about dev perfectionism..yes we are aware that Dev his a master in shower, walk, change clothes scenes but he is very far from a masterpiece ( simply contents are awful and sometimes really inappropriate see fabric test ). I stopped to support him because he is not believable and this is what people need to understand, if you feel different, you think different, it's ok but your way of think is not better than my.

Bye and a good Cappuccino for all..
If people want to criticise a game ok I am fine with that but at least back it up with some proof,or why you think this way, instead of wordless rubbish.
You have your opinion and while I may not agree with you there is nothing wrong with constructive criticism.
This is not meant as a personal attack on you.Enjoy your Cappuccino

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Jun 25, 2017
I agree with some of your points.
Does he push unnecessary renders? Yes I agree and he could save time cutting this back.It is his scene creation that takes up most of the time so this would be my first choice to try and change.
He may cut certain story lines and that would save time.
He has two computers one for rendering and and 1 for scene set up so I don't know if hired help would help that much.
As for the Patreon goals I am staying out that one,as we don't know if he has or has not done what he said.
If he does want to finish this game then he does have some solutions available to him,and I hope that he uses them.
Regarding the rendering, last time I said I had a wokstation, free of charge, if the dev wanted to render his work. People told me that wouldn't make a difference, cue a few months later and the render % doesnt change when the scene creation is going up and the scene creation % doesnt change when the rendering is going up.

Basically he is doing one or the other, never both at the same time, which would be possible if you had the kind of workstations he says he does.

Some things don't fit into his narrative. It would be way better for him to just say "I'm not interested in - any patreon goals / offers that'll make me speed up development / cutting the story down - because that hurt$ my bottom lin€" instead of pretending he's creating some master piece that'll take more time than Elder Scrolls/GTA/Cyberpunk/Witcher to develop when it's just a VN. That's all it is.

It's really simple to assess his work, vote for him to work on a 6 week updates. He wouldn't even the majority of his patrons voted for it.

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
Regarding the rendering, last time I said I had a wokstation, free of charge, if the dev wanted to render his work. People told me that wouldn't make a difference, cue a few months later and the render % doesnt change when the scene creation is going up and the scene creation % doesnt change when the rendering is going up.

Basically he is doing one or the other, never both at the same time, which would be possible if you had the kind of workstations he says he does.

Some things don't fit into his narrative. It would be way better for him to just say "I'm not interested in - any patreon goals / offers that'll make me speed up development / cutting the story down - because that hurt$ my bottom lin€" instead of pretending he's creating some master piece that'll take more time than Elder Scrolls/GTA/Cyberpunk/Witcher to develop when it's just a VN. That's all it is.

It's really simple to assess his work, vote for him to work on a 6 week updates. He wouldn't even the majority of his patrons voted for it.
If he is stupid enough to try this then he deserves everything the Patreons throw at him

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Jun 25, 2017
Oh and just to leave it here: I don't think this is a hobby. Its very time-consuming, re$ource consuming (hardware, electricity) and it takes skill.

These devs absolutely deserve money.

Reactions: Xydal

KlausLewis

Retired Asset Smuggler
Donor
Jan 31, 2018
Might be a stupid question but is there any sex in the game yet? I'm just wondering since there's no vaginal/anal sex tag but there's incest(?). I love the preview renders but I'd probably wait it there's no actual sex content yet

Julius Ash

Sep 26, 2017
Might be a stupid question but is there any sex in the game yet? I'm just wondering since there's no vaginal/anal sex tag but there's incest(?). I love the preview renders but I'd probably wait it there's no actual sex content yet
no vaginal and anal tag, so far only fabric test tag has been reached. You should wait about 10 years at that times also patience tag will be reached.

skullpheonix

Apr 10, 2020
Some things to consider:

• People saying the dev should hire support. Firstly, you have to pay them. Secondly, dev's thinking will be different from whoever he hires. Explaining his thinking and getting the job done is easier said than done.
  • Regarding the renders, we can all agree that they are of very good quality. The game has a certain benchmark to maintain now. I am sure there will be people here complaining about the renders if the quality drops.
  • Goals are just indicators of how the game is going to be developed. Sometimes there will be setbacks that are unavoidable.
  • And people complaining about the huge time between updates and not wanting to support the dev. You have a simple solution, you can support him when the update is available.
  • The "feel the fabric" is not such a difficult concept to understand. If Sam would have asked to touch her boobs, Sofia would have slapped him. It is just a silly excuse. Sofia can't deny the request because it's not inappropriate. It's a way to build tension. Since Sam can't grope her, he has to settle for "feel the fabric".
  • Sleeping with men other than her husband is an alien concept for Sofia. The story is warming her up to that situation. It takes time to convince a married woman to sleep with the neighbor kid, duh.
Hopefully, people will understand the ideology behind the story and stop complaining.

