magaclaawe

Mar 5, 2020
ICSTOR at least has sex scenes in their games, and top quality ones at that. Their problem is that they seem to get bored and burned out easily, probably owing to the fact that their games never really seem to have a clear endgame in mind; it's all about the seduction of various women, mostly family members, but once that's done they don't know how to tie everything together and create a satisfying ending so they give up.

ICSTOR's not much on creating compelling narrative, but L&P is. L&P's issue that they simply do too much. They could easily achieve the same results from all the previous events and the ones yet to come if they halved the number of renders for each of them. This game could be done in 5 years (still a long time, I know) if they did this and released a full playable day update every 3-4 months and the quality of the game would not diminish if they did.
He did really great game.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
He did really great game.
In terms of the renders and animations, sure, but there was no real story there to connect everything together and it needed an underlying narrative to drive the events. Take a game like Being A DIK, for example. There's a lot of pursuable LIs in that game and a lot of sex, but there's also a narrative both for the MC and one running in the background that will eventually draw the MC into it. Milfy City had no story and no narrative, it was just a series of separate stories with different female characters with no underlying narrative for the MC, and without that it's hard to find a way to tie everything together.

AWAM is also a great game because it has great quality renders, compelling characters, and a compelling narrative, but it's the opposite of Milfy City in that it has too much narrative and not enough sex. Milfy City, for all its faults, managed to make the relationship with Caroline very emotional and moving, and they did it with a lot fewer renders and a lot less dialogue. This is what L&P has to do and I believe they can IF they are able to be more concise and recognise that they don't have to do so much to achieve their end results.

In fact, if they haven't already I'd recommend that L&P plays Milfy City, specifically the Caroline storyline, to see how a relationship, specifically an incestuous one, with a deep, emotional connection can be done with less renders and dialogue.

• Haha
Reactions: Matt1

hax

Uploader
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
4 months... pretty sure we will have more 2 updates this year :LOL: this one month 8 and next one christmas..

Calyps0

Mar 24, 2018
Any idea when the next mac update to this will be coming down the pike? I had really hoped that during the corona-times many devs would have nothing but time to spend working on these games (in between TP runs).

Old Dog

Formerly 'Old Sea Dog'
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
Any idea when the next mac update to this will be coming down the pike? I had really hoped that during the corona-times many devs would have nothing but time to spend working on these games (in between TP runs).
A lot of us here think August is a good bet for the next update to drop.We should know more sometime next week,hopefully.

Reactions: Calyps0

Dr.SigmundFap

Engaged Member
Apr 23, 2017
ICSTOR at least has sex scenes in their games, and top quality ones at that. Their problem is that they seem to get bored and burned out easily, probably owing to the fact that their games never really seem to have a clear endgame in mind; it's all about the seduction of various women, mostly family members, but once that's done they don't know how to tie everything together and create a satisfying ending so they give up.

ICSTOR's not much on creating compelling narrative, but L&P is. L&P's issue that they simply do too much. They could easily achieve the same results from all the previous events and the ones yet to come if they halved the number of renders for each of them. This game could be done in 5 years (still a long time, I know) if they did this and released a full playable day update every 3-4 months and the quality of the game would not diminish if they did.
I agree with you about ICSTOR. His last two games, Milf's Villa and InStory 2, was cut short because he wanted to move on to Milfy City, which it looks like will be cut short too, and He had to bring in another artist to help continue Milfy City production because he was burnt out. Supposedly, he's working on another title now.

L&P will continue to do what he seems is right in his eyes. Also; there are people on his Patreon who will support him no matter how long it takes. So trying to give him some advice or perception about his process is pretty much moot at this point.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I agree with you about ICSTOR. His last two games, Milf's Villa and InStory 2, was cut short because he wanted to move on to Milfy City, which it looks like will be cut short too, and He had to bring in another artist to help continue Milfy City production because he was burnt out. Supposedly, he's working on another title now.
It will also supposedly be in episodic form which should mean that it has a proper story and narrative to it. If they can pull it off, then they might just be able to salvage something of their past reputation.

L&P will continue to do what he seems is right in his eyes. Also; there are people on his Patreon who will support him no matter how long it takes. So trying to give him some advice or perception about his process is pretty much moot at this point.
Yeah, I know. Still, I live in hope that one day they'll wake up and realise that they don't need to do as much as they do and that we'll finally see full day updates with as much content as the half days whilst retaining the same level of quality in both renders and narrative.

I'm sure we'd all love to see that and it would make L&P's life so much easier.

Notretsam

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
I think a lot of people don't want L&P to make over 1000 renders per half day, not just me.

