Old Dog

Formerly 'Old Sea Dog'
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
We're at 45% created scenes - and no word from L&P that he has completed the Sophia/Ellie shower scene. This is Very good news for those of us who want Ellie to have all the time she needs to scrub Sophia's back ... and front...
L&P has finished the Ellie/Sophia shower scene at 40% s created scenes.
40.PNG

Last edited:

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
We're at 45% created scenes - and no word from L&P that he has completed the Sophia/Ellie shower scene. This is Very good news for those of us who want Ellie to have all the time she needs to scrub Sophia's back ... and front...
It's far more likely since we do actually have word he's finished the Ellie/Sophia event, that he's simply setting up the teaser, and choosing which render he'll show us. Since there might be a top-tier teaser as well, that's two renders he needs without giving anything significant away.

Old Dog

Formerly 'Old Sea Dog'
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
SO - since I could not see this message from L&P - did it come from the Legends section (I'm not a Patreon at that level)? When was it posted and where?
It was posted on his Patron page after I asked L&P if the shower scene was done and no it was not posted in the legend section.
I asked the question when created scene was at a round 30%.
My question was posted on the 18th October

Last edited:

ashitanojoe

Oct 20, 2019
First than anything, I want to clarify that my feedback is always in pro of the game, I'm an AWAM's lover and not a hater.

Anybody else see the irony between these two renders?

1603780278302.png 1603780207505.png

In the new one you can clearly see that there's more work involved, but still I prefer the first one. Why? The new one looks too plastic: the volume, density and three-dimensionality of the characters are lower. Take a look at Vicky's face, for example:

1603781209084.png 1603781339807.png

In the new render the face and hair are near to look like a 2D image, you can't barely see some relief there. The irony that I'm talking about is that we can conclude that Lust&Passion used more photoshop and spent more time in this new render, but working more time and doing more things in a render doesn't mean a better one necessarily. In this case, I see an excess in photoshop, to my taste. In other words, the face looks more realistic and natural in the old render.

I'm not saying that all the new work that L&P is implementing in his new renders is bad or a waste of time. For example, in the new render you can see a more aesthetic and richer image in terms of lighting. In the old one, there was not a lighting treatment, all the frame looks plain in that aspect. Now, you can see more contrast and light patterns.

But, still there's an excess of photoshop again:

1603782842285.png 1603782911798.png

Why the light in the left of the frame is orange? If the light comes from the outside (right of the frame). And the outside is in daylight, natural light, a white one. Basically he added an orange filter that wasn't necessary at all and instead of improving the render it made it worse.

As I said, it isn't my intention making a bad critic just because. You can see in the new render, for example, an improvement in the lighting. Also, the red chairs and the table still keep the three-dimensionality, they have a nice texture and look really good.

3.20 star(s) 466 Votes