Old Dog

Formerly 'Old Sea Dog'
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
Would be nice to look on the same stat for AWAM, just introduce some solid ground fact into "dev's (not) milking" holywar.
Does anyone have it? If not may be we should count some stat accurately.
That information is posted on here some place

Xydal

Apr 5, 2019
Guys, I think we should consider the following:
L&P's audience/patrons fall into two categories:
1. Newcomers who don't know much about game's development history. They just get huge game with good visual quality and lots of teasing. That's why they are ready to pay back nice reward, thinking they will get the same huge portion of the game in near future.
2. After a while these supporters get the idea of perpetual teasing/milking. Natural reaction on this for most people is to decrease patronage level or finally stop support dev completely.

So, right business strategy targeted on newcomers is to put a lot of visual perfection without any real action. Also the consequence of such strategy is not pay any attention to those(2nd category players) who are weeping about slow updates/lack of real action/etc/etc. Even if people stop support, that's not problem, they aren't in profitable 1st category anyway. What really matters is that how many new patrons came last month.

From perspective of 2nd category of players, we don't have any means of influence, till stream of newcomers is strong.

Last edited:

Old Dog

Formerly 'Old Sea Dog'
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
Since he is on the pace from last year's updates, L&P will most likely have two full game updates this year. This is why people are complaining about how long it's going to take to complete the game. If you just do simple math (Twenty Playable days left and an average of two full gamedays per year), it going to take about ten years to complete. That's if you based it off last year and if he completes two full gameday updates this year. However, this doesn't take into account the additional scenes he will need in the future, as it seems the content is getting bigger and bigger which could extend the time to complete the game to ten years plus. This is why I said he eventually is going to burn out before this is over which I hope isn't the case.

I have no problems with the slow build-up of the story, but the combination of the slow build-up plus the amount of time it takes to release the next update, in my opinion, make the story long and drawn out. Looking back at the start of this project, I wish he trim the fat of characters. I think the two sides' jobs are a waste of resources as they don't really play in a significant part in the main storyline that I can tell as of now unless L&P just added them for additional filthy points.

That is the last update, but the Fullday won't be completed until around July or August.
Sooner or later the choice maybe made for him,trim the fat and hire someone or watch your game go down the drain.
He started the yoga event on the June 11 and it is now the 26th June so surely he must realise by now that he needs help.
I dread to think how big the Sophia/Sam concert event may turn to be.

Last edited:

Dr.SigmundFap

Engaged Member
Apr 23, 2017
Whatever happened to the character poll?

Whoever was lowest should've been axed and if they were that important he can add them in like dlc afterwards.
He already stated that Character Poll was just to see who was popular and who wasn't. It would have not influence the removal of cast members in the game. For example, Liam is the lowest on the poll right now, but since his Sophia's Husband, He will not be removed.

Reactions: afterlights

SlimeDroid

Feb 27, 2018
He already stated that Character Poll was just to see who was popular and who wasn't. It would have not influence the removal of cast members in the game. For example, Liam is the lowest on the poll right now, but since his Sophia's Husband, He will not be removed.
I mean do we really need either jobs side characters or the museum boys when everyone wants the spicier content with the main boys and girls.

Reactions: nathanjoneswork2

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Jun 25, 2017
Sooner or later the choice maybe made for him,trim the fat and hire someone or watch your game go down the drain.
He started the yoga event on the June 11 and it is now the 26th June so surely he must realise by now that he needs help.
Once assets are identified, bought and put in place there's no reason for someone with this much experience in Daz to take so much time in creating a yoga scene. There's only so many poses and angles you can work with.
I doubt he's putting 4 or even 3h each day on this.

Dr.SigmundFap

Engaged Member
Apr 23, 2017
Well, it appears someone didn't like my post. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I didn't think it was bad. House cleaning is real.

• Haha
Reactions: Lord_Xanatos

nethingjp

May 23, 2017
yeah I don't really understand the point of this game? i understand building up context for the moment, but the moments rarely ever came.

Reactions: Neoblack

Dave98424

Oct 30, 2017
It seems to me that more and more developers are in this simply to make money and the story/game is really secondary to everything else. Priorities seems to be collecting and spending the money first and then somewhere after that maybe work on the game. Not all developers by any means but the trend seems to be increasing.

Purple Game

Sep 13, 2018
Why is it that when a developer makes $ 500, he release a game every month but when he hit highest goal
"I cancel all my college courses and devote all my time to my passion of (adult) game development!
I'll give my hardware a massive "face-lift", primarily to render faster and switch from 720p to 1080p quality!"
Releases the same content every 3 months. WTF?

PietruccioTheHilander

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2019
Why is it that when a developer makes $ 500, he release a game every month but when he hit highest goal
"I cancel all my college courses and devote all my time to my passion of (adult) game development!
I'll give my hardware a massive "face-lift", primarily to render faster and switch from 720p to 1080p quality!"
Releases the same content every 3 months. WTF?
just business. the patreons are encouraged to donate more to achieve the goals, but then they are disappointed

Reactions: satoshi36
3.20 star(s) 466 Votes