ancienregimele

Sep 27, 2017
There are constant themes which run through this thread, especially as each new wave of players discover the pros & cons of AWAM. Disregarding personal tastes in the progress of the story, it's possible to highlight some of the recurring issues. Update times will always be long, with a resultant loss of enthusiasm, involvement &/or actual memory of some characters. There's little point in complaining about it, as long as the patron numbers are high. Then there's the proliferation of characters/storylines, some apparently leading nowhere, which could also, however, be said to be representative of reality. I would add here the timescale in which this will all be completed, which speaking personally, I think is so far away, (assuming it ever happens), as not to be worth too much thought. So, that's my philosophical take on the game's 'challenges' for incoming players.
I will say that I think we'd all benefit from having a better idea of where particular storylines & characters might be heading, e.g. what can possibly happen with the religious family that stays within the bounds of probity, however loosely defined this may be for the pursuit of sex-based gaming? Plus a few extra spoilers would be nice!

phill_leotardo

Dec 20, 2019
The difference between this and BaDIK however, is that this is FemProt. My experience with MalProt games is that the MC is simply an uninteresting one-dimensional character. Sophia however, is far more complex. Even now, you can play her as the prudish housewife, or someone caught up in blackmail and doing sexual favours, to everything in between. As someone strictly straight, or pure lesbian route, or a combination of both.

Ellie too, you can play as strictly straight, or experimenting with bisexuality, possibly even just becoming lesbian.

And then on the Dylan route you can either go the boarding school route or Aiden's tasks, changing how he grows as a character etc.

A dev might put out 10 or 100 times the renders of L&P. But that means nothing if their characters are uninteresting, and the plot is boring, which so far has always been the case when someone has compared a particular game to this one. So while it can get boring waiting between updates, the wait has generally been worth it. And things are starting to heat up, if they haven't already.
most unbiased review ever, being a dik has 10 to the nth place more in-depth construct than AWAM does.
every time a new AWAM update comes out, i always struggle to remember who is who, whereas, in being a dik you can easily remember the character by their very different personality.

Notretsam

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
most unbiased review ever, being a dik has 10 to the nth place more in-depth construct than AWAM does.
every time a new AWAM update comes out, i always struggle to remember who is who, whereas, in being a dik you can easily remember the character by their very different personality.
Have to agree Being A DIK is better than AWAM but I still enjoy AWAM though, just wish L&P focus more on Aiden tasks in each update.

Reactions: Matt1 and mulerider

momojean

Sep 15, 2017
Wake me up when this game is done
Why? You intend to sleep till 2035? Its completely ridiculous that an adult game last around 20 years. And guess what? some people here are very happy with it.
At this pace the dev will never reach the middle of this game. He'll do exactly what Gumdrop and Icstor did. He'll keep updating it slowly till he reaches a certain amount of monthly income and then he'll abandon it. Cause he now knows that even after dropping the game he'll keep earning few bucks from it for years.

Notretsam

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
well, its a smaller update than normal but it does seem to be increasing faster than normal which I like.

This doesn't seem right but this thread was last updated "2020-09-11" according to the first post but it not been that long since the last update, so think that wasn't updated last time.

am I wrong? surely not been over 2 months since the last update?

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
well, its a smaller update than normal but it does seem to be increasing faster than normal which I like.

This doesn't seem right but this thread was last updated "2020-09-11" according to the first post but it not been that long since the last update, so think that wasn't updated last time.

am I wrong? surely not been over 2 months since the last update?
No it has. However L&P had to move into a new apartment during the second half of September, so work didn't start on the next update until October 2. So it's been less than 2 months that L&P has been working on the update.

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
This thread is full of strong emotions! I admit that I'm new to the game, this is only my second update in real-time, but I share most of the frustrations with the pros and cons. I'm ok with a slow paced game with long releases- but AWAM really pushes it to the extreme. If the new release schedule is maintained, I think a 3ish month development period is fair considering the length of the last update.

Personally, I only have 1 playthrough saved, so the enormous replay value of this game is lost on me. I prefer to stick with my choices when I play through games, so I don't like to go back and try different paths to see which I like best. If I lock myself out of a storyline, then so be it. However, considering the long development time before this game is completed, it would be nice if the save system were organized differently to make it easier to separate play-throughs.

But really, that leads me to my biggest problem with this game. It isn't so bad that the development time between releases is long, but the scope of the game is unreasonable. When I first heard of this game I had no idea of its already long development. Then I learned that L&P estimates that there could be as many as 10 years left in front of us. That's crazy. Storylines are already difficult to keep straight, how many years does he need to tell the story? Case in point, the hair dresser and her daughter- they feel like completely unnecessary characters. I'm sure L&P has a plan, and the yoga scene was fun, but there's too many balls in the air to keep juggling all these characters. Sophia and Claire made plans to see eachother in a couple days, but to us it may be six months to a year before we ever get to see those days. From a storytelling perspective this is a disaster because we're completely losing track of who the characters are. Without the (slightly outdated) character glossary, it would be almost impossible to remember everyone.