Don't get me wrong, I love this game and these characters and think that the slowburn progression and the relationship building is great, but it's just too much of a slowburn with lots of superflous moments, dialogue and characters, and I guarantee that L&P could easily achieve the same results with half the renders of each event and limiting themselves to at least 1000 renders per playable day.
oh, no doubt you are not the only one that doesn't want L&P to make over 1000 renders per half day, but you also did state he can't keep doing it and I was pointing out he can keep doing it.

I also agree he could probably achieve the same result with 500 images per half day but I also can't deny, that I really enjoy each 1k per half-day update as well, so am torn on that one, I want faster updates but not at the cost of poorer quality.

kartoos111

Oct 1, 2016
Foot of the mountain.
It's not mother, it's aunt Melinda :love: . Sexy, hot, curvaceous aunty. Expect severe grinding. But with Walkthrough, you can finish till the last update without any problem. Some of those scenes will tease you, but will also deliver. Highly recommended.
Can you give a link to this game? Cant seem to find it

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
oh, no doubt you are not the only one that doesn't want L&P to make over 1000 renders per half day, but you also did state he can't keep doing it and I was pointing out he can keep doing it.

I also agree he could probably achieve the same result with 500 images per half day but I also can't deny, that I really enjoy each 1k per half-day update as well, so am torn on that one, I want faster updates but not at the cost of poorer quality.
Of course, he can still do it if he doesn't control himself, and it's that level of control he'd need to assert over himself. It's as someone said previously, that this game sometimes feels like when you would do a book report or essay in school and you'd focus way too much on one thing that you end up writing so much about it that you get a fail because of it. I was like that and my teacher would always lecture me about condensing my thoughts better, especially when writing short stories which I never finished because I was too busy building up the backstory and setting the scene that I never concluded the story.

If they did reduce the number of renders, I don't think the quality would suffer. The Ellie/Sophia shower scene, for example, has around 20 renders of them just looking at each other before kissing with around 9 images of Ellie that are minute changes in her microexpressions that could easily be expressed in just 3 or 4 renders. It's little things like this that could cut down on renders, and it would also cut on the size of the game, as would making animations into video files, specifically a WEBM video. A 2-3 second clip can be around 2-2.5 MB which is less than the total size for the close-up renders of Ellie and Sophia kissing which is just over 7 MB.

None of this, in my view, would reduce the quality and I think they'd see a marked improvement in their development times.

Notretsam

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
Of course, he can still do it if he doesn't control himself, and it's that level of control he'd need to assert over himself. It's as someone said previously, that this game sometimes feels like when you would do a book report or essay in school and you'd focus way too much on one thing that you end up writing so much about it that you get a fail because of it. I was like that and my teacher would always lecture me about condensing my thoughts better, especially when writing short stories which I never finished because I was too busy building up the backstory and setting the scene that I never concluded the story.

If they did reduce the number of renders, I don't think the quality would suffer. The Ellie/Sophia shower scene, for example, has around 20 renders of them just looking at each other before kissing with around 9 images of Ellie that are minute changes in her microexpressions that could easily be expressed in just 3 or 4 renders. It's little things like this that could cut down on renders, and it would also cut on the size of the game, as would making animations into video files, specifically a WEBM video. A 2-3 second clip can be around 2-2.5 MB which is less than the total size for the close-up renders of Ellie and Sophia kissing which is just over 7 MB.

None of this, in my view, would reduce the quality and I think they'd see a marked improvement in their development times.
everything you say makes sense and seems fair, but I don't think L&P will do this, however, I have seen comments in this thread that L&P has stated he reduce the number of renders in future updates, guess we wait and see.

L&P does need to find a way to do 4 updates per year, 1 every 3 months.

The only thing people need to remember is, that based on the many different choices, L&P needs to cover all that and make sure "everyone" has new content, so that adds to the workload.

naughtynafz

Creating "Aiden's Revenge"
Game Developer
Dec 2, 2019
its the choices and the decisions that increases the kinkiness of the game, not the quantity of the renders and facial expressions per dialogue. i hate when they stop some event without any choices, like when ivan asked her to wear the robe, but she declined instead of a decision of gamers choice. if their was a choice that would make it more kinky, if the event interrupted by some third party like her children or husband or anyone thats different... but as we are controlling sophia, her decisions should be made by us, not auto.

also in the metro scene there should be a choice to do nothing and enjoy, then it should be interrupted by the cops or some third party... so there would be less renders, and no sex... but still because of the choice the kinkiness would have increased

Neoblack

Jan 27, 2019
Foot of the mountain.
It's not mother, it's aunt Melinda :love: . Sexy, hot, curvaceous aunty. Expect severe grinding. But with Walkthrough, you can finish till the last update without any problem. Some of those scenes will tease you, but will also deliver. Highly recommended.
amain to that :)

HarryGER

Nov 18, 2017
First of all, I love :love: this visual novel AWAM and the whole story is not too slow for my taste.

