nexer

Forum Fanatic
Feb 5, 2019
First than anything, I want to clarify that my feedback is always in pro of the game, I'm an AWAM's lover and not a hater.

Anybody else see the irony between these two renders?

View attachment 875573 View attachment 875571

In the new one you can clearly see that there's more work involved, but still I prefer the first one. Why? The new one looks too plastic: the volume, density and three-dimensionality of the characters are lower. Take a look at Vicky's face, for example:

View attachment 875582 View attachment 875596

In the new render the face and hair are near to look like a 2D image, you can't barely see some relief there. The irony that I'm talking about is that we can conclude that Lust&Passion used more photoshop and spent more time in this new render, but working more time and doing more things in a render doesn't mean a better one necessarily. In this case, I see an excess in photoshop, to my taste. In other words, the face looks more realistic and natural in the old render.

I'm not saying that all the new work that L&P is implementing in his new renders is bad or a waste of time. For example, in the new render you can see a more aesthetic and richer image in terms of lighting. In the old one, there was not a lighting treatment, all the frame looks plain in that aspect. Now, you can see more contrast and light patterns.

But, still there's an excess of photoshop again:

View attachment 875654 View attachment 875656

Why the light in the left of the frame is orange? If the light comes from the outside (right of the frame). And the outside is in daylight, natural light, a white one. Basically he added an orange filter that wasn't necessary at all and instead of improving the render it made it worse.

As I said, it isn't my intention making a bad critic just because. You can see in the new render, for example, an improvement in the lighting. Also, the red chairs and the table still keep the three-dimensionality, they have a nice texture and look really good.
The angle of the sun's rays is too big. For this angle the front window has to be very high. On a sunny day, if the sun's ray is reflected on any colored material it changes its color. So, if it passes only through the window glass it is one thing but if the lightning touches something else, something orange :LOL:
1603788713980.png

PietruccioTheHilander

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2019
The angle of the sun's rays is too big. For this angle the front window has to be very high. On a sunny day, if the sun's ray is reflected on any colored material it changes its color. So, if it passes only through the window glass it is one thing but if the lightning touches something else, something orange :LOL:
View attachment 875731
the glass on the counter on the right has the shadow in another direction, so there is another source of light

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
It was posted on his Patron page after I asked L&P if the shower scene was done and no it was not posted in the legend section.
I asked the question when created scene was at a round 30%.
My question was posted on the 18th October
I checked back through all the Patreon posts I can see and I still don't see this post. I was actually hoping that the Sophia/Ellie was going to be at least 50% of the next update.
For anyone who took issue with my lack of omniscience - Mea Culpa. This deficiency continues to haunt me with poor lottery picks as well... :illuminati:

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
I checked back through all the Patreon posts I can see and I still don't see this post. I was actually hoping that the Sophia/Ellie was going to be at least 50% of the next update.
For anyone who took issue with my lack of omniscience - Mea Culpa. This deficiency continues to haunt me with poor lottery picks as well... :illuminati:
I can't see the post on the Patreon page either. I know it's there somewhere though.

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
Are you looking in "Post" or "community"? as you will not find it in post.
Here is the full conversation.
Converse.PNG
It would seem that you are looking in the wrong place or don't have access to the "community Post" section.

Last edited:
Reactions: MykeRosy

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
Are you looking in "Post" or "community"? as you will not find it in post.
Here is the full conversation.
View attachment 875781
It would seem that you are looking in the wrong place or don't have access to the "community Post" section.
Old Dog, I can see the community posts but not what you are showing so I'm not sure what the issue is. This is why I thought the post came from the only tier that I don't have access to.
AWAM Communit Post 1a.png

Ara-sH

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2017
Hii ya'll !!

Since AWAM is a native 720p game I took it upon myself to upscale the entire game into 1080p due to boredom and paranoia during this pandemic.

Yeppp, give or take around 8,270 renders all the way from the flight scene to the end of version .100.
The file size of my 1080p version is close to the original 720p version so yayyy.

Proof below...

