codex35

Jan 10, 2019
Uh oh,

```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: could not find label 'day18_Back_home_kitchen'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "script4.rpyc", line 3182, in script
File "C:\Users\perfe\Games\A_Wife_And_Mother-0.100-pc(1)\AWAM-0.100-pc\1 GAME FOLDER\renpy\ast.py", line 1697, in execute
rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
File "C:\Users\perfe\Games\A_Wife_And_Mother-0.100-pc(1)\AWAM-0.100-pc\1 GAME FOLDER\renpy\script.py", line 898, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))
ScriptError: could not find label 'day18_Back_home_kitchen'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
A Wife And Mother Vers. 0.100 0.100
Fri Nov 06 02:42:50 2020
```
go to page 1 click fix

Hlextor

May 6, 2017
I think what I find confusing is that while the Twist made Dylan look a bit foolish, it was only because he had the balls to admit he made a mistake, and he had the foresight to realise that he'd look even more foolish if he didn't speak up when he did.

Which is entirely some growth in character that would have made him interesting. He could have gone up to Aiden, told him that Sophia had found out about the original deal, and used the data Dylan gets for some other favour, like getting Bennett to change his test result. Then both his problems would be solved, blackmail over, and it makes him look better in the process, having learnt from his mistakes and fixed them.

It's the removal of the Twist that makes him look impotent and weak, needing Sophia (and possibly Carl as well) to step in to fix everything. So at least to me, it's actually the Aiden fans that are the big winners now, and not the Dylan fans at all, even though there around 2 - 3 hundred patrons that like Dylan better.
Interesting thought, Cat. But it just doesn't work that way. But it only works for you because you see Dylan without twist as a weakling. You are not interested in Dylan at all. The way i see your comments, you don't want a relationship with him and Sophia. You just don't like the character.
It doesn't work with Sophia as a mother. Sophia cannot or could not build an incestious relationship with Dylan anymore. How could she?
Try putting yourself in Sophia's place. Would you still want to have sex with your son after such a show? I don't think so. The trust in her son would be broken because of the twist. Psychologically, that would be a dead end. If so, then Dylan could have involved Patricia or maybe Ellie. But not the biggest idiot of the school.
And why should the Aiden fans be the winners? Nonsense. Aiden's blackmailing simply belongs to the story. He blackmailed Sophia with the background to leave Dylan and Zac untouched. She loves her son and goes along with the tasks up to a point. That's it.

(and possibly Carl as well)
What Carl? What do you mean by that? :unsure:

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Interesting thought, Cat. But it just doesn't work that way. But it only works for you because you see Dylan without twist as a weakling. You are not interested in Dylan at all. The way i see your comments, you don't want a relationship with him and Sophia. You just don't like the character.
It doesn't work with Sophia as a mother. Sophia cannot or could not build an incestious relationship with Dylan anymore. How could she?
Try putting yourself in Sophia's place. Would you still want to have sex with your son after such a show? I don't think so. The trust in her son would be broken because of the twist. Psychologically, that would be a dead end. If so, then Dylan could have involved Patricia or maybe Ellie. But not the biggest idiot of the school.
And why should the Aiden fans be the winners? Nonsense. Aiden's blackmailing simply belongs to the story. He blackmailed Sophia with the background to leave Dylan and Zac untouched. She loves her son and goes along with the tasks up to a point. That's it.
And to address this point now, I think people forget that the Twist only comes up on the boarding school route. For which ends the Sophia/Dylan possibilities anyway, but opens up Dylan/Amber, the first event of which is the chicken fight.