This kind of game has the advantage that you can enjoy it without thinking too much about what you have to do and where to do it.
A good example for a different kind of game is "Big Brother" or the latest reissue of "Big Brother: Another Story" https://f95zone.to/threads/big-brother-another-story-v0-04-0-06-fix-aleksey90.43101/ where you need much longer to play through less content, especially because you often have to know when to do what to do to get ahead, so a lot of trial and error.

L&P makes it possible to lead the whole story to one or the other end without cheating, depending on your preferences, it's not lienear but a story with many possible endings which increases the effort a lot.
It's just a pity that the updates take so long because of that. I can well understand that it takes so many pictures to create the many different storylines, especially with the detail infatuation of L&P. With many pictures I love this to perfection, but sometimes it would not be necessary, because it is only pictures with small not so important contents, which you click over faster. Or is it just me?

But I am not complaining about it. Also not that there are no or hardly any sex scenes yet. They just don't fit into the story progress yet and would make the whole story more unbelievable.
But maybe L&P could spice up the story with some dream scenes for this clientele.
Sophia could drift off into short, shadowy daydreams or dream at night about something that happened during the day and how it could develop. Depending on the score these dreams could be cancelled.
Dream scenes don't have to be that detailed because dreams are usually a bit fuzzy anyway, right? From these dreams she could wake up excited (horny) or shocked. L&P could also use these dreams to generate points depending on how far Sophia lets it happen in her dreams.
Dream scenes should also be faster to create than other scenes because they shouldn't be as detailed and would soothe many fans who are impatiently waiting for sex scenes. I don't think anyone would complain about that. It would also add spice to the story and attract even more fans to the story.
The dream scenes shouldn't show too much, but should make all readers curious about possible real scenes (where Sophia is not only dreaming).

Another thing I don't understand, L&P is supposed to be German, but why is the game only in English?:unsure: Many popular games are multilingual and if he is german he wouldn't even have to translate into german. That the story is in english I can understand very well. There are a few more people in the world who speak English like German, but why not at least these two languages?
L&P could offer the story in several languages and there would be a lot of fans who would support him cost neutral.

• Love
Reactions: Bane71

Bane71

Apr 21, 2020
First of all, I love :love: this visual novel AWAM and the whole story is not too slow for my taste.

This kind of game has the advantage that you can enjoy it without thinking too much about what you have to do and where to do it.
A good example for a different kind of game is "Big Brother" or the latest reissue of "Big Brother: Another Story" https://f95zone.to/threads/big-brother-another-story-v0-04-0-06-fix-aleksey90.43101/ where you need much longer to play through less content, especially because you often have to know when to do what to do to get ahead, so a lot of trial and error.

L&P makes it possible to lead the whole story to one or the other end without cheating, depending on your preferences, it's not lienear but a story with many possible endings which increases the effort a lot.
It's just a pity that the updates take so long because of that. I can well understand that it takes so many pictures to create the many different storylines, especially with the detail infatuation of L&P. With many pictures I love this to perfection, but sometimes it would not be necessary, because it is only pictures with small not so important contents, which you click over faster. Or is it just me?

But I am not complaining about it. Also not that there are no or hardly any sex scenes yet. They just don't fit into the story progress yet and would make the whole story more unbelievable.
But maybe L&P could spice up the story with some dream scenes for this clientele.
Sophia could drift off into short, shadowy daydreams or dream at night about something that happened during the day and how it could develop. Depending on the score these dreams could be cancelled.
Dream scenes don't have to be that detailed because dreams are usually a bit fuzzy anyway, right? From these dreams she could wake up excited (horny) or shocked. L&P could also use these dreams to generate points depending on how far Sophia lets it happen in her dreams.
Dream scenes should also be faster to create than other scenes because they shouldn't be as detailed and would soothe many fans who are impatiently waiting for sex scenes. I don't think anyone would complain about that. It would also add spice to the story and attract even more fans to the story.
The dream scenes shouldn't show too much, but should make all readers curious about possible real scenes (where Sophia is not only dreaming).

Another thing I don't understand, L&P is supposed to be German, but why is the game only in English?:unsure: Many popular games are multilingual and if he is german he wouldn't even have to translate into german. That the story is in english I can understand very well. There are a few more people in the world who speak English like German, but why not at least these two languages?
L&P could offer the story in several languages and there would be a lot of fans who would support him cost neutral.
You are absolutely right! I have the same thoughts and believe many others. It's a shame the L&P doesn't listen to their fans.

By the way, are you looking here? https://f95zone.to/threads/a-wife-and-mother-fan-art.15218/page-260

There fans exhibit their work, many of them are fantastic! This helps L&P retain the public.

Last edited:

MSea007

Jun 10, 2019
Hi guys, I have a question

Do you know to create the pictures (as follows) used in this game? Which software can help us to create such nice pictures with high quality?

3.20 star(s) 466 Votes