I feel strongly that L&P needs a collaborator that they trust that can come in and help scale the game down to something more manageable. What are the core stories that need to be told, and what characters can we eliminate in order to tell those stories most effectively. You always need supporting characters, but certainly we don't need ALL of these supporting characters. Maybe L&P really has cut some content, it seems like the bums, the movers, Dylan's teacher, the postman, Sophia's first job, and the young couple who are friends with Sophia and Liam; all of this seems to have been put on the back burner or cut. And I think that's good. But I think he needs to keep going because the game is drowning in content.

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
This thread is full of strong emotions! I admit that I'm new to the game, this is only my second update in real-time, but I share most of the frustrations with the pros and cons. I'm ok with a slow paced game with long releases- but AWAM really pushes it to the extreme. If the new release schedule is maintained, I think a 3ish month development period is fair considering the length of the last update.

Personally, I only have 1 playthrough saved, so the enormous replay value of this game is lost on me. I prefer to stick with my choices when I play through games, so I don't like to go back and try different paths to see which I like best. If I lock myself out of a storyline, then so be it. However, considering the long development time before this game is completed, it would be nice if the save system were organized differently to make it easier to separate play-throughs.

But really, that leads me to my biggest problem with this game. It isn't so bad that the development time between releases is long, but the scope of the game is unreasonable. When I first heard of this game I had no idea of its already long development. Then I learned that L&P estimates that there could be as many as 10 years left in front of us. That's crazy. Storylines are already difficult to keep straight, how many years does he need to tell the story? Case in point, the hair dresser and her daughter- they feel like completely unnecessary characters. I'm sure L&P has a plan, and the yoga scene was fun, but there's too many balls in the air to keep juggling all these characters. Sophia and Claire made plans to see eachother in a couple days, but to us it may be six months to a year before we ever get to see those days. From a storytelling perspective this is a disaster because we're completely losing track of who the characters are. Without the (slightly outdated) character glossary, it would be almost impossible to remember everyone.

I feel strongly that L&P needs a collaborator that they trust that can come in and help scale the game down to something more manageable. What are the core stories that need to be told, and what characters can we eliminate in order to tell those stories most effectively. You always need supporting characters, but certainly we don't need ALL of these supporting characters. Maybe L&P really has cut some content, it seems like the bums, the movers, Dylan's teacher, the postman, Sophia's first job, and the young couple who are friends with Sophia and Liam; all of this seems to have been put on the back burner or cut. And I think that's good. But I think he needs to keep going because the game is drowning in content.
Actually the L&P estimate is closer to 5 years to finish the game. It's our estimates here that push the estimates to 10 years or more.

My Herman and Mr Gibbs from the first job haven't been cut. There just hasn't been a 2nd day yet for Sophia to work at that job. But there will be update after this.

OtstrelDebilov

You should work better
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2017
Have to agree Being A DIK is better than AWAM but I still enjoy AWAM though, just wish L&P focus more on Aiden tasks in each update.
There are different support and different level of game creation comparing these two games.
drPinkCake is a hardworked and fan of his development!

Milflover1010

Jul 29, 2020
Being a dik is better so far for the development period as the dev comes out with full whole episode in 5-6 months and yes the story of it is very amazed and exciting as being a college student and a teenager what the life is and all the characters are so good and well developed its like playing a webseries and yes the animation are so good and about AWAM as the dev needs to start making the full episode as waiting for one episode for one year is not good and why the people who are giving money don't demand for it. and also the animations are less and what the story of this games is not yet cleared as taken in real life if someone would tried at Sophia for 2 years he would at least get a one night with her

u3poD

Dec 26, 2017
Thats not exacly true. I was amazed by DIK game at the beggining, but after part 3 I think they lost me with horrible gameplay that I didnt like at all. There was some big mansion with many rooms and floors that you should check many times... horrible. I`m not interested by it anymore and i`m not playing it anymore.
In the same time a-wife-and-mother has a great renders,good story and good gameplay for me and I`m enjoying it very much

souf

Jul 10, 2019
Did you choose the Ellie/Julia scene or the Alyssa? Because if you chose the Ellie/Julia scene, you don't get Filthy points, only Lesbian Temptation. I'll need to double check, but I think the Alyssa event is the only one in which you can get Filthy points during 0.100
The Ellie/Julia scene is the pool one?

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
That depends entirely on what you mean by "real deal". If you mean sex scenes on the Filthy route, they're not expected to start until playable day 19/20, which is likely at least 4 or 5 years away.

There are numerous. Unren is probably the most useful. But it's probably better to follow a walkthrough, just to make sure you're still getting the scenes. Did you choose the Ellie/Julia scene or the Alyssa? Because if you chose the Ellie/Julia scene, you don't get Filthy points, only Lesbian Temptation. I'll need to double check, but I think the Alyssa event is the only one in which you can get Filthy points during 0.100
Yes, you get 3 filthy points on the Alyssa/Sophia route.
1 point for Zac and 2 points for Antonio.

Reactions: Poser_Voyeur

meanguy

Dec 2, 2019
I do not concur with those who state BADIK is better than AWAM. First off, the charachter is way less interesting to me, and the gameplay is very often awkward.
True it has way more sexual content, a nice story plot and excellent renders, but still nowhere near AWAM to me.

3.20 star(s) 461 Votes