PietruccioTheHilander

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2019
People saying the dev should hire support. Firstly, you have to pay them. Secondly, dev's thinking will be different from whoever he hires. Explaining his thinking and getting the job done is easier said than done.
it was the dev who wrote in his goals that someone would hire. if you don't want / can do it, don't write things you can't keep
imho

dr.akhibadge

Aug 31, 2019
The tiny detail apeople are talking about usually people escape for any interesting noughty scene.so there is no use for taking a long time fòr devloping game unnecessary plot detail like museum's boys or tunnel bad people

SophiaMelinda

Sep 9, 2019
With all the crap going in this world, we are living through a pandemic for God's sake. Who here thinks that they will be alive to see the end of this game? Or will this game never end and will be passed on to generations like after Sophia, then Ellie and then her kid and we continue to support the game?
This game has set a benchmark and apart from quicker updates i think no one has anything else to complain about it. This is literally almost a perfect game.

Julius Ash

Sep 26, 2017
Some things to consider:

• People saying the dev should hire support. Firstly, you have to pay them. Secondly, dev's thinking will be different from whoever he hires. Explaining his thinking and getting the job done is easier said than done.
  • Regarding the renders, we can all agree that they are of very good quality. The game has a certain benchmark to maintain now. I am sure there will be people here complaining about the renders if the quality drops.
  • Goals are just indicators of how the game is going to be developed. Sometimes there will be setbacks that are unavoidable.
  • And people complaining about the huge time between updates and not wanting to support the dev. You have a simple solution, you can support him when the update is available.
  • The "feel the fabric" is not such a difficult concept to understand. If Sam would have asked to touch her boobs, Sofia would have slapped him. It is just a silly excuse. Sofia can't deny the request because it's not inappropriate. It's a way to build tension. Since Sam can't grope her, he has to settle for "feel the fabric".
  • Sleeping with men other than her husband is an alien concept for Sofia. The story is warming her up to that situation. It takes time to convince a married woman to sleep with the neighbor kid, duh.
Hopefully, people will understand the ideology behind the story and stop complaining.
Talking about the quality of renders...go to check when liam wear a jacket... after tell me if a man appears like that when wear a jacket.
I'm sure that feel the fabric is a new frontier of seduction and sex.... oh my..things are going very fast ...i cannot compete with you young folks. What i believe that " feel the fabric " will be a new Hit in world coolest dancefloors..is easy imagine people dancing in sexual movements this new Hit while touching clothes....
Concerning the goals..those has been formulated by Dev and are scheduled as a step not for the development but for the hardware facelift,
sidejobs to be quited, etc.. Dev demostrated that all his goal was a joke but money flowing on his bank account is not a joke is not fake like his words. He avoided to hire support that he can pay without trouble considerting the amount of money that he is earning.
I don't believe that this Dev needs economical support, he still have his job, probably also a side job like teaching the Feel the fabric dance.
I don't agree with you also on the sleeping with man other than the Husband...i am catholic ( on the papers ) and live in a Catholic nation and never had problems with the sleeping with married women that are mentally almost nuns.

If you are really aware of the "ideology " behind this project i believe that you have a future as Feel the fabric dancer.;)

A good Cappucino for you...Cappuccino not Vodka read well

Attached 2 exciting images of german new dance " feel the fabric "

Last edited:

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
This is one of the big problems.She is not ready on day 11/or 18 from her perspective/ to even let another male to touch her boobs.
How the hell she will change so fast to have sex with Dylan/par example/ in around 10 more days?Or even 15?

nexer

Forum Fanatic
Feb 5, 2019
This is one of the big problems.She is not ready on day 11/or 18 from her perspective/ to even let another male to touch her boobs.
How the hell she will change so fast to have sex with Dylan/par example/ in around 10 more days?Or even 15?
Her boobs no, but her clits yes. ;)

Last edited:

CaptainSpunk

Apr 30, 2020
I don't know how you can be one of the best and one of the worst developers at the same damn time but L&P manages to do it lol.....the games great and a slow burn but he defo takes the P with how long the updates take 100%

Xydal

Apr 5, 2019
Episode 2 release calendar:
v0.1 - December 12 (1200 new arts, 28 animation clips)
v0.2 - January 19 (1400 new arts, 73 animation clips)
v0.3 - March 6 (1130 new arts, 43 animation clips)
v0.4 - April 19 (1000 new arts, 64 animation clips)
v0.5 - June 7 (1150 new arts, 62 animation clips)
v0.6 - July 20 (1950 new arts, 20 animation clips)
v0.7 - Sept 8 (~2000 new arts, some animation clips)
v0.8 - October 19 (~1700 new arts, 42 animation clips)
v0.9 - December 5 (~1250 new arts, 74 animation clips)
v10 - January 20 (~1000 new arts, 57 animation clips)
v11 - March 10 (~1370 new arts, 48 animation clips)
v12 - April 20 (~1048 new arts, 52 animation clips)
v13 - June 8 (~2000 new arts, 64 animation clips)

Source:
Would be nice to look on the same stat for AWAM, just introduce some solid ground fact into "dev's (not) milking" holywar.
Does anyone have it? If not may be we should count some stat accurately.

3.20 star(s) 461 Votes