Before and After

View attachment 839181

View attachment 839745

I had to choose and settle between algorithms for the renders to look passable across various different screen sizes and resolutions and I didn't want the 1080p end product to have too many artifacts so, here you go :giggle:.

Please feel free to let me know if you find any artifacts. I'll try my best to fix it :)(y)

I am new to this site so, take it easy on me lol

Here are three download links to my 1080p version of the game although the dropmefiles is a temporary link.

Thanks to monroe for being the awesome human that you are helping me with uploading the files to MEGA and Pixeldrain. You are the best !

Mega

This post and the included unofficial version will be disabled or deleted in the future if the developer of the game (AWAM) decides to start rendering in 1080p.

Thank you for stopping by. Hope ya'll enjoy !
Take care and stay safe !

Britt
IS there any compressed version of this ?

Reactions: Tulrek

Tulrek

Oct 25, 2020
Hello. I'm bright new here and was hooked by the game. I LOVE your fan art and I'm sorry to hear that you had to stop.
What about L&P, is the game continuing ?
I don't know the real amount of time needed to create each scene so, I don't know if the asking for money is legit or a kind of scam.
Can you enlighten me ? Would be nice.

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
Hello. I'm bright new here and was hooked by the game. I LOVE your fan art and I'm sorry to hear that you had to stop.
What about L&P, is the game continuing ?
I don't know the real amount of time needed to create each scene so, I don't know if the asking for money is legit or a kind of scam.
Can you enlighten me ? Would be nice.
L&P is continuing with AwAm and the next update could be here by early December.
The amount of time needed to create each scene depends on the person creating the scene while rendering the scene can take up to 4 hours or more,depending on the quality.

Lust&Passion

Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
First than anything, I want to clarify that my feedback is always in pro of the game, I'm an AWAM's lover and not a hater.

Anybody else see the irony between these two renders?

View attachment 875573 View attachment 875571

In the new one you can clearly see that there's more work involved, but still I prefer the first one. Why? The new one looks too plastic: the volume, density and three-dimensionality of the characters are lower. Take a look at Vicky's face, for example:

View attachment 875582 View attachment 875596

In the new render the face and hair are near to look like a 2D image, you can't barely see some relief there. The irony that I'm talking about is that we can conclude that Lust&Passion used more photoshop and spent more time in this new render, but working more time and doing more things in a render doesn't mean a better one necessarily. In this case, I see an excess in photoshop, to my taste. In other words, the face looks more realistic and natural in the old render.

I'm not saying that all the new work that L&P is implementing in his new renders is bad or a waste of time. For example, in the new render you can see a more aesthetic and richer image in terms of lighting. In the old one, there was not a lighting treatment, all the frame looks plain in that aspect. Now, you can see more contrast and light patterns.

But, still there's an excess of photoshop again:

View attachment 875654 View attachment 875656

Why the light in the left of the frame is orange? If the light comes from the outside (right of the frame). And the outside is in daylight, natural light, a white one. Basically he added an orange filter that wasn't necessary at all and instead of improving the render it made it worse.

As I said, it isn't my intention making a bad critic just because. You can see in the new render, for example, an improvement in the lighting. Also, the red chairs and the table still keep the three-dimensionality, they have a nice texture and look really good.
Dude, are you serious? I mean... really serious?

First of all Vicky's face looks much more vivid than on the earlier renders! On the first one she doesn't even have skin reflections! So what the hell are you talking about? Plus it's an upscaled render and not real 1080p!

Secondly there are orange color bulbs near the wall:

3.png

This is what gives the wall a little more orange touch! Plus a white wall has a great albedo which makes light reflection glow more on it then it would on a dark surface!

Thirdly this coffee shop has a glass roof! So sunlight comes in also from above!

1.png

Is it comprehensible now? Is there more? Maybe the dispersion of the window of the car outside is physically wrong or maybe the density of air relative to the sunny time zone has to cause other light arrays in the room?

Do you guys really have nothing better to do then trying forcefully to find any bullshit to bitch about and put my work down? Since it's not the first time! But yeah, you're actually a "big fan" and you actually don't wanna criticize anything, right?

3.20 star(s) 461 Votes