And as for Aiden fans being the winners, that's more about the missed opportunity for people like me that don't like Dylan to be "won over" with growth in Dylan's character. I saw potential for growth in him, that now wont happen at all

• Thinking Face
Reactions: farrah and Hlextor

ReaperMania

Aug 8, 2020
I like the game. I was just hoping for more spanking scenes in it (since you played as the mother I thought there would be more than one, but that is just me). When I played it, I had the idea that the daughter would attempt to get herself into trouble so her mother would spank her, since she acts like a submissive (just my opinion though). But, that is just my personal bias :)

truerty

Dec 30, 2018
Cry babies moaned so much about the "Twist" and gave the dev so much grief that he removed it.
Also the boarding school route had more to do with the Amber/Dylan storyline so I doubt it will be removed.
His Patrons seemed ok with the "Twist" but people on here throw their toys out of he pram.
Are you calling Holy Bacchus a cry baby? oh boi, here we go again!! :coffee: let me go sit over there and watch this show!

ancienregimele

Sep 27, 2017
I like the game. I was just hoping for more spanking scenes in it (since you played as the mother I thought there would be more than one, but that is just me). When I played it, I had the idea that the daughter would attempt to get herself into trouble so her mother would spank her, since she acts like a submissive (just my opinion though). But, that is just my personal bias :)
There may at one time have been a "spanking" tag in this game's genre list but I'm not sure. Whatever the case there's no such tag now. Technically we've had a 'spanking', when Patricia smacked Sophia's backside to taunt the hobos in the park. I'm guessing "that's all folks!" There's a lot of potential for spanking in AWAM but I can't see it happening. If it did, I would want Sophia to be on the receiving end & not voluntarily. She deserves it for several years of blueballing & not to forget her inexplicable, (to me), secret thoughts about Dylan.

ReaperMania

Aug 8, 2020
There may at one time have been a "spanking" tag in this game's genre list but I'm not sure. Whatever the case there's no such tag now. Technically we've had a 'spanking', when Patricia smacked Sophia's backside to taunt the hobos in the park. I'm guessing "that's all folks!" There's a lot of potential for spanking in AWAM but I can't see it happening. If it did, I would want Sophia to be on the receiving end & not voluntarily. She deserves it for several years of blueballing & not to forget her inexplicable, (to me), secret thoughts about Dylan.
I can agree with that. Maybe her sister could spank her for shooting down all the opportunities she had given her? As in, when they go to the gym and she tries to give her one more chance to let loose, she refuses. Frustrated, she places Sophia over her lap and spanks her until she agrees to at least try it.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
Cry babies moaned so much about the "Twist" and gave the dev so much grief that he removed it.
Also the boarding school route had more to do with the Amber/Dylan storyline so I doubt it will be removed.
His Patrons seemed ok with the "Twist" but people on here throw their toys out of he pram.
Old Dog - Cry babies - Really?? We're both Patreons and there were plenty of comments from Dylan Patreon fans that felt that the twist damaged/broke Dylan as a character.
Fact - Dylan lost 0 points with Sophia for that event. On a different path, he could lose major points with Sophia for watching her change in the mirror - which, I think, would be far less than cost of arranging the blackmail of his mother.
I think L&P realized this when he saw the reactions to what, by Dylan points gained/lost, seemed a minor reveal, something likely meant to show a more mature Dylan but didn't end up that way.

If the reveal was actually Dylan seeing Ellie conspiring with Aiden to blackmail Sophia to loosen her up - this would make Ellie far less sweet and more of a conniving manipulator. It would have made for a dramatic reveal and changed our view of Ellie (and most would agree - not for the better). If, after many objected to this reveal, L&P removed it, would you and other Ellie fans be objecting so much? We both know that the answer is no.

Frankly - this kind of a reveal would have eliminated a character from any story in most scenarios, unless something like my Patricia post was what really happened.
AWAM Dylan Twist Post 1a1.png

If L&P had gone with something like my Patricia idea, this would have actually made Dylan a stronger character, but he chose to go another path and this is his story to tell and ours to enjoy (even those who do not like Dylan).

We can debate the meaning of what L&P did regarding removing the 'Twist' all we want - but it's no longer part of L&P's intended story so why camp there?

3.20 star(s) 461 Votes